Home On The Range

jcrb

Original Poster
Do believe that it is a good idea for Home on the Range to premier on April 2?

Note -Disney animation movie’s have premiere during the summer.

wdwmaniac

YES as it seems it will not be a blockbuster and instead of flopping totally they are putting it out in an open time period.

March 26- Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
April 2- Home on the Range
April 9- Ella Enchanted

Heres why no summer:
May 21- Shrek 2
June 4- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
June 16- Around the World in 80 Days
June 25- Garfield
July 2- Spider-Man 2
July 7- King Arthur
July 16- I, Robot

If Disney released in the summer they would be up against Sherk 2 (so far it sound like it going to do great!) and Potter which always does good. Not to mention the rest of the releases this April gives Disney and open range to get families out.

JLW11Hi

...Glad to see how much faith the company is putting into their animated movies...

I'm sure that really boosted the animation staff's self esteem....:rolleyes:

rmforney

I heard HOTR ran way over budget, too. Some one can correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the coast ran up to $140 million. Unless it gets incredible word of mouth, it'll die quickly with the onslaught of summer releases. Shame....:(

JBSLJames

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
YES as it seems it will not be a blockbuster and instead of flopping totally they are putting it out in an open time period.

March 26- Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
April 2- Home on the Range
April 9- Ella Enchanted

Heres why no summer:
May 21- Shrek 2
June 4- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
June 16- Around the World in 80 Days
June 25- Garfield
July 2- Spider-Man 2
July 7- King Arthur
July 16- I, Robot

If Disney released in the summer they would be up against Sherk 2 (so far it sound like it going to do great!) and Potter which always does good. Not to mention the rest of the releases this April gives Disney and open range to get families out.

Even at that, there are only 2 or 3 on that list I will take my kids to (both under 9 years old). HOTR will be one of them. Looking forward to it.

rmforney

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
I heard the opposite it came in around 80 Million but they don't want to take any chances.

I hope you're right. It makes me feel better if so. None the less, I still want to see the movie. Hey, first animated (full feature) Western.

Yeah, I loved the Pacos Bill short in 'Melody Time'

:sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
isn't around the world in 80 days a disney movie

Around The World In 80 Days is infact a Disney film. Its cast lineup includes Jackie Chan, Kathy Bates, John Cleese, Johnny Knoxville, Rob Schneider, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Luke Wilson, and Owen Wilson. Sounds like a good movie!:D

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Around The World In 80 Days is infact a Disney film. Its cast lineup includes Jackie Chan, Kathy Bates, John Cleese, Johnny Knoxville, Rob Schneider, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Luke Wilson, and Owen Wilson. Sounds like a good movie!:D

Yes it does. well atleast they have a good cast. I never thought i 'd see arnold Schwarzernegger Rob Schneider and jackie Chan in the same movie.lol can't wait

Tigggrl

HOTR has an animation style similar to Hercules. I didnt care for Herc at all. I am trying to not be biased before I see it, but I just had such a hard time with the angular type of drawing. I will probably see it anyway:rolleyes:
And yet, I can not find a single soul to go see Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen...Go figure!:lol:

(Don't laugh! I really wanna see it!)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by NemoRocks78

It seems good to me as well, but I think it seemed a little too goofy and comedy like. My dad thought so too. Hmm.... Well, we'll just have to wait and see. It may be very good.:sohappy:

DW88

Has anybody read any reviews of Home On The Range? Film critics usually see many movies ahead of time. I liked the preview, so I expect it'll be pretty good.:)

flexer

The reviews I have read have been great. The previews are hilarious. I think it's fine that they are releasing this movie on April 2nd. Most kids have off around that time anyways, so I'm sure the theatres will be packed! And I'll be one of them...

crescent_moon

I agree... I think it's a good spring-time movie for kids..(and adults) ... the voices in it are just so great. Sara Jessica Parker, Randy Quaid, Judy Dench... can't wait!

flexer

I'm excited for the voices as well. I think Roseanne is going to be hilarious. Her voice alone makes me start laughing. I'm a huge fan of Sarah Jessica Parker as well, so I'm excited to see how well she will do. Do you think Disney will re-consider making 2-d animation films if this one does extremely well?

ISTCrew20

I'm very excited for this one. I liked the "Stop staring, they're real" joke, when Alameda Slim was looking at *Roseannes* udders. I have a feeling this one will do great. Sadly, I don't think it will change the mind of Mike to bring back 2D.

Call me crazy, but from the previews I have seen of the mine and train parts, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upgrade of Thunder Mountain to include some Animatronic Dairy Cows. A "Patch of Heaven" mini land could fit quite nicely in AK or the MK. I'm hoping to see awesome previews of HOTR and Chicken Little in the upcoming Brother Bear dvd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom