Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You missed the part where Disney world “ain’t that”

…I know…”too real” 🤪
Still, in today's world, people will pay $50 more just to get early seat assignments and some overhead baggage bin space. So there's always someone ready and able to "pay for the privilege."

Or as Bob C puts it, "put another feather in my retirement pillow."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still, in today's world, people will pay $50 more just to get early seat assignments and some overhead baggage bin space. So there's always someone ready and able to "pay for the privilege."

Oh I’m well aware of the “paradox conundrum vortex” we all swirl in around here

Last edited:

DisneyCane

There are people who, for some unknown reason, will pay extra for early boarding on a flight with assigned seats. They pay for the privilege of sitting in an uncomfortable seat for more time.

There is no reason to board early on any airline except southwest with the open seating. If they run out of bin space for your carry on, it will be checked for free.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are people who, for some unknown reason, will pay extra for early boarding on a flight with assigned seats. They pay for the privilege of sitting in an uncomfortable seat for more time.

There is no reason to board early on any airline except southwest with the open seating. If they run out of bin space for your carry on, it will be checked for free.
I always thought you should have to pay more to be the “last” people on…like the line is backwards…I want to be the guy that jumps 3 feet off the gangway as the door hits me in the and the pilot it turning the wheel

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm one of those people. I have no issue blowing hundreds on a concert ticket but I'll cry and complain about the price of a decent hotel 😂
Because you’re not at a concert or football game to be “served” in this sense…your paying for expensive entertainment.

A hotel charges a lot because they offer “service”…your price to get into MK and $30 to ride space mountain is where the concert analogy would apply…loosely

castlecake2.0

I always thought you should have to pay more to be the “last” people on…like the line is backwards…I want to be the guy that jumps 3 feet off the gangway as the door hits me in the *** and the pilot it turning the wheel
Always time for one more $23 airport cocktail before boarding. I don’t get why the entire waiting area rushes the gate when they announce boarding.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Always time for one more $23 airport cocktail before boarding. I don’t get why the entire waiting area rushes the gate when they announce boarding.
And none of us ever will…it’s one of life’s big mysteries.

The only somewhat valid concern is overhead space…but the airlines discourage that with the huge carry on fees now. They want it in baggage claim.

DisneyCane

I don't get why they board the plane backwards
So the first class passengers feel special (and on almost all domestic flights have the rest of the passengers walk past them on the way to the back).

There was a mythbusters episode that showed the fastest method of boarding was to board window followed by middle followed by aisle with each done back to front. Since it would require separating parties during boarding no airline would ever try it. They showed the southwest open seating method was 2nd fastest.

TrainsOfDisney

There was a mythbusters episode that showed the fastest method of boarding was to board window followed by middle followed by aisle with each done back to front.
While that may speed up the boarding process it doesn’t speed up the departure time.

I think boarding first class first is to allow them the option of boarding with a smaller group of fellow passengers. No waiting in the gangway, no rush to get your luggage in the bin, etc. It makes sense to me.

Lilofan

They board from the front to the back with a few exceptions, more time to serve first class drinks and snacks before takeoff.
Last time I flew, first class boarded first, then back of plane next. I would think if boarding by front of plane first and first class will impact the aisles with passengers putting items in overhead and passengers standing in aisles waiting to pass . Board the back of plane first like they did when I recently flew, stand up, put stuff in overhead without some having to wait to pass in aisle. Best flight in a while was when I flew a few months ago , first class full, and around 20 of us in coach that could select around 100 plus seats to choose from. I slept on three chairs and toward end of non stop , cabin staff ask if I was hungry. I said yes and he gave me around 20-30 cookie packets and several drinks to put in my travel bag. Thanks United!

Last edited:

natatomic

The fact we have to show water bottles now is absolutely pathetic. I mean seriously, how much dumber can Disney get? The people running the show really need to be knocked back into reality. I'm so tired of this fake security theatre.
I’m trying to figure out what this would actually accomplish. When I drove the friendship boats, alcohol was not allowed on the boats out of the resorts, because of the different liquor licenses. (it was allowed on the boats inside Epcot though, of course.)
That’s all fine and dandy of course, however, I asked someone what they were drinking, and they said apple juice, or tea, or a virgin drink of some sort, we had to believe them. We weren’t allowed to question it or smell their drinks or anything (thank goodness). So assuming those same restrictions are in place, what good would a visual inspection of bottles do?

Chip Chipperson

I’m trying to figure out what this would actually accomplish. When I drove the friendship boats, alcohol was not allowed on the boats out of the resorts, because of the different liquor licenses. (it was allowed on the boats inside Epcot though, of course.)
That’s all fine and dandy of course, however, I asked someone what they were drinking, and they said apple juice, or tea, or a virgin drink of some sort, we had to believe them. We weren’t allowed to question it or smell their drinks or anything (thank goodness). So assuming those same restrictions are in place, what good would a visual inspection of bottles do?

I guess they'll spot the ones people don't bother to transfer to another container. There's no point in opening a bunch of beers or hard seltzers and putting them in water bottles because they'll go flat. But if people are used to security not inspecting their containers and just feeling them through their bag then they'll find themselves disappointed now when security pulls them out.

OceanBlue

What kind of weird privileged flex is this? Disney transportation is for everybody... As someone who stays are values, please take away this person's access to the buses and restrict their access to Studios, AK, water parks and Springs. :rolleyes:
You think overflow crowds from TTC should use the GF monorail platform when they're not there to eat, shop or staying on premise? Just to shortcut around others? I highly doubt people staying at skyliner resorts want crowds walking or busing to their hotel to get in line for their resort specific transportation either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom