Hoop Dee Doo?

Animaniac93-98

For the life of me I don't know why WDW doesn't have more dinner theater shows. It seems like a no brainer and a cash cow to boot. They're leaving money on the table but not having more dinner shows

They had 3 a couple years ago, but are now down to 1 because they decided DVC rooms were more valuable (and then didn't build Reflections...).

There's plenty of room for more of them at Disney Springs.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Thank god. It is now time to book my next camping trip to FWCG. Hopefully, the show stays as it was before the pandemic, and the woke trend hasn't impacted it.

If you’re expecting the exact same show as before the closure, I would go ahead and not buy tickets because you’ll be setting yourself up for disappointment.

As I’ve said in this thread before, Disney has tinkered with the show and removed references that may no longer be acceptable a number of times, just without a formal announcement. Guns were removed after Pulse, the Indian Scout became the “Wilderness Scout,” etc. If you’re curious about other changes to the show over the years let me know and I’ll detail them for you.

However to suggest that the show hasn’t changed until 6/23/22 is quite incorrect.

Zummi Gummi

Right now I have 6/30, which I’ll cancel if I can get 6/23. Seems to be sporadic availability, but shows that were at one point showing up as sold out are now coming up as available and vice-versa, so my advice to everyone is to keep trying.

floydbeatle

Right now I have 6/30, which I’ll cancel if I can get 6/23. Seems to be sporadic availability, but shows that were at one point showing up as sold out are now coming up as available and vice-versa, so my advice to everyone is to keep trying.
Agreed. I was up at exactly 6am per your advice and I kept getting error messages and decided to just click non-stop for 15 minutes and eventually a 6:15pm showing popped up. I took it and then when it went to the confirmation page it redirected me to the wdw main page. I was not happy. I tried for another 15 minutes and eventually it worked out for 6/23 at 6:15pm. I have never seen the show so I hope Cat 2 is ok seating.

RememberWhen

Agreed. I was up at exactly 6am per your advice and I kept getting error messages and decided to just click non-stop for 15 minutes and eventually a 6:15pm showing popped up. I took it and then when it went to the confirmation page it redirected me to the wdw main page. I was not happy. I tried for another 15 minutes and eventually it worked out for 6/23 at 6:15pm. I have never seen the show so I hope Cat 2 is ok seating.
The space isn’t that big, so all the seats are really fine. We’ve often done category 3 and been very happy there.

floydbeatle

They are apparently dark on Monday and Tuesday now, which is…something.
I saw that as well. I was initially trying for 6/28 which is my daughter's bday and noticed as I was scrambling for any and all dates that Mon and Tuesdays looked to be like their days off. Was that true in the past?

Zummi Gummi

I saw that as well. I was initially trying for 6/28 which is my daughter's bday and noticed as I was scrambling for any and all dates that Mon and Tuesdays looked to be like their days off. Was that true in the past?
No, they previously performed 7 days a week which is why this move is something but not surprising given the current state of affairs.

montyz81

If you’re expecting the exact same show as before the closure, I would go ahead and not buy tickets because you’ll be setting yourself up for disappointment.

As I’ve said in this thread before, Disney has tinkered with the show and removed references that may no longer be acceptable a number of times, just without a formal announcement. Guns were removed after Pulse, the Indian Scout became the “Wilderness Scout,” etc. If you’re curious about other changes to the show over the years let me know and I’ll detail them for you.

However to suggest that the show hasn’t changed until 6/23/22 is quite incorrect.
I do not think I suggested anything. I simply was stating that I hoped it had not changed. Do I think it has changed? Of course, I do. My expectations are along the same lines as everyone else. Like everything else at Disney lately, this show will be the most watered-down version of the show that once was great. That being said, I am hopeful that it will generate the same number of laughs from the audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom