Hoop De Doo Bus Trip Back

wedje

Every time that we go to Hoop De Doo, we go to MK and take the boat to and back from Wilderness. Easy and short trip, then you can get on bus , boat or monorail to where you want to go. I would suggest if you are not sure on how to get from place to place that this forum has a lot of experienced people who are more than willing to share their knowledge or/ and experiences with you. All you have to do is ask.

ABQ

I guess the OP would have been better off had they built that 466 space parking lot right smack dab next to Pioneer Hall, eh? Ugh, he should have known better that if the MK was truly running extra magic hours, then heck yeah, as a few others stated, take the boat back to the MK and secure transit from the park.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thats why I take the boat to/from HDD - I don't care where the boat takes me as long as it's NOT through the Ft Wilderness campground :)

Sl8500

I understand you need a ride too but from a pure logistics point of view it would have made more sense to do something like: Disney Port Orleans (maybe), Caribbean Beach, Beach & Yacht and then Boardwalk and then Animal Kingdom. It makes more sense traffic and routing wise. To have Beach & Yacht not on the same route as Boardwalk makes zero sense. It would be better off to lump the value resorts together Art, Pop,Century, All-Star.

Since you are so special and have such deep pockets, why not hire a car service to cart your royalness around. It will open up more seats on the bus for us smelly folks!

By the way, I fly business class often and see plenty if people I sweats and jeans! Just because you dress up doesn't mean you have any class!

C.FERNIE

To get back on track .....I always hated the transport for the late show bus/taxi/car, we have never taken a car so i can not comment on that, we have catched a taxi a couple of times and that was certainly the quickest but not cheap ( can not remember how much, we were staying at the boardwalk). Buses are for sure the longest and we have had to stand several times nearly all the way... but we usually would get off at the swan and dolphin and just walk, but the plus side of when we got a seat was we could have a wee nap, and thank you to the youngish woman who decided to have a wee drunken song and dance show in the aisle last time we laughed our heads off and everyone on the bus joined in with the singing lol

WDWFan_Boston

Something for everyone I guess. I for one do not enjoy riding in a tin-box on wheels for several hours sitting next to random strangers that bathe in axe body spray if they even know what bathing is at all. Meanwhile some man a few stone over is gnoshing down on all the combos and dorritos they brought for the flight (smacking their lips and fingers the whole time) in addition to being across the aisle from the screaming baby that doesn't understand changes in air pressure while my knees are touching the seat in front of me even.

I'd rather have the civility and comfort in the front where people still know what deodorant is and I've yet to near or see a screaming child. Sorry folks but wearing sweatpants to the airport may be legal but it sure isn't proper.

I'm glad that you have the money to stay at the Beach Club, but I detect a bit of disdain for those not as fortunate as you are. I hope you wouldn't look down on me for staying at Port Orleans ;)

I'm going to guess you don't live in a big city. If you want to complain about transit, hit the T (our subway/streetcar system) or the Metro in NYC. I've almost always found the Disney bus system relaxing. There are times that they are jammed packed, but you can pretty much figure out ahead of time what those times are.

Rent a car for the week next time and you'll feel better.

psukardi

Original Poster
I'm glad that you have the money to stay at the Beach Club, but I detect a bit of disdain for those not as fortunate as you are. I hope you wouldn't look down on me for staying at Port Orleans ;)

I'm going to guess you don't live in a big city. If you want to complain about transit, hit the T (our subway/streetcar system) or the Metro in NYC. I've almost always found the Disney bus system relaxing. There are times that they are jammed packed, but you can pretty much figure out ahead of time what those times are.

Rent a car for the week next time and you'll feel better.

Actually, I live in DC so I have the "pleasure" of traveling on METRO more often than I'd like to. However, you'll find in the mornings it's full of people just trying to get to work. The weekends however are another story. The subway in NYC has it's charm - although a taxi is more enjoyable. I spent some time in NorCal and BART wasn't horrible. Chicago was the worst though - it smelled of urine. SEPTA is a mess too

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Actually, I live in DC so I have the "pleasure" of traveling on METRO more often than I'd like to. However, you'll find in the mornings it's full of people just trying to get to work. The weekends however are another story. The subway in NYC has it's charm - although a taxi is more enjoyable. I spent some time in NorCal and BART wasn't horrible. Chicago was the worst though - it smelled of urine. SEPTA is a mess too
Not sure what that has to do with your complaints about the WDW transportation, but bully for your using mass transit. :bored:

WDWFan_Boston

So you like mass transit and think it's a charming thing, but you hate WDW's buses? Bizarre...

wendysue

This goes against what was told to me by the CM when I asked about what bus to take. Had there been signage that said bus # stops at A,B,C,D,E it would have been a lot easier to make an informed decision. And the buses are far from a good deal or pleasant. It's like flying coach. Something that should only be done under the most dire of circumstances

You are hilarious. I can just picture you sitting at your computer checking the responses to your moronic posts every few minutes to see how riled up people are getting.....You can't possibly be for real :hilarious:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You are hilarious. I can just picture you sitting at your computer checking the responses to your moronic posts every few minutes to see how riled up people are getting.....You can't possibly be for real :hilarious:
Never underestimate....

disney4life2008

I have lived in SF, NYC, Chicago and have used public transportation my entire life. You paint a horrific picture that is just not true. I hope for your sake that you do not journey to any area in the country outside of high/expensive class boarders of a urban city. And to support what others have said - I have wined and dined with millionaires during my time in NYC and to be honest - their personal cars, BO, breathe was so bad that I prefered to be on public transportation. So the arrogant imagery you demonstrate here is cut across all just a left segment of the population.

psukardi

Original Poster
So you like mass transit and think it's a charming thing, but you hate WDW's buses? Bizarre...

No, I tolerate it because there is no other option. I'm not going to leave the house at the crack of dawn to avoid the HOV restrictions on I66. And mass transit in some cities can be kind of charming, it's interesting to see the culture and how some cities are. The feel to each city is different....I can't explain it. A bus however, is a bus no matter how you slice it.

Ralphlaw

I live in a small town, so I never have to take mass transit, nor do I have to wait in traffic jams or stand in line. My commute is a whopping ten minutes. When we go to Disney, waiting and crowding perhaps annoys me more than most people, but I must admit that small towns have smelly people too. It's just more Earthy here.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, on average, without sounding elitist, moneyed people in general probably smell better because their good hygiene probably helped them land and keep better jobs in more officey type environments. People who sweat in their jobs are probably more likely to be a bit more tolerant of BO, etc . . . Yes, rich people can stink, and poorer people can be fastidious in their cleanliness, but some stereotypes exist for a reason.

With that being said, I grew up on a dairy farm, and farmers with cows generally don't smell as good on a day to day basis as office workers. However, most farmers and their families take special care to clean up for Church and special events.

I'm also privy to why certain types of workers don't keep good jobs, or can't get good jobs in the first place, and bad smell may have a lot to do with it. Believe me, if you come into a job interview looking shabby, or smelling of BO or cigarettes, you're far less likely to get hired, and thus far less likely to score a high-paying job and then staying at a deluxe resort on vacation. Exceptions abound, but stereotypes exist for a reason. Stinky people in general make less money. People who don't stink are far more likely to succeed in most job environments.

psukardi

Original Poster
I have lived in SF, NYC, Chicago and have used public transportation my entire life. You paint a horrific picture that is just not true. I hope for your sake that you do not journey to any area in the country outside of high/expensive class boarders of a urban city. And to support what others have said - I have wined and dined with millionaires during my time in NYC and to be honest - their personal cars, BO, breathe was so bad that I prefered to be on public transportation. So the arrogant imagery you demonstrate here is cut across all just a left segment of the population.

Chicago does smell horrible. Go take the train from the Airport and go towards Wriggleyville. You'll see at least 2 or 3 homeless people drinking from paper bags.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No, I tolerate it because there is no other option. I'm not going to leave the house at the crack of dawn to avoid the HOV restrictions on I66. And mass transit in some cities can be kind of charming, it's interesting to see the culture and how some cities are. The feel to each city is different....I can't explain it. A bus however, is a bus no matter how you slice it.
You were well aware of the transit system utilized by Disney. And since from now on you don't like the routes they take, and you've made it painfully clear you have the financial wherewithal to avoid the lower classes, using a car service or (should you truly feel the need to be one with the people) driving yourself around must be the only options....

disney4life2008

Chicago does smell horrible. Go take the train from the Airport and go towards Wriggleyville. You'll see at least 2 or 3 homeless people drinking from paper bags.

I am from Chicago born and raised. Your comments are beyond dehumanizing and disrespectful. I will not entertain your lack of respect anymore because as someone else said - you are getting a high from this. End of story for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom