How do cast members / Disney security make sure everyone is out of the parks?

klineski96

Original Poster
Reading the thread about the caves on Tom Sawyers Island, specifically the post where someone mentioned how they'd like to stay the night on the island, got me thinking... how do cast members and Disney security make sure the parks are totally empty each night? I know this sounds silly, but would it be possible to hide somewhere? Like Tom Sawyer's Island for an entire night?

And no I'm not talking about that episode of Boy Meets World where Corey and Shawn slept in the Splash Mountain logs overnight!! LOL

I imagine that Disney security, as well as the dozens (more? less?) of 3rd shift cast members, would find and remove anyone trying to stay in the parks. Does MK for example stay well lit at night for the 3rd shift staff? Any cm's have any insight here? Is it standard protocol do search for people attempting this? Does this even happen on a regular basis?

Thoughts?

Atomicmickey

Well, first they sweep the park with organic sensing lasers, then they bring out the alien repulsor beams, then they release the happy sleeping gas and relocate your sleeping body to Universal Studios and let them deal with it.

That's what a cousin of my friend's uncle told me who used to work on that one ride by that tree.

dizzbuff

I don't work at the parks but do have a very good view of the backside of MK. And oh yes it is very lit from what I can see from the back side. It is actually funny cuz some nites I can hear them practicing songs and can hear them testing the audio system........
Not sure if the whole park is lit up but

raven

Can't speak for MK but I work 3rd shifts at Epcot and the parks are well let. We have over 500 people in the park working on any given night, and that's only Disney Employees. Every building, prop, attraction, show, shop and restaurant are cleaned each night as well as all pavement in power washed. No place goes unseen.

There are also tons of contractors in the park each night that paint, clean carpets, work on pavement, sewage, plimbing, etc. Security also walk the park all night constantly checking every door, corner and dark spots (often with dogs) so I can almost certainly say...no, you can't hide.

And anyone trying should know that if they are found, be warned that Disney will prosecute to the fullest of the law. They don't mess around with stuff like that.

EPCOT Explorer

Dogs. And big sticks.
Really, now?:eek::lol:
Can't speak for MK but I work 3rd shifts at Epcot and the parks are well let. We have over 500 people in the park working on any given night, and that's only Disney Employees. Every building, prop, attraction, show, shop and restaurant are cleaned each night as well as all pavement in power washed. No place goes unseen.

There are also tons of contractors in the park each night that paint, clean carpets, work on pavement, sewage, plimbing, etc. Security also walk the park all night constantly checking every door, corner and dark spots (often with dogs) so I can almost certainly say...no, you can't hide.

And anyone trying should know that if they are found, be warned that Disney will prosecute to the fullest of the law. They don't mess around with stuff like that.
So, dress like a CM?:lookaroun:lol:

And the third shift activity must be cool to see...:D

disneydata

I would second that statement.

As for clearing the parks, each attraction, land, gift shop, and bathroom is checked sweeping from the back of the park to the front. Usually, security doesn't get involved until the chearing gets to the front of the park. It is mostly managers and coordinators who clear the individual lands/sections, then the main entrance team takes over with security to close off the front entrance of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom