How do cast members / Disney security make sure everyone is out of the parks?

hpyhnt 1000

Actually, out of curiosity, what exactly stays "operational" during third shift? Like, I know work lights probably come on and stuff, but what about the BGM? Is it still playing or is turned off? Is there like a third shift soundtrack thats played instead? And then rides like IASW and SSE with all the AAs; do they get turned off all night or are they for the most part on? I've always wondered...

WDWFigment

Aside from forming a triangle, this is exactly how we work the sweep at the end of the night in the ballpark (I work gameday security at Citizen's Bank Park in Philly). It can be time-consuming, especially on Sundays when there are lots of families with little little ones who always have to hit the bathrooms before heading home, but ti is also very effective. We'll each sweep out respective levels that way (there are 3) and then work to the main concourse by which time we have one gate open and any very late stragglers have to exit there. Once the 2 groups sweeping in opposite directions meet at that gate we're done and the full time secutiry takes over!

That said, I can't imagine how time consuming it would be to sweep one of the WDW parks!

I'm not a CM, but as someone who is frequently the last non-CM being "swept" out of the park (never tried to hide, never will, just taking pictures after closing), I would say it usually takes 45 minutes to an 1.5 hours (depending on when the park closed--the earlier the closing, the longer the full sweep) to complete the sweep.

We usually start at Big Thunder and work our way forward. As we come closer to the front, a manager usually stands about 10 feet "deeper" than us, not saying anything, but making sure we don't go back deeper into the park. Sometimes we get near the end of Main Street, they ask for us to wrap it up and get going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom