How can people justify going often?

plaz10

I just don't get sick of it...of any of it.

Even when I'm there - I could ride Rock n Roller Coaster over and over and over again and I've never "had enough." It's this way with most attractions that I enjoy - they just don't get old. No matter how many times I've ridden Toy Story Mania or Pirates or Spaceship Earth...I could get back in line and do it again!

To each their own.

bethymouse

Disney is a vacation that is always 100% perfect IMHO. If anything goes wrong, which in our case it never has, they ( Disney CMs) take care of it. They go out of their way! After my son's 1st flight, he had a asthma attack, and when we checked in at Saratoga Springs, they helped us in so many ways. The rooms weren't ready, and the CMs got one ready for us right away! They let us do his treatment in the lobby, and asked if we needed anything. They brought us some bottled water, and couldn't have been any kinder. The entire trip we were treated like we were truly "at home". That's the feeling you get at Disney resorts- being "at home". We never want to leave!:) Been going each year since 2007. DH is getting a bit tired of it, but we try to stay and eat at different places as well as find new things to do, always!:D IMHO you just can't go wrong with a Disney vacation, especially with the new mine train coming! Woo-Woo!:joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

Disney is a vacation that is always 100% perfect IMHO. If anything goes wrong, which in our case it never has, they ( Disney CMs) take care of it. They go out of their way! After my son's 1st flight, he had a asthma attack, and when we checked in at Saratoga Springs, they helped us in so many ways. The rooms weren't ready, and the CMs got one ready for us right away! They let us do his treatment in the lobby, and asked if we needed anything. They brought us some bottled water, and couldn't have been any kinder. The entire trip we were treated like we were truly "at home". That's the feeling you get at Disney resorts- being "at home". We never want to leave!:) Been going each year since 2007. DH is getting a bit tired of it, but we try to stay and eat at different places as well as find new things to do, always!:D IMHO you just can't go wrong with a Disney vacation, especially with the new mine train coming! Woo-Woo!:joyfull:
I can relate to your son's situation (yes that has happened to me! On the way back from Hawaii. Had to neb in Denver's airport:(). It made me think of something else: Food Allergies! Disney is the best when it comes to eating with food allergies. They handle it better than any other company. I've never had an issue. Other places you say the word, "Food allergy" and the staff has no idea what they are doing; they just look scared. In 2012 I went to Hawaii, we stayed at the Hilton for six days and Aulani for eight days. Aside from the fact that I despise Honolulu and Waikiki and wanted to get over to Aulani to get AWAY from Honolulu, eating out made me nervous. We went to PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, and Hard Rock Cafe partially because that was where we knew they could handle the food allergies (chains are sometimes better). Over at Aulani, they were just as wonderful with food allergies as they are at WDW and DL. Was not nervous at all eating over there.

LostPrincessKarleigh

We, the DBF and I, will take our third trip in 2 1/2 years in May. Plus, we are planning on another long weekend closer to the end of the year. To justify it, I'll simply quote my favorite marvel "villain"...I DO WHAT I WANT! Hahaha!

Chef Mickey

If you have to ask, you don't get it.

I've been 30+ times in 30 years and as much as 3 times in one year (minimum 7 days per trip). I honestly never get sick of it and I'm always sad to leave and can't wait to return. There is something special about the feeling I get when I'm there, something I don't feel anywhere else. When it's in your blood, it's for life.

JillC LI

There are so many things I've never seen. Dining options I want to try. Resorts I want to stay in. For us it's the whole experience, not just the rides.

^^^^ This. It is nice to see new attractions as well, but it is also nice to relive old favorites.
That said, we only visit Disney about once every other year. We use the alternating years to go somewhere completely different. But I can see why others would want to return more often if they have the means or live close by.

Matt_Black

Indeed. I've never done anything at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Granted, I'm not really a sports guy (apparently, pro wrestling doesn't count).

draybook

Indeed. I've never done anything at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Granted, I'm not really a sports guy (apparently, pro wrestling doesn't count).

The only thing I've done there was watch my daughter's cheer squad perform. It was a nice place, but not really much for me to do there. I can watch sports at home, I spent thousands of bucks to hit the parks!

Me and the DH have been 14 times and planning #15! Yes we are those people who go every year! Friends and family sometimes don't understand why the same place every year? I say if you have to ask you don't understand the magic. Yes I have helped many other families through the years take their first trip and got to relive the magic through their eyes. This is my first post and I am so glad I found you! Finally others who love Disney the way we love it!

epcotisbest

Me and the DH have been 14 times and planning #15! Yes we are those people who go every year! Friends and family sometimes don't understand why the same place every year? I say if you have to ask you don't understand the magic. Yes I have helped many other families through the years take their first trip and got to relive the magic through their eyes. This is my first post and I am so glad I found you! Finally others who love Disney the way we love it!
Gave you your first like for your first post. So looking forward to RNR Hall of Fame induction ceremony this year. Judging from your screen name I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

draybook

Some days I go more than others. I really think it depends on the amount of coffee I drink. It sure beats making a mess in my pants!

I don't know, I've found that pooping my pants is a guaranteed way to get people to not crowd me in the queue. Plus, I'd rather smell that than Stitch's chili dog.

bugsbunny

Some people rent the same house or cabin every year at the same lake or beach. Every year. Over and over.

They then ask me how I could go to Disney every year? :D I have well over 30 trips at this point. It's embarrassing, really. Lol

At least I mix it up by staying at a different hotel or house or even by going to Disneyland instead.

In the end, if it puts a smile on you and your family's face, who cares where it's at.

Foolish Mortal

I'm fortunate and lucky enough that I can and want to go 3 times a year. 2013 I managed to go 5 times including a couple 4 day quickie trips. If I wasn't capped out on vacation time at work I'd add in a 4th yearly trip. I'm perfectly happy doing the same things over and over and over again. Doesn't bother me if I don't find something I've never done. Despite TDO's best efforts to make me not want to visit because of cuts and degraded service, I still plan and look forward to my mental therapy trips........at least for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom