Hoop-de-doo or don't

v&adad

My wife and I are considering the Hoop-de-doo revue during our next trip to WDW. We have never been to the HDDR before and were wondering how our 2 and 4 year olds would enjoy it. Our 4yo enjoyed the Spirit of Aloha Luau that we did our last trip, but loves Lilo and Stitch. So I don't think she got the whole "backstory" from the Luau. But we all enjoyed the show and the food and wanted to try something new. Anyone take kids to the Revue?

Laura

Premium Member
We went in July when our kids were barely 1 and nearly 3. They really loved it! It was nice because they are usually so antsy through dinner but they were nice and calm during this and we actually got to enjoy our meal. I'd definitely recommend it! Make your reservation early so you can get a good seat. We were right up by the stage so we had a great view.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

HDDR is the best dinner show on property. We took our 4 year old dd and our 1 year old dd last year. They loved the show, the music, the dancing, everything about it. I recommend it, they will have a great time. And you can't beat the food. :sohappy: :D :D

Upvote 0

Katherine

It is an amazing dinner show. I loved it and when I went I was in the seventh grade. It's so much fun and the energy is unbeatable. I know they'll have a blast and it's so loud most of the time that they can be fussy and get away with it.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I think your family will enjoy it. I was disappointed last time I went; but I had been several times before and had something to compare it to. The entertainment is still nice, only the menu has been changed, which disappointed me (now I have to break out my cookbook to make those amazing ribs)

Upvote 0

shelty66

I've seen it numerous times over 30 Yrs. Your kids will love it. A few Very Big tips. Try eating at Trails End first, for Bkfst then take 1st boat to MK. The bathroom are outside of HHD by Guest Services. Don't know where your staying but the Wilderness Homes are are great for kids and creating the most relaxing vacation you could have.

Upvote 0

egionet

I adore the Hoop Dee Doo. I've been many times, and the show has never changed. It's so much fun, and I think the food is great, as does my entire family. It's great for the kids. We went when it was my brother's second birthday, and for the rest of the vacation he kept saying "Hoopie Doo, Hoopie Doo, sing Happy Birthday to me, bring cake!" And although they don't bring cake anymore, it's still a ton of fun! I would definitely say go for it! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Absolutely!!! We don't ever miss Hoop-de-doo!! We have been going since our kids were 5 and they have loved it at every age ( they are now 14 and 10)!! I might add that the atmosphere of Fort Wilderness is great for kids as well.

Upvote 0

bgula

Sorry to be the dissenting voice here, but even though I thought the show was well done, IMO it wasn't worth the money you have to spend. The food wasn't that great. We took our 3 yo - can't give you an honest opinion about taking kids as he chose to be acting up a bit that day!

Upvote 0

bandman

I have to add my voice to the negative side of this question. Had been going to Disney for years but never did th the HDDR til our last visit in July. I was dissapointed. Just wasn't great. Food was good. Not great. Show was a nice diversion but for the money I would have rather been at a better restaurant. Our kids were 3 and 1. The 3 year old would have been just as entertained at Cosmic Rays.

I know some love this show and thats great, just wasn't for us.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

We love the Hoopty!!! We are going for the 3rd time during our August trip. It is corny-jokes at it's best and if your lucky you may become part of the show. One of these days I WILL get up on that stage :)
I think with kids it would be even better. My boyfriend went as a child and he has many great memories from it. :wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think it is one of the top ten things that "HAVE" to be done on a Disney vacation. Not every time maybe, but as often as possible.
A really fun time and nice meal.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I wanna make a stop there on my honeymoon. "This is Spence and _____ from MN and their celebrating their 4 day anniversary!" That would be soo cool. Hit HDD and wear the bride and groom ears around the parks. Sweet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom