Hoop Dee Doo?

Kamikaze

A couple of slight menu changes were announced today.

Looks like in addition to the salad and corn bread the first course now includes cole slaw.

The main course seems to now include mac and cheese for all (previously you had to ask for it), but appears to have eliminated the corn.

There’s a specialty drink (an Arnold Palmer with vodka) on the up charge alcohol menu, as well as a bunch of craft beers.

Do people eat cole slaw just on its own?

Indy_UK

Can someone explain category 2 a bit more to me? Are the views that bad? It's all I could get for my up coming trip and even though I was there bang on 6am im gutted I couldn't get category 1

Kamikaze

How do you mean? If you mean as a stand alone dish just for a snack, I would consider that weird. But we eat it here (PA) as a side dish like pasta, potato, or macaroni salad.
Correct, I've never seen anyone just eat it stand alone, and neither of the other two options in that course really go along with it to eat together.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Can someone explain category 2 a bit more to me? Are the views that bad? It's all I could get for my up coming trip and even though I was there bang on 6am im gutted I couldn't get category 1

Not at all, some would even consider them the best seats in the house. It includes the seats in the balcony with a direct view of the stage, or the elevated seats near the rear of the first floor. In that regard, upstairs seating is preferred. It also used to include seating on the extreme sides closer to the stage, but the updated seating chart does not seem to reflect that.

trainplane3

Not at all, some would even consider them the best seats in the house. It includes the seats in the balcony with a direct view of the stage, or the elevated seats near the rear of the first floor. In that regard, upstairs seating is preferred. It also used to include seating on the extreme sides closer to the stage, but the updated seating chart does not seem to reflect that.

I believe I had category 2 seating the last time I saw the show. We had the last section of seats before the elevated ones and were the closest category could get to the stage. No complaints from me. You'll probably enjoy it! Personally, I'd never do category 3 unless it was the absolute last option available.
tdIMuW6.jpg

Of course, nothing can beat being next to the stage. The character interaction is great.
pRuXvvS.jpg

Kx9OxdF.jpg

TheMaxRebo

Right - but do you eat JUST cole slaw. No main dish with it. Because neither of the other two options during that course go with cole slaw at all.

I would if serv d like this as part of a meal, just have some to start - similar to having a salad

I do think it probably would make sense to serve it with the main food vs as an appetizer... But you could always save it or ask for more when mains come out

nickys

Premium Member
Right - but do you eat JUST cole slaw. No main dish with it. Because neither of the other two options during that course go with cole slaw at all.
I eat it with salad. I’m not a huge fan of corn bread, so happy to have something else with the salad.

RSoxNo1

Unless I’m crazy or my app is glitchy, the ability to make a direct reservation via the app has been removed. You can still go to the website and search for the show and reserve that way, but the app seems to have had that feature removed (previously there was an icon next to “Get Directions” that said “Make a Reservation.”)

View attachment 645804
I looked 60 days out and so no availability. Was that a glitch?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Has it always been that popular, or is this a reaction to long unavailability?
The show was always popular, but you could usually find a ticket a couple of weeks before the show.

This is likely due to two factors. One is, as you mentioned, 2.5 years of pent-up demand. The second is the fact that Disney inexplicably has them dark on Mondays and Tuesdays when they return (the show used to perform 7 nights a week).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom