• No

Votes: 60 73.2%
  • I do not care.

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I was in Universal Studios Orlando in April 2009, when I was on line for Shrek 4D. In the queue, I saw posters that parodied the old Disneyland posters. The most offensive one had to be "Great Moments with Lord Farquad." This parodies Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I found this to be offensive because Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was one of Walt's last dreams. Does anyone else find this offensive? :mad::cry::fork::(

Skip

So what if it's one of Walt's "dreams"? It wasn't even his last... doesn't that honor go to the Spaceport or Haunted Mansion, or Pirates?

You noted it's a parody, aka, a joke. Nothing to get offended over.

cmwade77

It was a joke and a funny one at that. I think Walt would have gotten a kick out of it based on what I have read. Lighten up.

Grizzly Hall 71

I thought the "Dunkbo" (dumbo parody with donkey) was hillarious. I think they are paying tribute to Disney here not offending it. Also I like the Duloc sign that said "30 gift shops and 1 ride" hahaha reminds of a place.

Twilight_Roxas

Who cares about you being offended they want to make parody jokes of the competition and theirselves. Look at The Simpsons Ride for example not only does it make fun of Disneyland and Sea World it also makes of Universal Studios itself since the ride is a parody of all 3 theme parks.

Ziffell

It was a joke and a funny one at that. I think Walt would have gotten a kick out of it based on what I have read. Lighten up.

I totally agree! I think Walt actually would have been flattered. It's astonishing the things some people get "offended" about.

sknydave

I found it extremely offensive and I marched right out of the park when I saw a poster parodying Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!

WDWmazprty

Nah, not offended. Universal tries so hard to be like Disney in so many ways, eventhough they wont admit it, so its more flattering than anything. Too bad they'll never beat Disney. :king:

T-1MILLION

It is a parody. As said you got the joke and it is to show how Duloc is a theme park run by Lord Farquad who is a self centered dictatorship.

Mockery is the sincerist form of flattery. They are having and making fun of the character, not Disney itself.

MKCP 1985

If I were going to be offended by anything, it would be the name of the character which is a thinly disguised corruption of a pretty horrible curse word, easily mispronounced by children.

But then I just remember the Shrek franchise comes from Dreamworks, home of fart joke humor and see that it is what it is. :shrug:

but no, the parody doesn't bother me.

wvugeoggrad

Another "spoof" or whatever you call it is in the queue for Twister. In the ceiling there is a car that was tossed from a tornado. On the bottom of one of the tires is a smooshed/tore up Mickey Ear hat...lol. :ROFLOL: I love Disney but I thought this was kinda funny.

JT3000

Nah, not offended. Universal tries so hard to be like Disney in so many ways, eventhough they wont admit it, so its more flattering than anything. Too bad they'll never beat Disney. :king:

How are they trying to be like Disney? They have a wicked sense of humor, Disney doesn't. Apparently neither do some of its fanboys.

bobjl527

Another "spoof" or whatever you call it is in the queue for Twister. In the ceiling there is a car that was tossed from a tornado. On the bottom of one of the tires is a smooshed/tore up Mickey Ear hat...lol. :ROFLOL: I love Disney but I thought this was kinda funny.

I recall reading or hearing somewhere that when JAWS first opened, a pair of Mickey ears were in the sharks mouth. They removed it because some thought it was too graphic. :hurl:

I thought it was funny. :lol:

dandaman

^ It wasn't in the shark's mouth, but it was floating right besides Amity Six's remains around the first turn. I'm also pretty sure it was monogrammed "Michael" which I like to think was a calculated stab at Eisner. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom