How do you tour the MK?

ThinkTink721

I'm curious...
How do you tour the MK when you visit WDW?
Do you just "go with the flow" or do you plan, in order, which lands to visit?
Do you plan according to your favorite rides & attractions?
:veryconfu :wave:

Disney4648

I'm curious...
How do you tour the MK when you visit WDW?
Do you just "go with the flow" or do you plan, in order, which lands to visit?
Do you plan according to your favorite rides & attractions?
:veryconfu :wave:

Always hit tommorowland first because it is closest. It comes second nature to visit Space Mtn first we dont even think of where to go first, we just make our way over there.

Upvote 0
Splash Mountain first, then Big Thunder Mountain, and then haunted Mansion! After that I just go against the flow. Where there are huge massive crowds...there will not be me!

Upvote 0

jjgoo

A few tips I have found that work very well for touring MK.

1. Go to the left. Most people in the US tend to stay to the right.

2. Skip over the crowd. If you see a lot of people in one line skip over it to the next ride you want to visit and then double back. Ever notice that you see all the same people in the line the same time as you? That's because you have gotten yourself stuck in a crowd moving from one ride to the next. Break free and you will break free of the lines.

3. Frontierland is a great place for viewing the parades.

4. If you see an open side of a line that noone seems to be in check it out. I have seen times even when a CM is directing people that the other line is open and the crowd won't budge. Be bold, the short line is open so use it!

Have fun.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

patsfan24

I go to Adventureland first and go right around the loop from there, with the exception of Mick's Toontown Fair. After doing most of the stuff, I go back and hit all of the favorites.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I go to Adventureland first and go right around the loop from there, with the exception of Mick's Toontown Fair. After doing most of the stuff, I go back and hit all of the favorites.

This is what we do too. I think the traffic flow is smoother this way but it is mostly just what we have always done:)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
A few tips I have found that work very well for touring MK.

1. Go to the left. Most people in the US tend to stay to the right.

2. Skip over the crowd. If you see a lot of people in one line skip over it to the next ride you want to visit and then double back. Ever notice that you see all the same people in the line the same time as you? That's because you have gotten yourself stuck in a crowd moving from one ride to the next. Break free and you will break free of the lines.

3. Frontierland is a great place for viewing the parades.

4. If you see an open side of a line that noone seems to be in check it out. I have seen times even when a CM is directing people that the other line is open and the crowd won't budge. Be bold, the short line is open so use it!

Have fun.:sohappy:
I have heard that "go to the left" tip before somewhere.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Texas84

Clockwise. We head straight for Jungle Cruise, then Splash, then Thunder. We try to hit Space and Buzz during the parade. Our only FP for the day is Peter Pan.

Upvote 0

scorp111

:cool: :cool: In Style:cool: :cool:

:lookaroun :lookaroun

That's not what you were asking;)

Generally we do Fantasyland first, because we have two children under 4. In fact, we generally do Fantasyland last as well:lookaroun :lookaroun

Now that DD can do Splash/BTMR, we sometimes start there.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

I always go left and hit Pirates first. After that I'll usually just make my way around clockwise. Though I've done my share of sporadic touring in MK. Sometimes it's just fun to bounce around. :D

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We really just go wherever we feel like. Sometimes we hit tomorrowland first and work our way around. But we visit MK 3 or 4 times a trip, so we usually just end up going where we feel like because eventually we will see everything.

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

We always hit Splash first, and then get fastpasses for the following throughout the day: Pooh, Space, Buzz. We hit BTMR and maybe the Jungle Cruise in the last hour (never a line). I used to cross the park all the time, but now we send someone to get the fastpasses and take our time on the other attractions. We do Pirates, the Mansion, COP, Philharmagic and Small World during the day because they move really quickly and you can hit them anytime. I plan a couple of preferred seatings during the day and we always hit one.

It's funny that at first I really planned out the day and used a touring plan. Now we plan the biggies and really can enjoy the park at a much more relaxed pace.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

First off I should note that we do a minimum of 2 days at MK and always arrive before park openings esp. on EMH mornings.

We have younger girls so one day at MK we always start at Fantasyland and hit those hard and fast (often doing double rides on the favorites before the crowds hit), then head over to Tomorrowland using FP's as much as possible. and then hit the rest of the park from Adventureland back around.

The second full day we start at Splash/BTMR and hit all of those attractions in that area and then work our way around. We use FP's as needed, take breaks when needed, watch the second evening parade when they offer one and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

We usually go straight to Fantasyland first since we have little ones and we go to Tomorrowland last (usually at night) and ride Space Mountain with my oldest daughter.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I have heard that "go to the left" tip before somewhere.
:wave:

I think I've said this to you before. You really need to read the Unofficial Guide to WDW. You ask so many questions every day about touring the parks, and almost every question you ask could be answered with that book.

The book also says that the "go to the left" strategy is bogus.

After experimenting with a variety of ways to tour MK, I think I perfected my strategy on this last visit. Choose an extra magic hour morning, arrive at the park around 7:45 a.m. (a few minutes before opening), which means leaving your hotel around 7:15. When they drop the rope go straight to Dumbo, then Peter Pan, then Pooh, then Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, then finish up the rest of Fantasyland except Mickey's Philhmarmagic, then go straight to Toontown and see anything you want to see there as soon as they drop the rope (at 10 a.m. I believe), then go back and see Mickey's Philharmagic. If you follow my strategy you'll have completely finished the most congested section of the park by 11 a.m. without waiting in a single line.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I agree with Laura...
Rope drops at 9...

We get there when the park opens...sometimes earlier..;)..and head straight to FantasyLand...

We do Dumbo,Pooh,Snow White,Philharmagic,Carousel,Peter Pan,And It's A Small World..then HM,and then go to Splash and Space and Pirates all by 10 something ..and I never wait in a line more then 15 min at the most..there really is no need.:)

Have you never been to WDW before?:shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom