Home On The Range

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Call me crazy, but from the previews I have seen of the mine and train parts, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upgrade of Thunder Mountain to include some Animatronic Dairy Cows. A "Patch of Heaven" mini land could fit quite nicely in AK or the MK. I'm hoping to see awesome previews of HOTR and Chicken Little in the upcoming Brother Bear dvd.

Yea, you ca-razy! :lol: Just kidding. I guess a PoH land could fit in in Fronteirland, but what would you do there? MK already has enough meet and greets....

flexer

Have you guys played any of the games on the website? They are a lot of fun actually. And I heard that if you are purchasing a child's ticket, you get a free sing-a-long DVD. My little cousins would love that. Anyways, thought I would share that with you guys!

Snapper Bean

Seems to me that with the petting zoo already in place. Patch of Heaven could end up adjacent to Rafiki's planet watch in AK.

Snapper Bean

luvJC4saken

I don't know. To me, HOTR just doesn't LOOK like a Disney movie. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? It looks like a story idea that DreamWorks would come up with.

Brother Bear, looked to me like a Disney storyline--the reason I didn't go see it was that the previews just didn't seem funny to me at all. And w/ that one guy doing the soundtrack for it (what's his name again??) it seemed like a repeat from Tarzan.

flexer

that's strange that it doesn't look like a Disney movie to you? It's animated, has a bunch of animals, and lots of singing. It totally screams Disney to me! Anyways, I"m going to check it out tonight..I'll let you guys know how it is!

imagineer boy

I just came back from seeing it, and I'll have to say, I really liked it. This was a true good ol' Fashion Disney Movie. It wasn't hilariouse, but had some good jokes in it. You really do feel for the characters. During the scene where the Famer Lady of Little Patch of Heaven was packing away her things, and looking at the pictures of the great times she had on Little Patch of Heaven, I almost cried. The funny thing that I noticed in the audience ( there were a ton of little kids, and I felt so old sitting in there ) they seemed to come into the Theater bratty, spoiled, and impatient, but after they saw the movie, they came out satisfied excited and alot more calm.

I give this movie 5 out of 5. It really ends the last of the 2-D movies with a bang. Its a shame though. I'm really gonna miss them.

General Grizz

It looks great, but I can't stand the burping (as seen in a clip). Way too much.

This is going to be sad. . . here's to a revitalized 2-D after Eisner's out.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Pat X
How many were in the theater?

There were LOTS of people. Mostly parents with young kids ( 3-12 years of age ) One of the previouse shows had sold out.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the songs were GREAT! The Little Patch of Heaven song was my favorite. I also liked the yodeling song. Its great to see characters singing again! Also, Slim is a great villain. He's funny, but very ruthless at the same time. Sort of like Captain Hook. Slim really does remind me of Eisner. See the movie for yourselves and you'll see what I mean.

And Grizz, the burping isn't that bad. Its only at the beggining of the movie. THere are no fart jokes, no bathroom humor, and the only inappropriate the joke is "They're real" and that's it.
I almost cried at the end because I thought about Walt Disney's Legacy of animation movies begginning with Snow White and as I watched the credits scrolled up and the farewell country music, I almost burst into tears because of Eisner's evil carelessness.

Pat X

I just saw it tonight and I liked the movie.

What was depressing though was there were only 30 people in the entire theater and that bugged me a bit, not sure why, just frustrated that Disney movies don't draw like the use to. My wife and I were the only other couple in the theater. The rest was families with little kids.

Anyways, I poked my head into the earlier show and it appeared to more crowded. Hopefully, this was an exception. :(

General Grizz

Our theater had less than 30. . . at a 7:30 show. Pity.

I loved the film. Not a "classic" at all - but a VERY great Disney filmed. LOVED the music and animation.

I might see it again, actually.

If they had characters singing & mixed this with Brother Bear quality & essence, then I think that would be one big blockbuster.

After Disney limits production, of course, so they can get more appeal.

Pat X

That is not good news! AARGH....I wonder if Disney knew this wasn't going to perform well?

I will see it again on Sunday though....

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by imagineer boy

THere are no fart jokes, no bathroom humor, and the only inappropriate the joke is "They're real" and that's it.
I

I thought the "2 Words ... COLD SHOWER" and when the lady on the stage was really that guys father. I laughed out loud at both of them. Also, when Maggie did the tail snap at Buck. I thought that movie was GREAT. It was fun. They animation seemed old. Not the style...just the dull colors and such. I think the most powerful scene in the movie for me was seeing the family of pigs with different numbers on them, so they would be sold seperately...I felt so bad. Oh yea...the "Flood". It rains for 15 seconds, and the desert turned into an ocean lol. Our theater was full, and HOT! I was a little dissapointed at the trailers though...I was hoping for Chicken Little, but nope. This rates right up there with some of my favorite films...It wasn't meant to change the industry, change animation, or prove anything...It was made for fun, and it shows. You can tell the animators had a great time with this one.

Grizz - Did you notice a fimiliar sound when the Buffolo fell down the mine?:lol: You weren't, by any chance, at the 7:30 showing at DTD?

As I said in my ISTCrew Original - If you stay after the credits, you hear an Old West Style Saloon door slamming shut, and cow hooves walking away. I wonder if that was a message about 2D Animation ... or it could of just been a simple sound effect...

I have been calling everyone a "Heffer" now:lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Well, there was a change of plans and I didn't go last night, but I will tonight....seems to be good reviews coming from everyone, so i'm starting to look forward to it! :D

By the way, for those who've seen it, did you prefer Brother Bear more?

imagineer boy

Ooh, I perfered Home on the Range over Brother Bear any time. And Grizz and Pat, I think the reason why not many people were there was because the main audience ( kids ) probably are at home at that time, eating supper, taking a nap, or going to bed early. I really think this movie is a hit.

General Grizz

I liked Brother Bear much more, but this was "funnier."

I did notice the Buffallo sound. :D

I also compared the small chicken giving the crow at the end to the ROAR that the animators and Cast Members might have over Eisner one day. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom