How can people justify going often?

Surge38

You know what, original poster? You are absolutely right. I've been wasting my vacations!! Well, no more, no sir!

Next year, my family wil go to...Hawwaii! A tropical island getaway...(Polynesian Resort)

Then the year after that, how about a tour of Europe? (Epcot World Showcase)

The next year, how about something REALLY adventurous...an AFRICAN SAFARI! (Animal Kingdom Lodge, and AK w/guided safari)

Then...how about South America? Kids gotta have culture, right? (Coronado Springs)

After all that excitement, the next year maybe we should do something a little more rustic. A simple family camping trip (Fort Wilderness campgrounds)

then...It's been YEARS since me and the wife visited Atlantic city...how about a trip to the Boardwalk? (Disney's Boardwalk Inn)

The next year, lets get a bit more exotic again...sun and fun in the exotic Caribbean! (Caribbean Beach Resort)

Next up, something a bit more "american"...how about a trip to Holywood, baby! (Disney's Holywood Studios)

By then the kids will be a bit older...time to check out the Madi Gras!!! (Port Orleans: French Quarter)

Since we're dreaming, why stick with boring old reality?? Always wanted to be high society in the early 1900s....(Grand Floridian)

Thank you OP for opening my eyes to my boring, repetitive vacationing habits! With your inspiration, I just plotted out a DECADE of completely un-boring, non-repetitive, unique vacations! But first up will be this year...in only 7 more days....Disney's Allstar Music, for a trip I like to call..."We're going back to freakin' DISNEY!!!"

PEPPER2029

Every year stay at the at the wilderness campground for 10 days. The family with our 3 doughters (4,6,and 9)
have said we will do it until it is not fun. We relax have fun see the same things we have always seen but continue to love it. The wife and I have been going once every year for 20+. Some peolpe may not get it. We do and i'm happy with that

Crazydisneyfanluke

My family goes to WDW once a year and we enjoy it, but i go about 4-6 times a year and still enjoy it. I have done things i have never done before there. Every time i go, there is no need to rush everywhere, i take my time and enjoy everything around me. I did MNSSHP for the first time, loved it.

I say plan your trips to a season you havent been before then it will seem a lot different.

PartOfYourWorld

Guess I will add my 2 cents...

WDW for me is place that allows me to escape from the rest of the world and take me to a whole other realm. It's a place that makes me happy.

Since I was 5 I have been 18 times with trips 19 and 20 to come. As I have gotten older, I've learned to appreciate different things every trip, slowing down, enjoying the resorts, dining, etc. We save all the time for trips and this year will not need to pay for tickets since we recieved APs with our wedding package through Disney. We have been on DCL (LOVE IT and looking to sneak one in this year maybe) and planning a trip to Disneyland next year and possibly a different cruise with friends. We enjoy other trips or places as well not Disney throughout the year. I have also discovered a new love of runDisney...I'll actually be going down next weekend just for the Princess Half weekend and not going to ANY of the parks :jawdrop:. Just a nice relaxing vacation enjoying the resort and running the races.

Disney every year or twice a year or more isn't for everyone, to each their own and that's fine by me!

StarWarsGirl

I go two-three times a year. Why? I hit rides in the winter more when it's not excessively hot, and hit the pool amd the water parks in the summer and less park time. Pretty simple. We have annual passes that we bought with our dvc discount, so basically we pay for the room (which usually we use our points for) airfare, and food. We don't usually eat out at home, so that's vacation money. And in June, we use our points to go elsewhere. Last June we did Disneyland and Hawaii, the year before that we did just Hawaii, year before that and every December we go to South Carolina. This June we are going to South Carolina, next year probably Hawaii, and then the year afted a long SoCal trip.

Last WDW trip didn't cost a lot. For a 9 day trip, it cost $650 for a room at Pop with an AP discount, nothing for $20 for Southwest airfare thanks to frequent flyer miles and a few vouchers, and around $550 for food and a few souveniers. It cost my friend around $1500 for food, airfare, and her pass. Not terrible for either of us I must say. I did get to see the castle all decorated with the ice, which I'd never seen before. If you take the parks slowly and rotate what you do, you'll hit something new every trip, or at least something you haven't done in a while. We did BATB, which I haven't seen in six years, Finding Nemo: The Musical, which I haven't seen in over 2 years, we ate at Boma and Cape May, which I usually don't get to do, I hadn't seen Little Mermaid in a while, and I hadn't stayed at Pop in a long time. In August I will hit the water parks and the pool. We're already talking about going again next January, and we'll do some different stuff. There's somethig to be said for taking in the parks slowly. You'll notice stuff.

Redhawk

My husband and I have been to WDW together three times and my biggest regret is that the first two times I rushed him a lot. We had a wonderful time on all our trips but I think the third time was a lot better for him because I wasn't such a park commando trying so hard to get him on every ride. If we make a fourth trip this year, which I really hope we do, we can go more at his pace and see the small details that make Disney so special.

R W B

I'm going on my 8th trip next month since 2010 and we're still finding and trying new things. My favorite thing about wdw is their is so much more then just rides. Me personally, I'm done with MK. I'd like to spend more time in Epcot and the resorts I haven't been to yet. Also on my next trip in a few weeks we're trying 4 restaurants we haven't tried yet. If you have the money to go twice a year or more, go ahead. I'm fine with that.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its quite simple when you reach the stage where you feel that its no longer worth it, there is a big bad word out there. As has been said some people just love it with religious ferver and use similar unquantifiable values to explain their devotion and similarly treat those who dont share those views like heretics. On my last trip to WDW we had a great time, I enjoyed Uni more but a trip to Orlando for us always takes in both. After that trip I questioned what we were actually getting for our money and what new experiences we had. The result is that we will have not been for three years as neither major group of parks had added that much.
Folk say there's so much to do, and there is, we as a family have been fortunate enough to do it, from the backstage tours, firework cruises, special events when you are there for two weeks at a time its amazing what you can fit in. But when the main event is pretty unchanged its difficult, for me, to pretend its still as desirable a holiday destination.

We did what all good consumers did, we took our money elsewhere. We have had several great trips throughout California, got bevvied in Vegas, sampled the grapes in Napa and Southern California, through a up ended up getting a personal tour through Monument Valley, looked in awe at the Grand canyon, driven through some spectacular scenery from mountain to desert ( who knew sat nav errors could deliver such pleasure), enjoyed the culture of the Rijktsmuseum taking in the old masters, battled the winds on the ramparts of Embra castle,no fibre glass here, attended fan conventions of two of our favourite bands, and generally increased our experiences of the real world around us. And you know what, we enjoyed it more than Disney, because it was different and offered a range of activities instead of a primary focus on one.

But each to their own. Im just a tourist, nothing more.

fngoofy

My last visit to Walt Disney World was a year ago.
If I went today other that "Wrist Straps" I can not picture seeing anything new.

I get the impression read the boards some people go more than once a year and I wonder what or anything new do they get from the the trip?

It is not cheap to go to Walt Disney World and if I am to spend a few thousand on a vacation at least I should look for something different every time.

I may go back .... if I a not dead when Avatar gets built.

Last time I checked Maui, HI didn't have anything "new" for me either. Same sand, same water, same drinks with little umbrellas; but I'll probably go back and see it again.

ParkMan73

My grandmother has lived in the same small town all my life. I'm fortunate to be able to visit from time to time. That town has become like a second home to me. There are lots of memories, fun times, and favorite places to go and see.

For some of us, WDW is like that in a way. For me, it stopped being about the rides or attractions a long time ago. I realized that they were just a means to help me enjoy my time there - for me, they ceased being the major reason I visit.

With all the urgency in the rest of our lives, it's nice to be able to get back to a place like that. It helps me relax, destress, and just enjoy spending time with people I love.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I can't anymore. I used to be a cast member (2003-2004) and then an AP holder and would go at least 2x a year. But not anymore...so many "downgrades" and cuts are starting to wear on my vision of the magic.

That's why I went on a Disney Cruise in 2012 and only spent 1 day at the MK, in 2013 we went to DL, October 2014 we're going back to WDW, but in 2015 I'm going to Vegas for Cirque Week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom