HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

S.E.A.

Starman1128 said:
Not to be argumentative but there is a difference between the Land redo (which was excellent btw) and whats been going on in Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is supposed to be futuristic with a comic booky sci-fi theme it is not meant to be a place for Disney to dump/force in a attraction based on recent cartoon characters. They should have learned there lesson after Stitch.

I agree Timekeeper needed to go but to replace it with yet another pixar cartoon tie-in isnt a good idea especially when there are so many better ideas out thre that fit the theme of Tomorrowland.

and look what happened when they put Buzz in.

the only problem with all those other ideas is that unless they are as big and monumental as Everest or part of a major celebration like Soarin' and LMA were, they are very very hard to market. With Pixar, the characters are still in the public consciousness and are therefore very easy to promote. Don't hate the imagineers because of their ubiquitous use of Pixar characters, blame the Walt Disney Company for not making any more high quality characters that can sit side by side with Pixar.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Starman1128 said:
Not to be argumentative but there is a difference between the Land redo (which was excellent btw) and whats been going on in Tomorrowland.

Really? I hear "oh no, it's gonna be monsters, it will be horrible, it will ruin the theme."

Isn't that just like "oh no, it's gonna be an airport, it will be horrible, it will ruin the theme" that we heard about the Land?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Starman1128 said:
I agree Timekeeper needed to go but to replace it with yet another pixar cartoon tie-in isnt a good idea especially when there are so many better ideas out thre that fit the theme of Tomorrowland.

I agree Food Rocks needed to go but to replace it with a stale boring travel agency/airport isn't a good idea especially when there are so many better ideas out thre that fit the theme of The Land.

chrono2300

i dont know what the big deal is..

with everyone always talking about how the incorporation of disney/pixar characters ruining what the idea behind tomorrowland is.

can anyone explain what tomorrowland is supposed to be like?

whats the story behind it all?

wannab@dis

mousermerf said:
Really? I hear "oh no, it's gonna be monsters, it will be horrible, it will ruin the theme."

Isn't that just like "oh no, it's gonna be an airport, it will be horrible, it will ruin the theme" that we heard about the Land?
Yeah, it's exactly the same thing.

The attraction hasn't been anounced, but yet some of the 'fanboys' can't jump in and trash it quick enough. It's a shame that Disney can't try to push the parks forward without these vocal minority naysayers.

Of course, most of these fanboys don't have any business knowledge or experience.

It's also interesting that some people place such significance on Lasseter taking over and making sweeping changes. I don't think we'll see a MAJOR change in the near future and I'm not sure the long term affects of the leadership change will be as big an impact as some think.

imagineer boy

The Air port idea was a little out there when it was first heard, but Monster's Inc. Gosh, that's WAY out there. I just don't see how it could work. Besides, Monster's Inc technically takes place in the present. I thought this was tomorrow land.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You know what I found working a research project?

Joe Rhode drew the painters elevations for the original Land pavilion. Swirly blue clouds, mosaic, everything...

Same Joe Rhode who is the head of Everest's design. He would not his pavilion goto crap - and he didn't.

I'm sure some folks who worked on Tomorrowland's current theme are still working there too. If it turns out to be crap, fine, then you can complain, but give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

Connor002

imagineer boy said:
The Air port idea was a little out there when it was first heard, but Monster's Inc. Gosh, that's WAY out there.

I see both on the same level, not one more than the other.

Imagineer Boy said:
I just don't see how it could work.

Which is why it's up to WDI to do it, and not you.

Imagineer Boy said:
Besides, Monster's Inc technically takes place in the present. I thought this was tomorrow land.

Space Travel: Possible in the present.
TTA: Possible in the present.
CoP: I see more show scenes taking place in the past than the present...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
imagineer boy said:
The Air port idea was a little out there when it was first heard, but Monster's Inc. Gosh, that's WAY out there. I just don't see how it could work. Besides, Monster's Inc technically takes place in the present. I thought this was tomorrow land.

No offense - but this why YOU ARE NOT being paid by WDI to be one of the most inventive, creative, artistic people in the world.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
No offense... but I haven't seen many times where you actually LIKED an idea or thought a rumored change was good. Thankfully, the majority of guests don't have the same viewpoint as you do. (I'm not exactly sure what that viewpoint is, but it's always negative.)

Skippy

Everyone complaining about a show, especially regarding the repeating value of seeing it: Steve already said...
I can't confirm anything at this stage, but if this is one of the proposed attractions that I know are in the mix for this area, it certainly isnt your regular stage show, and it's using some new technology that Disney have been testing elsewhere.
Plus some other speculation about using the technology used in turtle talk. Put these two together, and perhaps it's possible that this show will be different every time you see it! All i'm saying is, don't judge before you have more information.

mousermerf said:
Joe Rhode drew the painters elevations for the original Land pavilion. Swirly blue clouds, mosaic, everything...
that is interesting, did not know that.

dxwwf3

Guys, I know a lot of you love to complain about anyone who isn't 100% behind a new attraction, but don't overlook those that are optimistic about the newly announced changes, such as myself. And I don't think you have to agree with everything announced to be optimistic about something new.

:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
SkipKid said:
that is interesting, did not know that.

Here's the picture of the picture from the Architecture of Reassurance book:

land18iv.jpg

Teenchy

Connor002 said:

You stole part of my thought right out of my head...how futuristic of you!.

One of the problems of the whole idea of a Tomorrowland is that technology is changing so fast now that unless its just an "Outer Space" ride it will always get stale and outdated. Thats why so many love the themeing of Tomorrowland in Paris because of its Jules Verne "The future that never was" look to it.

For those of you old enough that remember "If you had wings" (singing the tune in my head :rolleyes: ) and currently the Indy Speedway. What do they really have to do with Tomorrowland?

Although I can see that Monsters Inc. may not feel like a great fit for that area I will save judgement on the attraction itself until I see it. I think they can use some of the new technology out there to make it a good attraction.

Starman1128

Connor002 said:
I see both on the same level, not one more than the other.

I disagree

Connor002 said:
Which is why it's up to WDI to do it, and not you.

This the same WDI that made Stitch's Great Escape? Most of the good imagineers got layed off in the past few years.

Connor002 said:

Space Travel shown in Tomorrowland is NOT possible today. We cannot even go past the moon yet much less traveling to other planets.

TTA: Sure its possible now but it has not been implemented yet

COP: This show is just showing how we make progress as we move through time and to be optimisitc about what the future holdss.

I don't know why you folks keep calling people like me and Imagineer boy "minor fanboys" or whatever. I could turn around and call you an appologist for poor management at Disney and I bet you wouldn't like that too much would you?

Lennyg512

Teenchy said:
You stole part of my thought right out of my head...how futuristic of you!.

One of the problems of the whole idea of a Tomorrowland is that technology is changing so fast now that unless its just an "Outer Space" ride it will always get stale and outdated. Thats why so many love the themeing of Tomorrowland in Paris because of its Jules Verne "The future that never was" look to it.

Actually, Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom is also supposed to be "the tomorrow that never was"

jesserin

Starman1128 said:
This the same WDI that made Stitch's Great Escape? Most of the good imagineers got layed off in the past few years.

Space Travel shown in Tomorrowland is NOT possible today. We cannot even go past the moon yet much less traveling to other planets.

TTA: Sure its possible now but it has not been implemented yet

COP: This show is just showing how we make progress as we move through time and to be optimisitc about what the future holdss.

I don't know why you folks keep calling people like me and Imagineer boy "minor fanboys" or whatever. I could turn around and call you an appologist for poor management at Disney and I bet you wouldn't like that too much would you?

I'm not sure why you're getting offended by someone calling you a fan... isn't that true? and calling us appologists for poor management would only be an ignorant opinion... so i don't think too many people would care actually...

If you enjoy Disney at all - then let WDI do it's job. It's not for you to pick apart and complain about - the whole point of this thread was to update us, not listen to people complain about Stitch... good grief... that's getting old!

:wave:

On the upside - not wanting to make enemies here... I hope you are a fan, and though I respect your opinions - they are just that... an opinion... Disney (in my opinion and in millions of others as well) has a fantastic WDI department... and will continue wowing us for years to come. Call me simple minded - but seeing as how I keep going back year after year - (as do the masses) I'd say I'm much more on target than a few complainers... LOL! :)

wannab@dis

Starman1128 said:
I'm not sure who you're directing your comments at, but if you want to call me an appologist, that's fine. It doesn't bother me. In fact, the claim has little merit. I'll be the first to speak up about what I see as mistakes. But I haven't seen a plethora of mistakes that you seem to be claiming.

In addition, the "poor management" claim is up for debate. A lot of good was done by the previous management and WDI has created a LOT of good attractions recently. I would agree that there appear to be mis-steps, but that's a long way from poor management.

Lastly, your posting style seems very similar to a recently banned member. :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom