Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

SingleRider

Premium Member
would you happen to know what time that was?

the last two times I got to MK at 9:30, trams were not running -- there was a pilgrimage from the villains lot to security -- this line would stop a bit where folks walked under the bridge, this seemed to be caused by the way folks coming from the charter busses mixed with the villains horde.

Anyway, this all looked similar to my experience (save it did not take anywhere near an hour) -- I assume the mentioned checking of liquids has slowed thigs time wise -- anyway, to me, security is(was) so much faster w/ the new machines that i think the one station by where the trams are should be enough.

Now, you were parked in heroes w/ trams running -- my guess is that you were part of the next group (after scar fills maybe they move the heroes and the tram services heroes)?
I was parked in Simba and I believe I got there around 9:45

Disone

Florida liquor licenses can be seen online. Multiple Disney venues are listed.

Here is Disney’s Boardwalk

And a separate license for EPCOT Center.
Thanks for that. Definitely contrary to what I've previously been told and still very interesting. It's strange though because when the state banned liquor sales from anyone that doesn't sell at least 50% of food Disney's bars at Disney springs continue to sell liquor.

I read on that site not mentioned this was because of the liquor license that overall Disney is still selling way more than 50% food. Perhaps they have liquor licenses that encompass large areas. One for Disney springs. One for the magic Kingdom. One for Epcot. Which would then make more sense right?

An individual bar may continue to sell drinks because Springs overall is going to continue to have more than 50% food sales.
That may then explain no liquor leaving or entering Epcot. But even that scenario doesn't explain why you May leave the boardwalk with a liquor in your hand and walk over to swan and dolphin which are not Disney owned and vice versa.

And who hasn't done a monorail crawl:) I brought my drink right on the monorail but it had to have a cap. But still a very interesting find and thank you for sharing it. It raises more questions than it answers but it is a great find.

Lilofan

Thanks for that. Definitely contrary to what I've previously been told and still very interesting. It's strange though because when the state banned liquor sales from anyone that doesn't sell at least 50% of food Disney's bars at Disney springs continue to sell liquor.

I read on that site not mentioned this was because of the liquor license that overall Disney is still selling way more than 50% food. Perhaps they have liquor licenses that encompass large areas. One for Disney springs. One for the magic Kingdom. One for Epcot. Which would then make more sense right?

An individual bar may continue to sell drinks because Springs overall is going to continue to have more than 50% food sales.
That may then explain no liquor leaving or entering Epcot. But even that scenario doesn't explain why you May leave the boardwalk with a liquor in your hand and walk over to swan and dolphin which are not Disney owned and vice versa.

And who hasn't done a monorail crawl:) I brought my drink right on the monorail but it had to have a cap. But still a very interesting find and thank you for sharing it. It raises more questions than it answers but it is a great find.
Monorail crawl sounds interesting but drinking around the world at Food and Wine is more lively and fun. Who would ever think a garbage can at World Showcase can be a high top table to hold our food and drinks. Sharing the garbage can with strangers is fun also with laughter and stories . Food and Wine brings people together.

Last edited:

solidyne

I’d expect someone to be like “I went yesterday and it was fine” or something
Yes, I'd like to get a report, as I'll be there next week.

If there is still this mess at TTC I'll probably shuffle over to the Poly, walk around disheveled, let the kids run around screaming, take up smoking, smoke a few out by the bungalows, make some more noise, use the lobby restrooms, get lei'd, stare at people in the gift shops, and then head on up to the monorail platform to keep a "rich" family from making their CRT reservation. Yeah, that's what I'll do!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

If there is still this mess at TTC I'll probably shuffle over to the Poly, walk around disheveled, let the kids run around screaming, take up smoking, smoke a few out by the bungalows, make some more noise, use the lobby restrooms, get lei'd, stare at people in the gift shops, and then head on up to the monorail platform to keep a "rich" family from making their CRT reservation. Yeah, that's what I'll do!
Fair enough. I'll do that next week as well! LOL. I'll meet you at Poly. I have a group of 7 so the rich folks will hate us.

TrainsOfDisney

Be sure to sneak a free coffee from Captain Cooks using a long expired resort mug from a value resort. Oh yeah and pocket some extra creamers while you’re at it!

Lilofan

Be sure to sneak a free coffee from Captain Cooks using a long expired resort mug from a value resort. Oh yeah and pocket some extra creamers while you’re at it!
Nothing new. I've seen some guys hang onto their old Wawa mugs and go to Wawa regularly to sneak out free coffee/soda. Foolish staff just think they are going back for a refill.

Last edited:

MrPromey

It’s exactly these kinds of failures that keep me away. No way I am going to wait on hold for hours to book a premium experience like the star cruiser… they should be catering to me… not me being a bootlicker begging for my chance.

They have fallen so far…
I don't understand why in this day and age, they don't have a callback process for all guest services when they're busy.

I think even the USPS offers that now - it isn't exactly cutting edge or premium customer service we're talking about when a government run service is doing it.

The Starcrusier is a particularly galling one where people are left on hold for hours like that trying to spend thousands, possibly closer to 10 than 1 in a single transaction where if their call drops for any reason, they go to the back of the line again.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't understand why in this day and age, they don't have a callback process for all guest services when they're busy.

I think even the USPS offers that now - it isn't exactly cutting edge or premium customer service we're talking about when a government run service is doing it.

The Starcrusier is a particularly galling one where people are left on hold like that trying to spend thousands, possibly closer to 10 than 1 in a single transaction where if their call drops for any reason, they go to the back of the line again.
Even some indication of where you are in the queue would be nice.

MrPromey

Even some indication of where you are in the queue would be nice.

And the staffing problems excuse holds no water on this one since we're just talking about pre-existing packaged and rather rudimentary technology solutions they'd simply have to pay to implement.

Frankly, it's stuff like this that causes me to assume Disney is at fault in every situation when they have lasting long-term issues like this that could be made immensely more bearable for guests if management cared at all.

lazyboy97o

And the staffing problems excuse holds no water on this one since we're just talking about pre-existing packaged and rather rudimentary technology solutions they'd simply have to pay to implement.

Frankly, it's stuff like this that causes me to assume Disney is at fault in every situation when they have lasting long-term issues like this that could be made immensely more bearable for guests if management cared at all.
Stupid entertainment for stupid people. That’s the lens and people reinforce it. They complain a little about waiting hours but they keep doing it and make excuses for it. Why bother with the effort and expense when your customers repeatedly make excuses for your poor delivery?

po1998

The Starcrusier is a particularly galling one where people are left on hold for hours like that trying to spend thousands, possibly closer to 10 than 1 in a single transaction where if their call drops for any reason, they go to the back of the line again.
No excuses. Whether it is call center(work from home) staffing, technology(no call back opportunity), or something else, the person in charge of the division should be fired. It is a HUGE embarrassment to the company, and the fact that this problem has gone on for so long, is just another reminder how little they care about the guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom