How can people justify going often?

docdebbi

why do people go to six flags or hershey park or other local amusement parks more than once?

because it is fun while actually enjoying each experience, whether i've done space mountain before or not, even with nothing new, it is fun while i am on it.

and then add in that there is no way you could ever experience everything disney has to offer in few than say 20-25 trips. not when you include different dining experiences, new attractions, tours, behind the scene tours, festivals, parties, etc.

Britt

I try to go at least every 3 years. May will be my 10th trip..from memory. There's something about Disney that no other holiday can bring and there always something new to see/do/try. Plus we just don't get the same quality and dare I say..quantity..of food when dining out here in the UK. I miss buttermilk pancakes and tg lee chocolate milk days after I leave the USA ;)
And this is what it boils down to for me. There is just something about Disney that no other place has!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Personally, our trips are different every year.
We make a point to eat at different places, stay at different resorts is we can, experience new things.
I have stepped foot in AK many times and never done Kali, the bird show, the trails, and seen the conservation station.
I've never experienced Monster Inc Laugh Floor, Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer, Winnie the Pooh, Country Bear Jamboree, Dream Along with Mickey, or he Welcome Show.
I've missed so many of the various entertainment groups in World Showcase,eat at the various restaurants, experience F&G or F&W fest.
I have never seen the beauty & the beast show, fantasmic, voyage of the little mermaid, or american idol in Hollywood Studios.
I have none experience an tours or any of the extra activites such as the spa, driving at the speedway, or running in a marathon.
I have never seen Christmas at Disney either. Not to mention the other parks outside of Disney we have yet to hit!

That is why we go every year. No trips have ever been the same ;)

Last edited:

fosse76

My last visit to Walt Disney World was a year ago.
If I went today other that "Wrist Straps" I can not picture seeing anything new.

I get the impression read the boards some people go more than once a year and I wonder what or anything new do they get from the the trip?

It is not cheap to go to Walt Disney World and if I am to spend a few thousand on a vacation at least I should look for something different every time.

I may go back .... if I a not dead when Avatar gets built.
You don't have to experience something new in order to enjoy it again and again. As someone who travels solo and stays at the Value resorts (which are not priced at a value price point, I might add), it's relatively inexpensive for me to take a few trips a year (I'd say less than $1000 per trip). However, after years of the same thing with nothing new, it does get a little old and stale, but it is still enjoyable. Though I admit, I have only visited WDW twice in the past three years. I have been primarily visiting Disneyland, which is fresher and doesn't require on-site hotel stays to feel imersed in the magic.

sissa216

Not only is each trip a different experience for me- as it is so large, and I cannot possibly experience and see everything in one trip- but now that I have a son, each trip is completely new and amazing to him. At each different age, he experiences WDW in a new way. The attention to detail at Disney is unmatched anywhere else- so I always find something new to enjoy. Not to mention the food, the guest service, and the overall magic.

We love to go to baseball games several times a year too. We've been countless times before, so you might ask why we continue to go? The experience and outcome is always different, just like our vacations.

KCheatle

To a certain extent, I see your point, and it's actually how I "cope" with leaving Disney at the end of a trip. I have to tell myself that there's no point in staying any longer because we've done everything we wanted to do (most things twice), bought all the merchandise we're interested in, and eaten at all the places we want to eat.

I leave knowing that when I return in 12-18 months things will be different. And, for the past 5 years or so, things have been dramatically different! They've opened FLE, there's a new test track, there's new hotels, they've opened new restaurants, made new shows, etc. And this year when we go back the 7DMT will be open!!

Yes - it's expensive. But, for me, it's worth the effort of saving because my family really does have a fantastic time there.

I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I went any more frequently than every year because I do think I would get bored of it. But, at the same time, I don't think I could wait any more than 18 months to go back again because I just love the place so much!

HappyHobbit

I actually signed up to respond to this thread...I'm not much of a forum writer more of a lurker for information. However, I felt I should pipe in on this subject. My partner and I live approximatly 15 minutes down the 4 from Disney World. We have had Premium Annual passes for the last 3 years and, depending on the season, use them weekly. Sometimes more. We use our passes not just to ride the rides over and over but here are a few other reasons why we go to Disney so often...
1.Pin Trading- Sometimes when we don't feel like riding anything OR the lines are crazy we will just walk around the parks literally store hopping to find cast members to pin trade. we're huge pin traders so going for an hour or two in the evening to do so is very enjoyable to us.
2. Exercise- Walking from one end of MK to the other multiple times in one night is GREAT exercise. Also, walk around epcot world showcase a few times. That'll make ya feel good. ;)
3. Atmosphere- We're having a bad day? let's go ride Pirates. that will cheer us up. Usually does. (hint hint our fav ride tehe)
4. We've watched Fantasy Land break ground and come alive. It really is amazing seeing the progression first hand...we even sometimes see things before this site even announces it.
5. Hidden Mickey's- It's something we've enjoyed doing even before we lived here. There's ones we still haven't found yet.

I mean there are TONS more reasons why we have passes and go all the time. We avoid the obvious crazy days like holidays. I wouldn't trade our passes for anything. During the summer we go to the water parks to swim. it's AWESOME. I understand some people are way different and think we're probably crazy but this is our entertainment. We'll skip the movies and go have popcorn and walk MK. that's more fun to us than sitting in a theater. =)

jlsHouston

My last visit to Walt Disney World was a year ago.
If I went today other that "Wrist Straps" I can not picture seeing anything new.

I get the impression read the boards some people go more than once a year and I wonder what or anything new do they get from the the trip?

It is not cheap to go to Walt Disney World and if I am to spend a few thousand on a vacation at least I should look for something different every time.

I may go back .... if I a not dead when Avatar gets built.

Agree returning to a familiar vacation spot always nice to see and experience some new stuff. But call me weird I actually return for the familiarity. I'm really not looking for a bunch of new stuff. Some is good, to keep things fresh but give me clean, relaxing and fun and I am happy.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We'll be taking our 16th trip there in the last 6 years in just a few months. We don't "commando" the parks anymore. We spend more time just relaxing at our resort. Our last trip there, we did not go on an attraction for the first 5 days we were there! Just soaked up the atmosphere and did our favorite past-time - people watching from a comfy bench. We are on vacation, and we want to relax. Not have to take a vacation from our vacation.

Even as many times as we have gone recently, there is so much we haven't done yet. We try at least 2 new restaurants every trip. We are not hung up on "there is nothing new" simply because we haven't done everything that is currently there! For example, we have never been to Flights of Wonder in AK. We have talked about it, but haven't been there yet. Same with Kali River Rapids. We've never grabbed lunch to go at Earl of Sandwich, then rented a boat at DtD and sailed the Sassagoula while enjoying a leisurely lunch. We have played only 2 of the mini golf courses. Parasailing from the Contemporary is on the list. There are just so many other things to do that our list is still long and anyone who thinks they have done everything there is to do, has not researched all of what you can do there. Not even to mention the other attractions in the Orlando area, either!

G8rchamps

June 6 days - have such a good time we: August Fri-Sun and by AP's, 3 days for labor day, 4 days in OCT and hit MNSSHP, Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving since we were in town with family, and planned 4 days starting tomorrow, week of spring break Mar 17-21, work conference/week June, and prob a quick weekend once the mine train opens.

Really want to get the most of our passes and not planning to renew, but the park actually slows down the more you are there.

jlsHouston

June 6 days - have such a good time we: August Fri-Sun and by AP's, 3 days for labor day, 4 days in OCT and hit MNSSHP, Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving since we were in town with family, and planned 4 days starting tomorrow, week of spring break Mar 17-21, work conference/week June, and prob a quick weekend once the mine train opens.

Really want to get the most of our passes and not planning to renew, but the park actually slows down the more you are there.

OMG you are practically on your way to WDW!!

sweetpee_1993

People go back because they like it. We've grown bored so we moved on to the cruises and (this spring) Disneyland. Some people are more creatures of habit. I have relatives who park their camper in the same spot at the same lake and do the same activities every year. They've done the same thing for as long as I can remember. It's what makes them happy. If I did that I'd be miserable. To each their own. I hope everyone gets to do what makes them happy just as I hope I always find things to make me happy. No disrespect or anything to those down with a repetitive happy place. That's no more wrong than me venturing about the way I do. Ya know?

durangojim

Sometimes I have the disposable income and I want to take my wife, or my whole family, somewhere I know we'll always have a great time. Does the OP have a restaurant they enjoy and go more than once a year, or friends that he/she sees more than once a year. As Ferris Bueller said, ""If you have the means, I highly recommend [going to Disney more than once a year]."

How can people justify questioning other's decisions often?

45 times in 24 years of life. I have 3 trips planned before the end of this year. Disney meant something to me when I was a child. I grew up poor. Very poor. Like the shack I lived in would flood when it would rain. I don't have any pictures or videos from my childhood. Nothing is left. What I do have though, is memories of a time when we would go to disney on change we saved. Once we had two tennis ball canisters full of change we could go. Peanut butter sandwiches for every meal. It was a tremendous time though. We weren't poor when we were there. We were high class society. No one looked down on us. It was the escape of a lifetime. Now, I have a high paying job. A BS degree, an MS, and an MBA. Disney isn't like it was (I understand that and hope to change it someday if I can continue along a track that will hopefully let me influence such a major company. (I'm currently an officer in the USAF with aspirations to work for disney corporate) I want to make it back into what Walt dreamed because that's what it was for me. To really answer your question though. Well, I have to look at a motto I have for my life. "Money is material... Memories are forever" (I quoted myself) the memories I build everytime not only build on the nostalgia of the past but also build a new bank of memories. They mean everything to me. The sights, sounds, smells, tastes are never the same. There is always a new experience if you can allow yourself to grasp and understand the beauty that comes with a change in viewpoint. Slow down, understand true beauty is not just a simple superficial thing. That life itself holds something greater when you are there. That (in the brilliance of disney food blog) food is a theme park... And more so, that each smell, sound, and sight are also theme parks in their own accord. I don't let my trips stop me from going other places and I understand that not everyone has the upbringing or the opportunities I have. I have worked hard and earned each and every trip. People don't need to feel confined to disney for vacations. Disney understands that as well and offers adventures and excursions. What disney (Walt's true legacy) has taught me is that adventures don't require loads of money. They require imagination and a drive to learn beyond a simple understanding of the here and now. Most importantly, they require patience and love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom