Hoop De Doo Bus Trip Back

awesomeinabox

Chicago does smell horrible. Go take the train from the Airport and go towards Wriggleyville. You'll see at least 2 or 3 homeless people drinking from paper bags.
You're confused... it's the well educated college students drinking from paper bags in Wrigleyville (the same ones who will wear sweats in first class)... the homeless just drink right out of the bottle. Chicago is my home and very lovely. When they finally make a train that goes right to Wrigleyville from O'Hare I can't wait to try it, until then I will just take the train to the bus ;)

Either way yeah, I agree, traveling from Hoopy De Doopy does blow, it blows hard but as everyone else said they do tell you, if you don't want to wait then drive or go to the early show. I personally like renting the carriage they use for weddings and having it serve as my chariot to the gilded gates of Le Grand Floridian so I can wave at the plebeians who are stuck waiting for their sweat shack of a bus as I pull away, you should look into it. OK, maybe not. Suck it up buttercup and enjoy the ride like the rest of us, if you want a different post-show experience go to the Luau at the Poly, the monorail will take you and a few hundred of your closest friends to the MK gates or the TTC. :rolleyes:

Ralphlaw

I personally like renting the carriage they use for weddings and having it serve as my chariot to the gilded gates of Le Grand Floridian so I can wave at the plebeians who are stuck waiting for their sweat shack of a bus as I pull away, you should look into it. . :rolleyes:

Yeah, but that gets old after awhile. Of course, when the carriage runs over a lizard or squirrel, it does liven up. I also find it exceptionally well-timed when the horses "do their business" and leave a steaming pile of fertilizer at the bus stop in front of the commoners. Laugh, I thought I'd never stop.

FireChiefGoofy

I have to side with the poster here just a little. I have never encountered poor customer service until I rode the bus back from that show to the parking lot. A bus pulled up and had its out of service sign on. The driver got out of the bus and just stood there. I asked if this was the bus going to the parking lot and he said, "That's what the sign says". To which, I replied... discounting the fact that this is no way to talk to a guest, if you were to take your head out of your butt for just a second you might notice that it is not "what the sign says". He looked up and saw the out of service sign on, run up on the bus and pushed the buttons and put the proper direction on it. Never an I'm sorry or an acknowledgement of a mistake or anything. My only bad experience from all my trips.

Disney buses do not have "Out of Service" programmed in the marquee. I should know, I drive one.

People constantly complaining about something us drivers have no control over. We go where and how we are told.

Also, there is no special bus to chauffeur you to breakfast in the morning (contrary to popular belief).

Also, bus driver CMs are people, too. The level of disrespect and rudeness we get is enormous. Strollers folded (federal law) children seated and not running around inside (safety) and clean up after yourself. Just because you paid more to be at the Yacht Club or GF doesn't not mean I'm your maid after our trip.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Disney buses do have "Out of Service" programmed in the marquee. I should know, I drive one.

People constantly complaining about something us drivers have no control over. We go where and how we are told.

Also, there is no special bus to chauffeur you to breakfast in the morning (contrary to popular belief).

Also, bus driver CMs are people, too. The level of disrespect and rudeness we get is enormous. Strollers folded (federal law) children seated and not running around inside (safety) and clean up after yourself. Just because you paid more to be at the Yacht Club or GF doesn't not mean I'm your maid after our trip.
I don't remember if it said "Out of Service" or just had a character name on it, whatever, it didn't say where it was going. I also knew that the Character name meant out of service.

I drove municipal buses for many years. I understand exactly what you are saying, but, as a driver, if I or my equipment messed up, that is on me. I am the first line of defense. If someone asked me where I was going, I told them where I was going, I didn't say... Read the sign. First of all that assumes that they even could read or didn't have a visual problem to deal with. Very unprofessional. I was a supervisor the last few years of my career and I was one then, and very sensitive to that kind of behavior. If one of my drivers had said that and I witnessed it, they would be written up. Zero tolerance for bad attitude.

No one knows more about how much we were treated with disrespect. We were talked to like dogs and were reported for things that never even happened. (Thank god for on-board cameras) At first drivers were against it because they were sure that we were using it to monitor their behavior. We did use it when we had a complaint, but, that was all and 80% of the time they were cleared because of it. They learned to like that part of it.

FireChiefGoofy

I don't remember if it said "Out of Service" or just had a character name on it, whatever, it didn't say where it was going. I also knew that the Character name meant out of service.

I drove municipal buses for many years. I understand exactly what you are saying, but, as a driver, if I or my equipment messed up, that is on me. I am the first line of defense. If someone asked me where I was going, I told them where I was going, I didn't say... Read the sign. First of all that assumes that they even could read or didn't have a visual problem to deal with. Very unprofessional. I was a supervisor the last few years of my career and I was one then, and very sensitive to that kind of behavior. If one of my drivers had said that and I witnessed it, they would be written up. Zero tolerance for bad attitude.

No one knows more about how much we were treated with disrespect. We were talked to like dogs and were reported for things that never even happened. (Thank god for on-board cameras) At first drivers were against it because they were sure that we were using it to monitor their behavior. We did use it when we had a complaint, but, that was all and 80% of the time they were cleared because of it. They learned to like that part of it.

Sorry if my tone came out wrong. You understand the frustrations. Had an incident today at Ft. Wilderness involving a rental car crossing the double yellow line heading straight at me. Guest driving said rental car complained stating I ran a stop sign. Camera proved otherwise. The Lake County Sheriff that was in my bus also helped my case.

No excuse for a rude CM. I like to talk to everyone on board. If I'm not talking and having fun, then I'm having a not do magical day. I'm not rude to the guest, I just keep to myself and answer any questions they may have.

Some guests forget that Disney is for everyone. The person standing or sitting next to you may come every month, they might plunk down lots of money to stay at the GF, or they might save for years to bring their kids only once. Every guest is equal in my eye. Complaining that they are staying at GF or BLT demanding better service, when the family at Pop may only come once in their life is crazy.

People also get angry at the "able bodied" looking person in the scooter trying to work the system. I see and talk to these folks everyday. Many of these so called "able bodied" people are actually our men and women who served our country and have been wounded. People need to engage their brains before they open their mouths.

Goofyernmost

Sorry if my tone came out wrong. You understand the frustrations. Had an incident today at Ft. Wilderness involving a rental car crossing the double yellow line heading straight at me. Guest driving said rental car complained stating I ran a stop sign. Camera proved otherwise. The Lake County Sheriff that was in my bus also helped my case.

No excuse for a rude CM. I like to talk to everyone on board. If I'm not talking and having fun, then I'm having a not do magical day. I'm not rude to the guest, I just keep to myself and answer any questions they may have.

Some guests forget that Disney is for everyone. The person standing or sitting next to you may come every month, they might plunk down lots of money to stay at the GF, or they might save for years to bring their kids only once. Every guest is equal in my eye. Complaining that they are staying at GF or BLT demanding better service, when the family at Pop may only come once in their life is crazy.

People also get angry at the "able bodied" looking person in the scooter trying to work the system. I see and talk to these folks everyday. Many of these so called "able bodied" people are actually our men and women who served our country and have been wounded. People need to engage their brains before they open their mouths.
I'm retired now but I do some part-time bus driving. Today I was running a shuttle to a convention and was standing in the lobby of a hotel waiting for riders to gather when a man came up and very sternly told the desk clerk to inform the manager that even though he is a "Golden" or whatever, member that primarily uses that particular hotel chain, that he will never stay in another one. He apparently asked a new desk clerk for a free bottled water and the desk clerk said that he could have one, but he had to pay for it. Well, I guess not...I'm a "golden" member and I'm supposed to get a free water... so I will not be returning to this crappy place ever again.

After he left, I turned to the clerk and smiled and said... isn't dealing with the public just wonderful? She just rolled her eyes. I wonder if any of those jerks know what we say about them after they have left. I'll bet they think we are all just shaking in our shoes, terrified of their power, instead of us laughing at them.

wdwfan22

Because its entertaining, runs well, supplies consistently good food, and is live entertainment sans synchronized lip movement to a pre-recorded sound track... something sadly lacking in a lot of today's' popular music. No autotune for "performers" who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with a locking lid. We also enjoy Mickey's Backyard BBQ for the same reasons.

We found it extremely dull and corny, and the food was nothing to write home about. Everyone's taste is different I guess, but once was enough for my group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom