Honorary Floridian??

DisJosh

Original Poster
Originally posted by The Mom
Wonderful news, DisJosh! Of course we'll make you an honorary Floridian! The first thing you have to learn is, they're not roaches...they're Palmetto or Water Bugs. And there are only 2 types of Floridians; those who have "Water Bugs" in their house, and liars! ;)

Thanks Marcia!

Errrr......bugs :( I can't stand spiders let alone roaches. I moved out of my room in the basement b/c of spiders lol. Ahhhhh well a small price to pay...

...now I get to go to bed thinking about bugs. This is real great. No sleep for me tonight. :(

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisJosh

Thanks Marcia!

Errrr......bugs :( I can't stand spiders let alone roaches. I moved out of my room in the basement b/c of spiders lol. Ahhhhh well a small price to pay...

...now I get to go to bed thinking about bugs. This is real great. No sleep for me tonight. :(

Don't worry too much; the lizards and snakes will eat 'em! ;)

NowInc

Thanks Marcia!

LoL..apparently you have never seen a palmetto bug...they are harmless..but rather large ;)

DisJosh

Original Poster
Originally posted by The Mom

Don't worry too much; the lizards and snakes will eat 'em! ;)

Lol I'm not squeemish about amphibious creatures or whatever they are. I love them actually...I was always the kid knee deep in the pond looking for frogs. :D I just don't like bugs! echhhhh!

Hey maybe I'll have an exuse to get an iguana! :D

Like my man eating iguana in my avatar? :lol:

NowInc

Lol I'm not squeemish about amphibious creatures or whatever they are. I love them actually...I was always the kid knee deep in the pond looking for frogs. :D I just don't like bugs! echhhhh!

Muahaha...lets see how you react when you see a Gator ;)

The Mom

Premium Member

My son LOVES your avatar! He always reminds me that we came <this> close to getting an iguana (a former teacher was thinking about giving hers away.) As you know, I spend lots of time caring for our various Herps, so reptiles and amphibians (except snakes and gators) are welcome guests around here.

tenchu

Does every gator found in a residential area in Florida have a name like "ol' rusty" or something? Is it law over there?

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by tenchu
Does every gator found in a residential area in Florida have a name like "ol' rusty" or something? Is it law over there?

We just call ours "The Gator" as in "Anybody seen The Gator lately?" "Yeah, he was swimming next to your dock." "Thanks, I guess we won't go swimming today!"

NowInc

Well, my first day here (as a resident) back in 97, I almost ran over a gator with my car. He has since adobted the name "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!"....

Other than that, since I got used to seeing those man eaters almost everywhere I go...they really dont get a name.

Gator HANDLERS tho...they are uslaly named "Stumpy" or "Jonny 9 toes"...

Tigggrl

Congrats Josh! Way to go! You must be soooo excited! Don't forget what I told you about the part time job if you need one...K??
Don't let these people scare you! I have lived in Florida for 15 years and I have only seen a gator out of their environment ONCE. He was under some guys pickup truck at the gas station.
AND Sarasota dosent have rednecks, it has OLD people. You have to plan more dricing time during October-May, cuz all the old folks come down for the winter....and they don't know how to drive, especially in the rain....
Have fun, work hard, and succeess will come to you!
Tig:animwink:

NowInc

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Congrats Josh! Way to go! You must be soooo excited! Don't forget what I told you about the part time job if you need one...K??
Don't let these people scare you! I have lived in Florida for 15 years and I have only seen a gator out of their environment ONCE. He was under some guys pickup truck at the gas station.
AND Sarasota dosent have rednecks, it has OLD people. You have to plan more dricing time during October-May, cuz all the old folks come down for the winter....and they don't know how to drive, especially in the rain....

Wanna talk about old people? Try living in delray for a while ;)

As for the gator "situation"...I have seen them quite often..ESPECIALLY on the turnpike on the way to orlando...but you are west of all that..so you should have no problems...

DisJosh

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tigggrl

Thank you Tigggrl! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom