Honeymoon / Romantic Idea Help

Hi,

I am somewhat new to the boards here but I need some help with something!

I am going to WDW on a honeymoon in August.
Currently we have two reservations, both at POP.
We have a 1 night Room only August 18th and then the 19th-26th with the Free QS Dine Package.

I am thinking about surprising my wife and staying somewhere else that 1st night (the 18th). I have 2 questions.
I was thinking WL, BDWLK, POLY or maybe AKL.
Can anyone give some suggestions for Romantic/Honeymoon dinner and night ideas? I figure if we can arrive and check in right at 3pm we can have the whole afternoon, evening and night to relax and enjoy and then start our 'busy' prak portion of the trip the next day.

My other question now is, will this complicate me getting my park passes for the package starting on the 19th? They informed me my passes would be read after 7am on friday the 19th. Since my current reservations are both at POP this wouldn't be an issue.
Will I have to go to POP before I go to the parks on friday the 19th or will they be able somehow to give me them when I check out of wherever I stay?

Thanks!

Tinkerbell 8

First i just wanted to say i'm jealous you're going to disney for your honeymoon! My fiance and i got engaged in disney 3 years ago and we are not going to disney for our honeymoon in July :cry: Have you visited the Disney Honeymoon website (disneyweddings.disney.go.com/honeymoons) They have an suggestions for what you can do including visiting the spa, enjoying a nice dinner, and other ideas to make your honeymoon special. You can also check out on Disneys regular page under Things to Do and then click on celebrate your special occasion. I would suggest staying at AKL the first night, then maybe doing the Sunrise Safari breakfast experience (if your wife enjoys animals and tours) (this tour is only available to those staying at AKL). If not you might want to book a couples massage, or a nice romantic dinner at a signature restaurant. They also have baskets you can have delivered to your room that include flowers, champagne, chocolates, candles, etc to make a romantic evening. You can also register for Disney tours, special meals, etc on their disney honeymoon website so you don't have to pay for everything :) Also make sure you get the Just Married pins and wear them to the park everyday (we wore our Just Engaged pins everyday and we got some nice extras in the parks along with congratulations from every cast member) Another idea would be to get tickets to La Nouba at DTD, and eat dinner at a nice restaurant before the show. Hope this helped!

Upvote 0

goonie007

1. Rent BLT DVC points for the first night stay and relax by the pool and watch the fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge.

2. Watch the fireworks/electrical water pageant from Sunset Pointe/Beach area at POLY

3. Resort hop and hidden mickey hunting

4. Upgrade your free QS plan to the regular and make some sit down ressies

5. Sneak into the FLE expansion and get pics for us :lookaroun

Upvote 0

love disney

Congrats! I will be going on my honeymoon to WDW later this year as well. My plan is pretty similar to what you are inquiring about, two reservations with the second one at Pop Century. We are staying the first night at Wilderness Lodge, which we personally find to be the best looking of all the resorts we have seen (also doesn't hurt that it is one of the cheapest Deluxe Resorts! haha!). We looked at Animal Kingdom Lodge and were very impressed, then later that trip we went to WL and were blown away!

We plan on just relaxing and enjoying the resort that first day, then doing a romantic dinner, either right there at Artist's Point or trying somewhere new. You could always take the boat over to MK and then take the monorail to one of the other resorts for dinner if you wanted.

After that first night we head to Pop and the parks!

Regardless of what you decide, I am sure you will have a great time!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Give a call to Disney and see if they can help you out. They're incredibly helpful and should make sure your tickets don't have any issues.

And I say, try for the GF or Polynesian. Close to MK, and both are great. The bad thing is, they'll make POP look even worse when you get there.

Upvote 0

moonchild925

The signature restaurants and dining experiences disney offers are simply unforgettable

My suggestions for an amazing dinner are:
1) victoria &albert's at GF if you can get a reservation and is within your budget

2) jiko or sanaa at AKL are both phenomenal and very romantic

3) the california grill at fireworks time at the contemporary.

Have a great honeymoon!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

The signature restaurants and dining experiences disney offers are simply unforgettable

My suggestions for an amazing dinner are:
1) victoria &albert's at GF if you can get a reservation and is within your budget

2) jiko or sanaa at AKL are both phenomenal and very romantic

3) the california grill at fireworks time at the contemporary.

Have a great honeymoon!

Good call. Another great restaurant is Bistro de Paris at Epcot. Its upstairs from Les Chefs de France and its a bit more expensive, so there wont be a lot of screaming kids in there.

I took my wife there and, naturally, the guy at the table next to us proposed to his date midway through dinner. So maybe try for a more secluded table if you're not into that.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/bistro-de-paris/

Upvote 0

majortom1981

Aklw

I had my honeymoon at animal kingdom lodge back in may. I say spend the first night there.

What is more romanric then sitting by the fire outdokrs at night watching the animals in the savanah while listening to the guides from africa speak about their country.

Also go to sanna about 1pm go to the desk and say you are going to the bar and walk past the desk to the bar. Get a drink and bread service. Its very romantic and a cheap lunch. Its pretty much indian naan(i think thats what its called) with humus and other things. Its very filling.

Upvote 0

aj_steig

First off, congrats!!! You'll have a blast on your honeymoon, we went in 2007 for ours and had the time of our lives :) My recommendation for dinner would be California Grill. Make sure you have a reservation around fireworks time (you can call and ask when that will be). The restaurant lights are dimmed and you can hear the soundtrack at the same time. We were there in October and got to see the Not So Scary Halloween Party fireworks, that was a real treat (Not to mention the view of Magic Kingdom!) :wave:

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

Contact the Disney florist they have some really neat packages and much more than just flowers. You can arrange for them to leave them in your room when you are out. One year for our anniversary they came in with a bunch of flowers, candels ( the battery type so they are on when you come back to the room ) custom towels with our names on them, a card from Micky and Minney plus a few other things and on the bed they made an outline of a heart out of rose petals. DW was pretty wowed.

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

My other question now is, will this complicate me getting my park passes for the package starting on the 19th? They informed me my passes would be read after 7am on friday the 19th. Since my current reservations are both at POP this wouldn't be an issue.
Will I have to go to POP before I go to the parks on friday the 19th or will they be able somehow to give me them when I check out of wherever I stay?

Thanks!

Congrats to you and the soon to be Mrs.!

I did this a few years ago. We checked in the night of the room only, We had to checkout the next morning and check back in for the stay with the package. The fortunite thing is we stayed in the same room. Instead of changing the first night how about seeing if you could upgrade to a moderate...

Upvote 0

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I spent my Honeymoon/1st Anniversary at WDW last year, it was amazing.

My husband took me to "Paris" for our actual anniversary dinner, as in Bistro de Paris. It was amazing, can not recommend it enough!!

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Congrats on the wedding and honeymoon!

Two years ago, I had a similar situation when I went on a trip with my dad. We stayed one night at Port Orleans Riverside and the rest of our trip was booked at Carribean Beach. Long story short, my dad messed up our dates and flights and we wound up just needing a hotel room that first night. Port Orleans could NOT give us our park tickets the next morning and we wound up having to take a bus to epcot, then back to Carribean Beach to get our park tickets.
All that being said.. my dad didn't call ahead to see if there was anything they could do for us. I guess neither of us thought that it might be a problem. Good for you for planning ahead haha. I know a lot more now about how the hotel systems work and understand why they couldn't do it. But I say call and see what they can do. It's really a pain to have to go to the other resort to get your tickets.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I have three-

1.) Take a Illuminations fireworks cruise- you catch a pontoon boat at Yacht Club

2.) Eat at Sanaa- we loved it there

3.) Walk down the path at the Polynesian and watch Wishes from there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom