How do you really feel about Stich?

How do you really feel about Stich

• I love Stich!!!!!!!

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I like Stich but he is over used and just has bad attractions!

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • I only hate Stich because of SGE!

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I hate Stich and all traces of him must be wiped away from WDW!!

Votes: 33 31.1%

• Total voters

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly. He certainly does not have the "street cred" to be in that group.
Yep. Those are Walt's characters. The elite. :lol:

whew...I'm glad to find someone that feels the same way I do. I didn't actually choose any choice in the poll because none apply to me. I don't hate Stitch...not in the least. I actually kind of like him but he's not in the same league as Mickey or Pluto and shouldn't be considered a "classic" character.

and...I don;t hate the ride. It's kind of cute and easier on kids. I really enjoyed AE and was very disappointed to see it go because I loved having an "adult" attraction at MK but I don't blame Stitch.

I guess I'm just not in the hate, hate, hate group or the love, love, love group. (sorry for not taking part in the poll but thanks for making it because I enjoy reading the responses)
Well said!:)

I love Stitch.. He is one of my favourites and I really do enjoy the movie.. That being said, I don't really enjoy SGE and didn't even want to see the new stage (?) outside of Space Mountain.. I just enjoy him as a fun character..

SeaBreeze

whew...I'm glad to find someone that feels the same way I do. I didn't actually choose any choice in the poll because none apply to me. I don't hate Stitch...not in the least. I actually kind of like him but he's not in the same league as Mickey or Pluto and shouldn't be considered a "classic" character.

and...I don;t hate the ride. It's kind of cute and easier on kids. I really enjoyed AE and was very disappointed to see it go because I loved having an "adult" attraction at MK but I don't blame Stitch.

I guess I'm just not in the hate, hate, hate group or the love, love, love group. (sorry for not taking part in the poll but thanks for making it because I enjoy reading the responses)

You echoed my sentiments exactly :wave:

tumelo

I really wish they would do away with having Stitch do the wake up calls in the hotel.

I also hate SGE. I don't see the point to it.

worldfanatic

I've never understood the attraction of Lilo & Stitch. IMO, the movie is terrible. Both main characters are brats. Their redemption at the end of the movie doesn't save them in my book.
As a Disney stockholder though, God bless 'em, they're making oodles of money for Disney. Hopefully that cash will be spent on attractions that don't involve Stitch anymore. Enough is enough!

abug'saunt

I love Stitch. Blame the niece. I had no favorite character unlike everyone else in my family (DH = Grumpy/Mickey, Mom = Eeyore, Sis = Mickey, Niece = the Princesses).
Then trip #1. We were getting autographs, saw Lilo and Stitch, had some fun interactions between me and Stitch and one of those neck band water soaked cooler thingy. It was fun. But it was seeing Stitch on the next trip that made me realize I really liked him. I wanted a Santa hat with Stitch ears but they were all sold out. So I got a pull over sweatshirt with him on it instead. Wore it when I saw him. He was giving me the whole lovesick puppy routine. He even started to follow me when our turn was over! Lilo stopped him and it was then that my affection for Stitch really took hold. Sadly, I didn't get to see him on our last trip. Too many people wanting to do too many different things.
I, unfortunately, think there is not enough Stitch stuff. But my only defense is that I don't get to go as often as many others who think he is overused.

yankspy

He is a decent character but as others have said he suffers because they use him too much. It does not help that his attraction replaced a great one IMO. Stitch is sort of like that song on the radio that you somewhat like at first but then wind up hating because they play it every ten minutes.

Phonedave

None of your choices fit my feelings.

Stitch is a weak character. His "naughty" behavior is nothing more than pure lazy writing. What can we do for Stitch now? - lets have him TP the castle. What can we do now? Lets have him take over Steamboat Willie. What about now? - lets have him push over a cart. It is really just very lazy hackneyed writing.

Now, that in and of itself would not make me dislike Stitch. But it's that poor writing / character development along with the over the top promotion of the character that just boggles my mind. Stitch has become Disney's safe "bad boy". Where Disney villians in the past had personality, style, and substance - Cruella deVille, Ursula, and even Peg Leg Pete for example, Stitch has the sopmoric attitude of a college student who funnels a couple of beers and then goes out to steal street signs.

In the original movie Stitch was much better. He was not just a "prankster out for a good time". He was a - quite frankly - disturbed character, made that way by his creator. His anti-social tendencies were overcome by the friendship of Lilo who herself had trouble fitting into society. Together they were able to help each other grow and change. Now that at least is character development - with an overdone and re-hashed plot, granted, but still character development. (They could have gone much farther with his creator making him bad, the whole nature vs. nuture theme, is the capacity for evil inherent in people or is it learned, and if his creator is viewed as "god" and his redemer is Lilo, then what does that speak to about modern religion - however it is a kids movie, and I see why they did not want to go there). Since that time Stitch has just become a vehicle for fart jokes and and actions that if quite frankly my kids did, there would be some serious parenting repercussions.

-dave

EPCOT Explorer

In the original movie Stitch was much better. He was not just a "prankster out for a good time". He was a - quite frankly - disturbed character, made that way by his creator. His anti-social tendencies were overcome by the friendship of Lilo who herself had trouble fitting into society. Together they were able to help each other grow and change. Now that at least is character development - with an overdone and re-hashed plot, granted, but still character development. (They could have gone much farther with his creator making him bad, the whole nature vs. nuture theme, is the capacity for evil inherent in people or is it learned, and if his creator is viewed as "god" and his redemer is Lilo, then what does that speak to about modern religion - however it is a kids movie, and I see why they did not want to go there). Since that time Stitch has just become a vehicle for fart jokes and and actions that if quite frankly my kids did, there would be some serious parenting repercussions.

-dave

Looking at Stitch's Psychology. I love it!:lol::sohappy: Awesome, Dave!

barnebd5

Ok I dont "hate" stitch but I know I'm definitely just not a fan of him. I'm an artistic and creative minded person so I'll give points to the creator for originality with the animated feature which was not great but ok.

I guess if there was anything to hate about him it would definitely be the relentless promotion of him in the theme parks. For instance- (I will probably do some rambling on right about now but just bare with me lol.)- let's say you're going to the Magic Kingdom with a friend or family member you finally convinced to go there for the very first time and being the Disney fans that we are you KNOW they will love it. So you walk through the turnstiles and begin you're walk toward Main Street and you know any second that you're about to show that image you know so well as Cinderella Castle to some new eyes and what do you see? Cinderella Castle covered in TOILET PAPER? this is that person's first impression of the Magic Kingdom, REALLY?

Just my opinion, he's an ok secondary character and I don't mind seeing a doll or shirt here and there but it just got to be too much.

Thanks!

-Dan

dumbosgirl13

I honestly can not stand stitch! Just thinking about him make me irritated! Stitch is seemingly taking over all of tomorrow land not to mention alot of disney world!! The movie was not that good the ride is worse and i am very annoyed by all they hype about him!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom