How do you tour the MK?

ThinkTink721

I'm curious...
How do you tour the MK when you visit WDW?
Do you just "go with the flow" or do you plan, in order, which lands to visit?
Do you plan according to your favorite rides & attractions?
:veryconfu :wave:

bgraham34

If we get there first thing in the morning we do the following in order.
PP, Pooh, HM, POTC, SM, BTMR, and then we head back to Fantasy land and work our way back thru Tomorrow Land.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I always head to the left............and just for the record, I dont think its a way to avoid the crowds. Adventureland, and Fronteirland are my favorites, and the kids love them. We usally hit MK 4 times during our stay, just to be sure we dont miss anything!!

Upvote 0

Boray

We get there when the park opens...sometimes earlier..;)..and head straight to FantasyLand...

We do Dumbo,Pooh,Snow White,Philharmagic,Carousel,Peter Pan,And It's A Small World..then HM,and then go to Splash and Space and Pirates all by 10 something ..and I never wait in a line more then 15 min at the most..there really is no need.:)

We start in Fantasyland too (but we usually wait for Splash until after lunch, but otherwise, we do the same attractions as you.) We occasionally find ourselves walking through Fantasyland right after lunch and by that time it's a nightmare!!! Wall to wall kids (most of whom are tired because it's their nap time). DS is 8 and DD just turned 5. By hitting Fantasyland first, we have the rest of the day to hit the rest of the park. Occasionally, we go back to Fantasyland in the evening when many of the families with very young children have left, but usually, Fantasyland is first and done my mid morning. I wouldn't start anywhere else if you want to do Fantasyland at all.

The best advice for MK (or for any of the parks) is to get there before it opens. We usually arrive about 10 minutes before the rope drops. I've never regretted getting to any of the parks before opening. I guess we're just morning people, but I couldn't imagine sleeping in while on vacation at WDW!!!!!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hit the place at sun up with pace and aggression, travel light move fast and leave the weak behind. Try to minimise colatoral damage to young kids and strollers, but dawdlers are legitimate targets.:drevil:

Once the major rides have been bagged, break for lunch RnR and take the pm to savour the park and ride TTA.

Upvote 0

coltow

POTC is our first ride on our 1st day at MK, tradition. We then just keep going clockwise We fast pass as many attractions as possible. We can usually get through Adventureland, Frontierland and some of Fantasyland before our afternoon pool break. After our break we take the train and head for ToonTown and then Tomorrowland. We always plan on at least 2 full days at MK, so if we skip something on the 1st day then those are the rides that we start with on the 2nd day.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

We always start in Adventureland and work our way to Tomorrowland. I just can't imagine starting out in Tomorrowland for some reason. Too early in the morning maybe? Just the way we have always done it I suppose.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I use a combination of the Unofficial Guide Touring Plans and some gut intuition. Don't hit entire lands at once unless it pays to do so! You usually get stuck with huge crowds trying to do the same thing. Move around and really take advantage of the parks.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I think I've said this to you before. You really need to read the Unofficial Guide to WDW. You ask so many questions every day about touring the parks, and almost every question you ask could be answered with that book.

The book also says that the "go to the left" strategy is bogus.

After experimenting with a variety of ways to tour MK, I think I perfected my strategy on this last visit. Choose an extra magic hour morning, arrive at the park around 7:45 a.m. (a few minutes before opening), which means leaving your hotel around 7:15. When they drop the rope go straight to Dumbo, then Peter Pan, then Pooh, then Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, then finish up the rest of Fantasyland except Mickey's Philhmarmagic, then go straight to Toontown and see anything you want to see there as soon as they drop the rope (at 10 a.m. I believe), then go back and see Mickey's Philharmagic. If you follow my strategy you'll have completely finished the most congested section of the park by 11 a.m. without waiting in a single line.
I have read it.
I was just asking to see how others tour.
Be nice. :) :D :wave:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I think I've said this to you before. You really need to read the Unofficial Guide to WDW. You ask so many questions every day about touring the parks, and almost every question you ask could be answered with that book.

The book also says that the "go to the left" strategy is bogus.

After experimenting with a variety of ways to tour MK, I think I perfected my strategy on this last visit. Choose an extra magic hour morning, arrive at the park around 7:45 a.m. (a few minutes before opening), which means leaving your hotel around 7:15. When they drop the rope go straight to Dumbo, then Peter Pan, then Pooh, then Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, then finish up the rest of Fantasyland except Mickey's Philhmarmagic, then go straight to Toontown and see anything you want to see there as soon as they drop the rope (at 10 a.m. I believe), then go back and see Mickey's Philharmagic. If you follow my strategy you'll have completely finished the most congested section of the park by 11 a.m. without waiting in a single line.

I think the majority of questions asked on this or any other board could be answered by numerous sources.....so does this comment apply to everyone? I personally don't see a problem with the fact that thinktink asks alot of questions:shrug: . If someone is tired of her asking alot of questions, then there is no need to open a thread if you see it is her. I dont remember reading that there is a daily question limit on this forum....but someone correct me if I am wrong!
Anyway, to answer tinks question....as others with small kids have said, we also start in Fantasy Land because of the very long lines that form there later in the day. Then we do Toon Town when it opens at 10:00. Then we usually work our way back through Fant. Land to Liberty Squ. to do HM, and the onto Front. Land and then AL. By then it is usually time to go back to the resort to rest. Then we come back in the evening and go to Tomorrow Land and then head back to the Front. Land area to watch SpectroMagic, then we take the shortcut through Front. Land by the bathrooms to AL to get back to Main Street to watch the fireworks.

Upvote 0

orangewarrior

Basing it on Today Tuesday July 17th

Utilizing the Early Extra Magic Hours and wanting to watch Spectromagic and Wishes tonight, and wanting to take a midday break, I would do something along these lines.

I'd start with a trip to Winnie the Pooh
follow that with a spin on Buzz Lightyear
I'd then ride the Indy Speedway (my daughter loves to drive)
I'd get a Fastpass for Peter Pan
Probably visit with Alice and any one else out near Tea Party...maybe even ride the Tea Party
Stich might also be out in Tommorowland by this time
I'd ride Goofy's Barnstormer as Toontime opens
Then I'd ride Small World
Get a Fastpass for Space Mountain and sneak in a Character Greeting. Mary Poppins can usually be found in and around FantasyLand
I'd use my Fastpass to ride Peter Pan
Then I'd probably break for the midday...and return between 1:30 and 2:00 and immediately get a fast pass for Splash Mountain.
Then I'd use my fastpass for Space Mountain
Next I'd see Carousel in Progress (good place to get out of the heat)
Next I'd see Monsters, Inc.
Next I'd see Hall Of Presidents (again beat the heat)
Then I'd take a nice float on the Riverboat
I'd probably search for more characters and figure I could find some at this time of the day in Adventureland and then I'd have dinner. Probably at Pecos Bill.
Immediately after dinner, I'd ride Big Thunder Mountain (probably a decent wait - but might be starting to thin)
Then I'd use my fastpass for Splash Mountain
Next I'd ride Pirates of the Carribbean (again hoping that later time might have helped the wait)
and if I had time, before having to position myself for Spectromagic, I'd ride Jungle Cruise.
Then I'd watch the Parade, and then Wishes and call it a day.

Wow that was fun.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I think the majority of questions asked on this or any other board could be answered by numerous sources.....so does this comment apply to everyone? I personally don't see a problem with the fact that thinktink asks alot of questions:shrug: . If someone is tired of her asking alot of questions, then there is no need to open a thread if you see it is her. I dont remember reading that there is a daily question limit on this forum....but someone correct me if I am wrong!
Anyway, to answer tinks question....as others with small kids have said, we also start in Fantasy Land because of the very long lines that form there later in the day. Then we do Toon Town when it opens at 10:00. Then we usually work our way back through Fant. Land to Liberty Squ. to do HM, and the onto Front. Land and then AL. By then it is usually time to go back to the resort to rest. Then we come back in the evening and go to Tomorrow Land and then head back to the Front. Land area to watch SpectroMagic, then we take the shortcut through Front. Land by the bathrooms to AL to get back to Main Street to watch the fireworks.
Thanks so much for sticking up for me! :)
I think some people forget why we are posting on these boards - isn't it to ask questions, answer questions & obtain info. about something we all like - WDW? :veryconfu
I'm not trying to get attention or post duplicate info. on purpose.
I'm here for fun!
Again, thanks!!! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

Microcell

Everyones tips are so interesting! I usually start by standing on Main Street crying and thanking Uncle Walt for the happy times ahead!

Then I take my DS (5 this trip) on Buzz Lightyear and he is scared the rest of the trip!

He still sings "Yo ho yo ho a Pirates after me" from our trip last year.

We will be starting in Fantasyland this trip with Tea cups, Dumbo and Cindys carousel, "the boats" (Its a small world)... then we may shove him into Philharmagic, Peterpan, Haunted Mansion in that order. Or we may skip HM and see how he does with Pirates.

Ahhh five year olds!

Upvote 0

GenerationX

For our trips, we plan on 3-4 "tours" of the MK. Tours are typically around 5 hours each. We plan each tour around a couple of Must See attractions that are in close proximity to each other. We complete each tour with nearby second tier attractions as time/desire permits.

I'm a big proponent of creating touring plans that minimize park criss-crossing.

Upvote 0

mrssparrow

I always go left and hit Pirates first. After that I'll usually just make my way around clockwise. Though I've done my share of sporadic touring in MK. Sometimes it's just fun to bounce around. :D

Ahhhhhh My 1st Post :sohappy:

This is exactly what we do... If we are staying for a while, the first MK day is spent this way... after that, then next MK day starts in FantasyLand and hit all of the rides there first

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Ahhhhhh My 1st Post :sohappy:

This is exactly what we do... If we are staying for a while, the first MK day is spent this way... after that, then next MK day starts in FantasyLand and hit all of the rides there first
Congrats!...By the way, I cried when I left WDW last summer. :cry:
Welcome to the boards! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thanks so much for sticking up for me! :)
I think some people forget why we are posting on these boards - isn't it to ask questions, answer questions & obtain info. about something we all like - WDW? :

Ahh thats where Im going wrong, I thought the aim was to irritate purists,and Inglish teechurs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom