Holy Moly!!! - Pirates Water Park

diddy_mouse

the concept art looked really cool, but its still really hard to predict where this thing might end up. hey..they could always put it where River Country once was :lookaroun

AviMM

Now, I still think Jim has creditably and evedently he wrote "remember where you saw it first!" because he wants people to return. Some things I noticed are:
1. According to this man's show design page he no longer works at WDI is says "WALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING (May 1995- October 2001)" unless he returned and never updated his web page
2. I'm sure he's allowed to put his work on a portfolio page if he wants, after all I don't think Universial or anyone else can build a Pirates of the Carabian Water Park and I think they wouldn't go out of there way to do so
3. If Jim came up with all the stuff on his site by himself...he should be working at Imagineering so I think we can safely saw the stuff is legit

All in all there should be no shin kicking going on and we should all be happy that something like this might arrive. Also, we should be greatful that Jim shares these stories with us! And now I've made lots of spelling mistakes and grammer too, or so I think, and now I'm content. Why for? Because I might have spared someone's shine being virtually kicked. Yay. Now, back to our regularly scheduled back biting which occurs here when a Jim Hill article is discussed.

Edit: Someone said that it wasn't right for Jim to cut the signiture off the picture, something odd I can't find the man's signiture on the picture on his site. Also, it's not like Jim said HE painted it!

trackbarroness

Has anyone else noticed that quite a few pictures on Scott Sherman's
site has the word copyright before the guy's name? On the page that
the concept art comes from it clearly states
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Show & Concept Design:
Pirates of the Caribbean Scene 10 Rehab,
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pirates of the Caribbean WaterPark Concept, [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TokyoDisneySea Journey to the Center of the Earth Ride Load Area [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Walt Disney Imagineering
[/font]

Also Scott Sherman's name looks like it was added to a photo
copy of the original concept art.

Lynx04

wdwmagic said:
Right, they are stories. It's each to their own. I know that personally I prefer the raw facts, but I know others like things to be wrapped in a more story-telling style, which is fine. That's the great thing about the Internet, the ability to choose how you receive information. :)

Are you calling Jim Hill the Disney of Disney News? ;)

I don't really visit his site besides what stories that people link to his site. I really don't see anything wrong with the info I have read. Although I haven't read much.

Poncho1973

CoryMitchell said:
Well..thanks for expressing your views a little more clearly this time Poncho. All I can say about your accsations of Jim's stories being wrong is that Jim is a great guy and that if you think that you have the correct version of a story as compared to what he has written, then you should get in touch with him. Despite what you might hear, say , or think, Jim actually is interested in publishing truthful and accurate stories. So, drop him an e-mail and let him know your side of the story. His e-mail is stadlerhill@mindspring.com. Don't want to talk to Jim? E-mail me at cory@jimhillmedia.com and I'll be glad to pass on the info.
I think Jim Korkis is great too. He and Jim are still great friends. I wish he was still able to write for us.

Unfortunately... most of the stories cannot be corrected by me for the same reasons as JK not being able to write for you.

WDFAN1977

I love the idea of a pirate’s themed water park but if it does come to WDW I think river country is the wrong place for it. I say this because the theme of a pirate’s water park does not go good with the current theme already in place in that part of the resort (camping/outdoor theme).

mitchk

That would be great. I would love to see one in FL. What is going on with Water Country, they should build it there.

BalooChicago

My first thought when I saw this (Seems like a number of us thought this) was River Country... It just fits, not only because of RC, but also Discovery Island, I mean come on, how cool would that be as a Pirate themed Island somehow connected to RC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom