Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Prince-1

You think overflow crowds from TTC should use the GF monorail platform when they're not there to eat, shop or staying on premise? Just to shortcut around others? I highly doubt people staying at skyliner resorts want crowds walking or busing to their hotel to get in line for their resort specific transportation either.

You are making up situations just so you can try to argue your point. No one is walking to the Skyliner hotels and the amount of people that are walking to the Poly from the TTC is negligible. In fact, I am staying at the Poly next month and will try and count the number of people trying to walk over.

OceanBlue

I always chuckle when people actually believe the deluxe resorts are truly "deluxe"; they've never come close to meeting that standard and never will.
This conversation isn't about deluxe amenities, my post is about monorail access, which is an unique transportation option for the MK monorail loops resorts. The monorail resort platforms, lobby elevators, etc were designed to service the resorts and not overflow traffic from TTC looking to short cut the line at the entry point they originated from.

TrainsOfDisney

The amount of people that are going to figure out how to get over to Polynesian and then walk over to the monorail / boat dock is really pretty small. It’s not like the monorail station is right next door to the TTC.

I would be more concerned about being a guest at the Polynesian and not easily being able to access the TTC for direct service to Epcot in the morning - that’s what you should be complaining about!

castlecake2.0

I’m trying to figure out what this would actually accomplish. When I drove the friendship boats, alcohol was not allowed on the boats out of the resorts, because of the different liquor licenses. (it was allowed on the boats inside Epcot though, of course.)
That’s all fine and dandy of course, however, I asked someone what they were drinking, and they said apple juice, or tea, or a virgin drink of some sort, we had to believe them. We weren’t allowed to question it or smell their drinks or anything (thank goodness). So assuming those same restrictions are in place, what good would a visual inspection of bottles do?
There’s a “Disney Day Drinkers” Facebook group that has been quite proud about the amount of liquor being snuck into the park. It really picked up when security stopped doing bag checks on every single bag. “They don’t even check!”. I knew it was only a matter of time before it was shut down. I’m guessing it starts with a visual inspection and questioning and goes from there? Haven’t seen it in person yet. And I know everyone’s first thought will be “Disney doesn’t want to lose liquor sales” but in reality it’s a safety issue. Guests shouldn’t have access to their own unmonitored alcohol source inside the park where cast can’t slow down or cut off service if needed.

MickeyLuv'r

…then you got suckered.

Contemporary and poly opened at $29 a night and had no “class” to them originally…they are largely the same today.

Don’t be too proud congratulating yourself.
I don't think this was called for in this thread.

Disney advertises the deluxe hotels as having easier transportation to the parks. So it is perfectly normal and appropriate for someone to think they should have the amenities as advertised.

OceanBlue

You are making up situations just so you can try to argue your point. No one is walking to the Skyliner hotels and the amount of people that are walking to the Poly from the TTC is negligible. In fact, I am staying at the Poly next month and will try and count the number of people trying to walk over.
I didn't say it was a problem, but like other things at the Poly, (fireworks on the beach) little hacks that were for people in the know for decades are now being promoted on these sites and in blogs and reach a broader audience.

OceanBlue

The amount of people that are going to figure out how to get over to Polynesian and then walk over to the monorail / boat dock is really pretty small. It’s not like the monorail station is right next door to the TTC.

I would be more concerned about being a guest at the Polynesian and not easily being able to access the TTC for direct service to Epcot in the morning - that’s what you should be complaining about!
Or Poly beach during fireworks....I agree for decades these publicly accessible features of the MK resorts were hidden hacks for loyal fans, but now there are tons of blogs, and posts encouraging all these short cuts and hacks to get clicks. Not a fan of that.

*sorry I essentially posted that twice

TrainsOfDisney

Or Poly beach during fireworks....I agree for decades these publicly accessible features of the MK resorts were hidden hacks for loyal fans, but now there are tons of blogs, and posts encouraging all these short cuts and hacks to get clicks. Not a fan of that.
??? I’ve never seen a crowding problem at poly or grand for fireworks. usually there is only 1 or 2 other groups around me.

Obviously more people for July 4th and New Years but even then there’s still room.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Interesting occurrence this morning - I rode in on the Heroes tram and saw the line backed up near where the picture in the first post was taken. However the tram dropped us off in a separate area to the left and we didn’t have to go through that long line.

I started thinking some of those in that line had probably paid for preferred parking and not taken the tram. At least for this morning, it seemed that regular parking and riding the tram got you through security faster.

Lilofan

My good friend stayed at the Poly, specially the bungalows over the water. Their family loved it and 🐊🐊 were indeed in the water near the rooms. Daily rate at the Poly bungalows at this time may be higher than $2K per night. Enjoy your trip! I miss Aunty Kaui 'l who passed away a few years ago . She was a legend at the Poly since 1971 greeting guests and teaching guests how to make leis and talking about Hawaii history where she was from.

Last edited:

pdude81

I exclusively use the TTC when staying at Poly unless I'm already in the building. Keeping an eye on this situation as it's already been very frustrating through the pandemic having to walk all the way to the far side just to get in because they don't have enough staff. If it's also a long line I may as well just take the half hour walk to MK.

CntrlFlPete

Interesting occurrence this morning - I rode in on the Heroes tram and saw the line backed up near where the picture in the first post was taken. However the tram dropped us off in a separate area to the left and we didn’t have to go through that long line.

I started thinking some of those in that line had probably paid for preferred parking and not taken the tram. At least for this morning, it seemed that regular parking and riding the tram got you through security faster.

would you happen to know what time that was?

the last two times I got to MK at 9:30, trams were not running -- there was a pilgrimage from the villains lot to security -- this line would stop a bit where folks walked under the bridge, this seemed to be caused by the way folks coming from the charter busses mixed with the villains horde.

Anyway, this all looked similar to my experience (save it did not take anywhere near an hour) -- I assume the mentioned checking of liquids has slowed thigs time wise -- anyway, to me, security is(was) so much faster w/ the new machines that i think the one station by where the trams are should be enough.

Now, you were parked in heroes w/ trams running -- my guess is that you were part of the next group (after scar fills maybe they move the heroes and the tram services heroes)?

Disone

I’m trying to figure out what this would actually accomplish. When I drove the friendship boats, alcohol was not allowed on the boats out of the resorts, because of the different liquor licenses. (it was allowed on the boats inside Epcot though, of course.)
That’s all fine and dandy of course, however, I asked someone what they were drinking, and they said apple juice, or tea, or a virgin drink of some sort, we had to believe them. We weren’t allowed to question it or smell their drinks or anything (thank goodness). So assuming those same restrictions are in place, what good would a visual inspection of bottles do?
As @AJ92 said, It is security theater and an attempt to deter at least some.

One thing, it is strictly policy about not bringing drinks on the resort shuttle. I don't know how true it is, but a high ranking, food and beverage person one shared with me that Disney World has one liquor license for the entire property. They absolutely will not let you walk out of Epcot with a drink in your hand, but that said, it wouldn't be any different than walking from the boardwalk to the yacht club with a drink in your hand, or from one side of Disney springs to the other. It's just one liquor license. The liquor license does not acknowledge theme park barriers.

Comped

One thing, it is strictly policy about not bringing drinks on the resort shuttle. I don't know how true it is, but a high ranking, food and beverage person one shared with me that Disney World has one liquor license for the entire property. They absolutely will not let you walk out of Epcot with a drink in your hand, but that said, it wouldn't be any different than walking from the boardwalk to the yacht club with a drink in your hand, or from one side of Disney springs to the other. It's just one liquor license. The liquor license does not acknowledge theme park barriers.
This is 100% true. Heard it from someone who wasn't in food and beverage but would absolutely know. I believe it's the largest property in the US to have a single liquor license.

tpoly88

There are people who, for some unknown reason, will pay extra for early boarding on a flight with assigned seats. They pay for the privilege of sitting in an uncomfortable seat for more time.

There is no reason to board early on any airline except southwest with the open seating. If they run out of bin space for your carry on, it will be checked for free.

You have to board early now because when the airplanes started charging for checking bags, everyone started to bring bags onto the plane and you'd have no space if you did not get on early. United is famous for this as everyone is group 1 and even sitting in first class you could have 50 people in front of you. Those attendants dont save the overheads for first class passengers like they do on Delta and American. Southwest i do it for my wife and i because i dont want to sit next to someone, so we get the lovebird seats (2 in the exit row by themselves). Southwest no one really brings carry-ons as there is no baggage fee. we do it to save time, having my bag checked costs me another 30-45 minutes on average at newark and at tampa can be longer if there is a thunderstorm and they close the ramp (happens often).

Screening appears to be normal
So what is causing the back up at the TTC? getting through security or waiting to get onto the monorail? last time i went through there it took 10 minutes to get through security as my wifes sunglass case caused her bag to be checked and then the line for the monorail was very long, we just walked to the ferry. did something change?

natatomic

I always wondered how that liquor license thing worked, and I’m inclined to believe your source. I always thought it was ridiculous we couldn’t let people on the friendship boats with alcohol going from y&b to boardwalk, regardless of the “different liquor license” supposedly being the reason. I mean, if they’re allowed to WALK from one place to another with an open container (not to mention entering and leaving the buildings themselves), then the liquor license reasoning always smelled vaguely of BS to me. I always thought it was a stupid rule, and I generally looked the other way when someone boarded with a colorful beverage (especially since when questioned, most people lied anyway…”oh this is just apple juice,”) and I was tired of turning away the honest people who admitted it was alcohol. But if they were carrying an actual beer bottle I stopped them, because I can only play SO dumb, you know?
(No longer a CM, so I don’t care about admitting my lax attitude about it now 🙃)

lazyboy97o

This is 100% true. Heard it from someone who wasn't in food and beverage but would absolutely know. I believe it's the largest property in the US to have a single liquor license.

I always wondered how that liquor license thing worked, and I’m inclined to believe your source. I always thought it was ridiculous we couldn’t let people on the friendship boats with alcohol going from y&b to boardwalk, regardless of the “different liquor license” supposedly being the reason. I mean, if they’re allowed to WALK from one place to another with an open container (not to mention entering and leaving the buildings themselves), then the liquor license reasoning always smelled vaguely of BS to me. I always thought it was a stupid rule, and I generally looked the other way when someone boarded with a colorful beverage (especially since when questioned, most people lied anyway…”oh this is just apple juice,”) and I was tired of turning away the honest people who admitted it was alcohol. But if they were carrying an actual beer bottle I stopped them, because I can only play SO dumb, you know?
(No longer a CM, so I don’t care about admitting my lax attitude about it now 🙃)
Florida liquor licenses can be seen online. Multiple Disney venues are listed.

Here is Disney’s Boardwalk

And a separate license for EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom