How do you tour the MK?

ThinkTink721

I'm curious...
How do you tour the MK when you visit WDW?
Do you just "go with the flow" or do you plan, in order, which lands to visit?
Do you plan according to your favorite rides & attractions?
:veryconfu :wave:

Heatherbell

Everyones tips are so interesting! I usually start by standing on Main Street crying and thanking Uncle Walt for the happy times ahead!

Then I take my DS (5 this trip) on Buzz Lightyear and he is scared the rest of the trip!

He still sings "Yo ho yo ho a Pirates after me" from our trip last year.

We will be starting in Fantasyland this trip with Tea cups, Dumbo and Cindys carousel, "the boats" (Its a small world)... then we may shove him into Philharmagic, Peterpan, Haunted Mansion in that order. Or we may skip HM and see how he does with Pirates.

Ahhh five year olds!

Exactly, everyones tips are interesting. And to quote someone else ALL of this information can be found in a book, in fact there are about 5 books ALL of which I own that I could look up info in but it is much more fun getting people's perspectives. I don't think that ThinkTink was asking a question about HOW to tour the parks, I think she was asking how people tour the parks. Big difference. I was just on another thread talking about how ridiculous the "rules" are about posting and not posting. Maybe those who are angry about posts should write down explicit rules of what to post and what not to post and when and how we should post that way there is no confusion.... :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

On the first "full day" for us at MK we always start at Adventureland and work our way around, then when Fanatasy land I go get a fastpass for Space Mountain. Just what we do for some reason. We always go to the MK multiple times when we are there so we always hit up everything we want to see and go on our favorites again.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Exactly, everyones tips are interesting. And to quote someone else ALL of this information can be found in a book, in fact there are about 5 books ALL of which I own that I could look up info in but it is much more fun getting people's perspectives. I don't think that ThinkTink was asking a question about HOW to tour the parks, I think she was asking how people tour the parks. Big difference. I was just on another thread talking about how ridiculous the "rules" are about posting and not posting. Maybe those who are angry about posts should write down explicit rules of what to post and what not to post and when and how we should post that way there is no confusion.... :wave:
I like you girl!
Thanks Heatherbell!
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. :)
If you don't like my posts, don't read them. :eek:
There are people who post here who have been rude in the past & I just don't read their posts. :eek:
:D :wave:

Exactly! I always find it so funny when people complain about other people's posts (with the exception of extreme rudness or things that are offensive...eg. some of the posts whenever gay days or another hot topic is discussed and people get ugly....I can see how someone would complain about things like that...in my opinion). But when it is things like complaining about too many wand threads, or people posting something that has already been posted, or the number of posts someone posts, or whatever.... just don't click on it if it does not interest you. There are lots of topics I see in threads that dont interest me or that I already know the answer to (like the wand threads). So I dont open them. Very simple. Geez....give thinktink a break. I actually click on most of her threads because I enjoy reading the answers. Heatherbell summed it up perfectly.....even though alot of info can be found in books, MOST of the tips I have used to plan my trips have come from this forum. Everyone does things differently and it is helpful and fun to hear all of the different ways people go about things. While the books are very helpful, they cant replace conversations with hundreds of Disney fanactics....that is what is so great about this forum. Just look at all of the various answers in this thread alone. You will not find that many different opinions in any book. If all we need and want to know can be found in books, then why are we all visiting this board? I should also add that I see no problem in politly refering someone to a particular book or website that you think would be helpful in answering a specific question they have. But I dont think that is what was done to thinktink, in my opinion. I have seen sarcastic remarks made to her and about her large number of posts in other threads (some of which she was not even participating in) and while some of them were meant as harmless jokes, if I were her I might have my feelings a bit hurt over some of them. But she has always taken the high road and has never been rude back to people...she has always been very polite to everyone and I admire that.
Sorry for my long winded post....i guess I just feel the need to defend her because she is just so nice to everyone!

Upvote 0
1. Hit fantasyland as this is always visited mainly by kids and families and is extremely crowded
a. Dumbo
b. Carousel
c. Mickey's Philharmagic
d. Peter Pan then so on

2. Next move towards adventureland -- Tiki room, aladdin, jungle cruise, pirates (not neccesarily in that order)

3. Frontierland before going to adventureland grab a fastpass for Spalsh Mountain, hit Spalsh and Big Thunder after that you should be in good position for the parade.

4. Liberty Square -- Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents

5. Finish up Fantasyland

6. Tommorowland, grab fastpass for Space Mountain, do carousel of progress, TTA, Stitch and Monster Inc

Using a plan modified or similar to this gets us in about 35-45 attractions on Easter Sunday while also doing Breakfast at Cinderella Castle and Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. BTW Easter Sunday is the busiest day of all year with park capacity reached by 11 AM

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Exactly! I always find it so funny when people complain about other people's posts (with the exception of extreme rudness or things that are offensive...eg. some of the posts whenever gay days or another hot topic is discussed and people get ugly....I can see how someone would complain about things like that...in my opinion). But when it is things like complaining about too many wand threads, or people posting something that has already been posted, or the number of posts someone posts, or whatever.... just don't click on it if it does not interest you. There are lots of topics I see in threads that dont interest me or that I already know the answer to (like the wand threads). So I dont open them. Very simple. Geez....give thinktink a break. I actually click on most of her threads because I enjoy reading the answers. Heatherbell summed it up perfectly.....even though alot of info can be found in books, MOST of the tips I have used to plan my trips have come from this forum. Everyone does things differently and it is helpful and fun to hear all of the different ways people go about things. While the books are very helpful, they cant replace conversations with hundreds of Disney fanactics....that is what is so great about this forum. Just look at all of the various answers in this thread alone. You will not find that many different opinions in any book. If all we need and want to know can be found in books, then why are we all visiting this board? I should also add that I see no problem in politly refering someone to a particular book or website that you think would be helpful in answering a specific question they have. But I dont think that is what was done to thinktink, in my opinion. I have seen sarcastic remarks made to her and about her large number of posts in other threads (some of which she was not even participating in) and while some of them were meant as harmless jokes, if I were her I might have my feelings a bit hurt over some of them. But she has always taken the high road and has never been rude back to people...she has always been very polite to everyone and I admire that.
Sorry for my long winded post....i guess I just feel the need to defend her because she is just so nice to everyone!
Thanks for the support!
I really do enjoy this site! :D
But, I guess you have to put up w/ negative things no matter where you go. :(
I won't let it get me down! :sohappy:
:wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
1. Hit fantasyland as this is always visited mainly by kids and families and is extremely crowded
a. Dumbo
b. Carousel
c. Mickey's Philharmagic
d. Peter Pan then so on

2. Next move towards adventureland -- Tiki room, aladdin, jungle cruise, pirates (not neccesarily in that order)

3. Frontierland before going to adventureland grab a fastpass for Spalsh Mountain, hit Spalsh and Big Thunder after that you should be in good position for the parade.

4. Liberty Square -- Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents

5. Finish up Fantasyland

6. Tommorowland, grab fastpass for Space Mountain, do carousel of progress, TTA, Stitch and Monster Inc

Using a plan modified or similar to this gets us in about 35-45 attractions on Easter Sunday while also doing Breakfast at Cinderella Castle and Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. BTW Easter Sunday is the busiest day of all year with park capacity reached by 11 AM
Hey, did you look at my itinerary? :veryconfu :D
That is how I picked my tour for our 1st day at the MK.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I have read it.
I was just asking to see how others tour.
Be nice. :) :D :wave:

I noticed you seem to ask detailed questions on a daily basis about strategies for touring the parks, and that is the best book out there to help with that. I thought that by suggesting the book and also offering an entire paragraph of personal touring advice that I was being helpful.

Apparently I misunderstood the question though. That doesn't make me MEAN. :shrug:

Next time if you don't want advice, specify that you're only curious about what other people are doing, and not because you are looking for help planning your trip. :wave:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

I'm curious...
How do you tour the MK when you visit WDW?
Do you just "go with the flow" or do you plan, in order, which lands to visit?
Do you plan according to your favorite rides & attractions?
:veryconfu :wave:

We let the kids decide which way we'll go. As long as we hit PotC and JC, I'm a happy capt. :king:

Upvote 0

hls1023

I think I've said this to you before. You really need to read the Unofficial Guide to WDW. You ask so many questions every day about touring the parks, and almost every question you ask could be answered with that book.

The book also says that the "go to the left" strategy is bogus.

After experimenting with a variety of ways to tour MK, I think I perfected my strategy on this last visit. Choose an extra magic hour morning, arrive at the park around 7:45 a.m. (a few minutes before opening), which means leaving your hotel around 7:15. When they drop the rope go straight to Dumbo, then Peter Pan, then Pooh, then Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, then finish up the rest of Fantasyland except Mickey's Philhmarmagic, then go straight to Toontown and see anything you want to see there as soon as they drop the rope (at 10 a.m. I believe), then go back and see Mickey's Philharmagic. If you follow my strategy you'll have completely finished the most congested section of the park by 11 a.m. without waiting in a single line.

I kinda took it as a little snotty myself but........:rolleyes:

Anyway, my husband and I try not to rush anything cause then that ruins your whole trip. We get fast passes ASAP for the rides that we love and that we know will fill up quick. Best thing to do it relax and enjoy being there.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I noticed you seem to ask detailed questions on a daily basis about strategies for touring the parks, and that is the best book out there to help with that. I thought that by suggesting the book and also offering an entire paragraph of personal touring advice that I was being helpful.

Apparently I misunderstood the question though. That doesn't make me MEAN. :shrug:

Next time if you don't want advice, specify that you're only curious about what other people are doing, and not because you are looking for help planning your trip. :wave:
I did not think you were being mean at all..I thought the same thing..because she seems to ASK a lot of questions about WDW and all you were doing was letting her know that there is a book that would help her greatly..:shrug: \

In my opinion ..no harm done..:D

I kinda took it as a little snotty myself but........:rolleyes:
Well you took it wrong then also...
Not snotty at all...

:) :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom