How early do you put up your Christmas decorations? And when do you take them down?

DisneyGigi

I am a crazy Christmas decorating NUT. With, that said, I used to put up my trees, 2, until a few years ago, right around Thanksgiving. We have a plenty of room for lots of trees now, and I like to theme them- so I usually start early. (My family hates me for this, I think) If I wasn’t going to Disney World, a few days after Thanksgiving, I would start probably next weekend. 😮 I know- but I have 6, inside. A Santa tree, a girly Audrey Heburn tree, an Angel tree, a Kitchen tree, with dried oranges, handmade gingerbread men, cinnamon sticks, and utensils, etc, a Disney tree, and an everything tree.
We have more lights than Clark Griswold, not to mention, Mickey and Goofy 4 ft tall lights to put up, wreaths, Doorway garland inside and out, 2 fireplace mantles, countless 🎅🏻 figures, poinsettias, Nativity sets-I really love Christmas. Lol 😂 It just takes too long to only do it for a few weeks.
My goal, is to get two trees, up before we leave the day after Thanksgiving, and then do the rest when we get home- December 1, lights will go up that weekend. If we were not going to Disney, I would be begging and getting my way for them to be started the day after Thanksgiving. 😬
I take it all down 12/26- when it is over, it is over, for me. 😬

macefamily

We used to have two trees and hung alot of lights around the house. Also had some lawn ornaments. But as the kids get older we have scaled back. One Disney/Universal themed tree. No more LED lights; just some window dress lights.
Usually get the stuff up the first week of December, and we rip it all down the second week of January. It stinks because we live in a three story home and ALL of the Christmas stuff is in the attic. Lots of stairs to deal with !

HouCuseChickie

I usually don't do anything until after Thanksgiving- right after Thanksgiving...and it all usually comes down the first weekend after New Year's. We've also scaled back on the exterior stuff and even skipped the natural tree the last few years because we were doing so much travel in December. As much as I love it, it's hard for me to fully appreciate it when we're not there...and I don't want to repeat the year where I kept it all up until mid January to make up for lost decoration appreciation time. :p

See, I REALLY like Thanksgiving! My friends refer to me as a turkey hoarder!

40387728065_9db0da631d_z.jpg

So, I really try and get the most of the bird season before making the jump into the Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's stuff.

note2001

I usually don't do anything until after Thanksgiving- right after Thanksgiving...and it all usually comes down the first weekend after New Year's. We've also scaled back on the exterior stuff and even skipped the natural tree the last few years because we were doing so much travel in December. As much as I love it, it's hard for me to fully appreciate it when we're not there...and I don't want to repeat the year where I kept it all up until mid January to make up for lost decoration appreciation time. :p

See, I REALLY like Thanksgiving! My friends refer to me as a turkey hoarder!

40387728065_9db0da631d_z.jpg

So, I really try and get the most of the bird season before making the jump into the Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year's stuff.
I really love this post. I don't know if it's the sheer size of your freezer, the quantity of turkeys you have there, or maybe the beautiful layer of frost that reminds me of an artic ice shelf, but I love it.

HouCuseChickie

I really love this post. I don't know if it's the sheer size of your freezer, the quantity of turkeys you have there, or maybe the beautiful layer of frost that reminds me of an artic ice shelf, but I love it.

Sadly, that’s our old freezer. DH decided when we moved last year that we didn’t need that much freezer space. I can still fit about eight 20+ pound birds in the new one, but I try and leave space for other things. I did enjoy the frost on the old one. It always felt like I was digging into winter 😂

NeedMoreMickey

If using a fake tree the first weekend in December if real tree about 7-10 days before Christmas. We always grew up with everything stays decorated until as my mom calls it Little Christmas. First year married my husband wanted to take everything down on January 1st but I said nope. We compromise the outside decorations come down but inside until weekend after January 6th.

kong1802

I love these types of threads to see how everyone does it a little bit differently.

We have to hold ourselves back from decorating before Thanksgiving.

We did a little clean out of the garage this last weekend, and it took insane amounts of restraint to not just bring those Christmas boxes inside and start putting it all up!

The earliest we have decorated is the weekend before Thanksgiving, but for the most part that's what we spend our black Fridays doing.

We always do a live tree because I refuse to accept that fake ones exist (no shade to those who use the face ones, I actually get it) but because they die so quickly, we take it down by NYD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom