Hoop Dee Doo?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One of the new backdrops, in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet.
A895EC91-5286-4ABB-8039-E72D2D42FC81.png

prberk

So, so glad to see this return!!! It is truly immersive and fun and wonderfully themed. It is one of the few shows today that really allows people to have a taste of vaudeville and old medicine shows. (Think the traveling medicine man - the Wizard - from The Wizard of Oz, or better yet, the Royal Nonesuch in Huckleberry Finn - which really fits with Fort Wilderness, itself a reference to Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.).

I love this show!

Zummi Gummi

I am curious to find out what they change, and if it’s DEI stuff or just generic updating for the sake of tinkering.

Davy Crockett segment?
There’s a few lines here and there that are questionable and are probably going to be revised.

Over the last few years before the shut down they already tinkered with some parts of the script. After Pulse they eliminated the gun and had Dolly/Annie Oakley make a fist instead, after the alligator “incident” they changed the rhyme for people from Louisiana (it used to end with “there they sit gator bait”) in the 50 states number, the “Indian scout” audience volunteer lost the feather headband and became the “wilderness scout,” etc. For a time they tinkered with not having Jim and Flora sing Shenandoah/ This Land is Your Land from the audience and instead kept them onstage, but then they returned to the floor for that number. Most of these changes would go unnoticed by 99% of the audience, unless you’d seen the show many times. The point is, they’ve always shown a willingness to tinker with the show.

My hunch is that these revisions will be more significant than the ones I described above, but less significant than the major overhaul the show got in 2012, when entire numbers were changed and poor Flora saw her part cut down to 7 spoken lines (and still plenty of singing).

Stay tuned, I guess.

jrhwdw

There’s a few lines here and there that are questionable and are probably going to be revised.

Over the last few years before the shut down they already tinkered with some parts of the script. After Pulse they eliminated the gun and had Dolly/Annie Oakley make a fist instead, after the alligator “incident” they changed the rhyme for people from Louisiana (it used to end with “there they sit gator bait”) in the 50 states number, the “Indian scout” audience volunteer lost the feather headband and became the “wilderness scout,” etc. For a time they tinkered with not having Jim and Flora sing Shenandoah/ This Land is Your Land from the audience and instead kept them onstage, but then they returned to the floor for that number. Most of these changes would go unnoticed by 99% of the audience, unless you’d seen the show many times. The point is, they’ve always shown a willingness to tinker with the show.

My hunch is that these revisions will be more significant than the ones I described above, but less significant than the major overhaul the show got in 2012, when entire numbers were changed and poor Flora saw her part cut down to 7 spoken lines (and still plenty of singing).

Stay tuned, I guess.
Louis got into MRFF IDK how many weeks after the incident.....Wonder why the Hoop Gator segment didn't come back? Pluse was a different story Probably.

Zummi Gummi

Louis got into MRFF IDK how many weeks after the incident.....Wonder why the Hoop Gator segment didn't come back? Pluse was a different story Probably.
Probably wasn’t worth the effort. It’s a VERY small moment in the show, and if one of the chosen tables wasn’t from Louisiana it wouldn’t even be used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom