How can people justify going often?

Pixie VaVoom

I live in FL too and when I have kids we will be doing the annual passes. Someone wrote a really nasty post on my friends Facebook page about how she spends way too much money at Disney. You bet ya I jumped right in and explained that if you go to Disney more than once a year the pass pays for itself. I really don't understand why people get down on others for things that are really none of their business. I wish I could go to WDW more often but it just doesn't work with my schedule.

The way i see it...do YOU (or your friend) earn the $$$ (Yes)...do you arrange your own vacation time (Yes). So as I see it you have every right to take your whole arranged vacation time and spend it lighting your whole bank account's worth of dollar bills on fire - if you REALLY want to. It is Nobody else's freakin' d**n business!! Who gives a rat's A** what some Facebook TROLL thinks. You are never gonna meet them in person anyways!! I don't understand these people today. For example "4 facebook girls didn't like my Prom dress - so I am gonna go out and kill myself" - get real. More likely I am gonna jerk the cord out of my fool computer and tell you all facebook trolls and bullies to go hang!!

If you and your friend want to spend your money going to Disney ANYTHING - by golly DO IT!! You don't owe these 'Facebook posers' any explanation. Go !! with My blessing !! and eat a "Mickey Ice cream bar" for Me !!!

Mukta

I went to WDW in Sept 2013, Dec 2013 and I am going again next week, so I guess I am the person you are referring to.

There are different things to see different times of year.
I eat at different restaurants each time.
I go with different friends.

I like going to WDW and I have fun there.

Bacalou

I have the standard annual pass and go at least once a week. I do live in Daytona Beach but drive a hybrid so it doesn't cost much to travel there. My favorite is to go after work on Friday when MK is open late and play a few rounds of Sorcerers and hitting the rides while walking between the portals.

thomas998

My last visit to Walt Disney World was a year ago.
If I went today other that "Wrist Straps" I can not picture seeing anything new.

I get the impression read the boards some people go more than once a year and I wonder what or anything new do they get from the the trip?

It is not cheap to go to Walt Disney World and if I am to spend a few thousand on a vacation at least I should look for something different every time.

I may go back .... if I a not dead when Avatar gets built.

I've numerous times, sometimes done 2 week long trips within a 6 month period. And I didn't expect to see anything unexpected or new.

I spent my years growing up with parents that thought a vacation had to be something new so would endure being dragged everywhere you could imagine at a break neck pace. The worst trip I recall was one that went from Texas to Florida to Rhode Island to Britsh Colombia to California and then back home... One huge circle by car never stopping more than half a day at any given place and usually stopping only for a couple of hours to see some other random touristy thing... And honestly most every trip was something like that... The one where I was taken to Disneyland I recall we arrived mid-afternoon stayed late and left for yet another tourist trap..

So I decided I wouldn't put my kids through that kind of crap as a parent. I take them back to the same place... Will keep doing it until they say Dad, can we do something else. But at Disney I know what I'm getting. If you want new experiences every time you take a vacation, then by all means go somewhere else... Some of us have pretty much been everywhere we might ever want to go and now we are quite happy to make a habit out of going where we have the most fun.

surfsupdon

My family and I go to runDisney.

It makes every vacation unique, b/c there is a race component. Typically 4 nights works for us...too much time and we can start to get bored.

We will also only go if there are discounts. And there always have been during runDisney events. And being a fitness fanatic, it's fun to have a race component attached to a WDW vacation.

Try it.

CP_alum08

I don't see how you can say you've done/seen everything at WDW. Have you been parasailing around the Contemporary, watched Wishes from the top of BLT, tried all the restaurants, participated in a RunDisney event, etc.? Plus there are the seasonal events. Or hidden mickeys. The list goes on.

Since1976

I've been to Walt Disney World almost every other year since I was 2 (I'm 37 now), yet this year I managed to do at least 4 things (including shops, interactive adventures, attractions, shows and restaurants) I'd never done before on *each* day of my trip. Heck, I only just did Tom Sawyer Island for the first time.

If one says they've done everything, I usually have to look at them suspiciously and wonder whether they've truly opened themselves to the smaller things at Disney, and not just the marquee attractions.

Of the attractions I have done before, I usually find some new detail I'd never noticed.

To me Walt Disney World is a lot like stepping back into a nice dream, except fully formed and tangible. There's no reason to have to justify going back to that.

Last edited:

WDWoptmist

I live in Tampa about an hour and a half from the parks and we try to go for a weekend every month or two and after each trip we can't wait to be back again. There is something new to do everytime, new places to stay, eat, explore, or activities we haven't done. We also just feel more relaxed at Disney World than anywhere else in the world when were there all our stresses of the real world back home melt away. I had a rough day at work the other day and allllll I wanted was to have a slush from France and walk around WS. They have pixie dusted us into feeling like were home when we go. Would I like more attractions at the parks obviously yes but for me there is more than enough to do each and every time

Chernabog75

I have gone at least once a year since 2009 (just booked for May 2-8 @ POR) and the experience has been different each year. My kids are now 9,8 & 6 so each year I have been able to do a little bit more (almost there with the youngest for Space Mountain). Hopefully this year I can start to take them through the World Showcase Pavilions.

I have found that the same people who question my trip to Disney each year have their own "annual" vacations as well. For some reason renting a house on Lake Michigan and staying at the beach for the week is an acceptable vacation each year. So why isn't Disney World? Those who don't understand just will never understand because it is not their personal preference.

Ben_since_1971

I have been going every year since 1997 and every December since 1998. We have been able to stretch vacation days and financially afford enough of a trip that we go for 12-13 nights. And in every trip, there is something we do that is 'new' - either brand new or new to us, or new edition to an older attraction. I go because I can leave my troubles by the front gate and for two weeks not have to worry about a thing and leave the outside world behind. That's all the justification I need.

But Disney World to me is more than just theme parks and shopping and dining and golf (although golf is ALWAYS important :D). It is an experience of being a kid again. It is reconnecting with my wife - so many of our happiest and most romantic moments have occurred there.

To me - Disney World is a state of mind. One that gets me through the days and months until my next trip, including cold, snowy, wet February weekends when I can't believe we are getting another *&^%$%*# snowstorm haven't we had enough of those thank goodness for my snowblower, um, oops, uh where was I? Oh yeah Disney = happy place

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay.........................

scoobygirl39541

We've been going every year since 2001 and just recently started going twice a year! Sometimes we just fly down for a weekend, stay at our favorite resort, go to the parks for a few hours and just enjoy the atmosphere. I don't think I could ever get tired of that "happy" feeling Disney gives me. It's freeing actually, its my escape.

Jonathan Woolf

Well if I may add to this post - My family and I are from good old England and first came out 19 years ago on the day my wife found out she was pregnant. Been three times since and returning this July as a present to my son for getting into Cambridge University and to my wife for bringing him up so stunningly. We can only afford to go as we had some money returned to us last year but this trip will be the trip of a lifetime as it is the Grand Floridian and we are coming to the World for 3 weeks. It is every penny we have being put into this trip and yet I don't regret one second of making the decision I have. As a family we are not judged there - we can relax and simply be ourselves - does anyone else understand this?

Graham9

I don't see the need to justify anything. People love the place and keep going back to it. It's not for everyone and some people hate it. Some people would never dream of going to WDW, regardless of never having been there.

The only justification would be to anyone willing to pay to go there. In that case, they justify it to themselves.

Matt_Black

Well if I may add to this post - My family and I are from good old England and first came out 19 years ago on the day my wife found out she was pregnant. Been three times since and returning this July as a present to my son for getting into Cambridge University and to my wife for bringing him up so stunningly. We can only afford to go as we had some money returned to us last year but this trip will be the trip of a lifetime as it is the Grand Floridian and we are coming to the World for 3 weeks. It is every penny we have being put into this trip and yet I don't regret one second of making the decision I have. As a family we are not judged there - we can relax and simply be ourselves - does anyone else understand this?

Absolutely understand. If you don't spoil yourself every now and then, who will?

3Caballeros

Next month, we will be going for our 4th time in a year. It is our home away from home. I have tears of happiness when get there & tears of sadness when we leave.
In comparison, we go to the beach for a long weekend every year. And I could easily make that another Disney trip, because I don't feel the same way about a beach vacation.
At Disney, it is the music, the happiness, the decor, the friendly CM's, the food, the characters, and the pixie dust that makes it so special.
And I don't see how anyone can say they have done it all after a week. Each time we go is a week long and there are new or different things to do each trip(seasonal things, explore other resorts, seek out transportation cards, shows we had not seen before, & of course new characters to meet).
Yes, we are anxious to hear if the mine ride will miraculously open for our trip and that the Frozen characters will still be there but if not that is OK. There is plenty to enjoy and there nothing like standing behind the castle when the fireworks are going off.

Redhawk

So many great stories from people who all love the Disney experience. My mom and dad took my sister and me the first year Walt Disney World opened and that was a wonderful memory. Over the years I've gone with: my favorite cousin as part of our family group, my mom and my sister after my dad passed away, an 87-year-old aunt, a previous boyfriend, my husband while we were still boyfriend and girlfriend and after we were married. Each visit was different and each made wonderful, special memories that I treasure.

Growing up, my family traveled to many places. Some we returned to each year. Every year I make a solo trip, usually to a city I've never visited before. As a couple my husband and I have traveled to many places. We both feel, however, that there's something about our three trips together to Walt Disney World that made us both so happy and so relaxed. The photos from those trips are some of our favorite together. It's hard to describe to people who just don't feel the same way.

WDW is a "world" unto itself. When you're there you can get away from all the things that stress you, relax and go at whatever pace you choose.

Disneydreamer23

This is How I see it I went to Disney as a baby and then not until I was 18, I am 25 and have been there 10 times in the last 7 years not because of the New things but that is always nice but the way Disney Makes me feel I feel like I can do what ever I want and I am a princess and It makes me feel the best when I am there spending time with my family. I would also say every time I feel some thing is new. Ex: I was there Aug 2012 then Feb 2013 I got to see the new Fantasy Land and I am going in Sept 2014 and I will see the mine Train!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom