Holy Moly!!! - Pirates Water Park

OliveMcFly

:eek: That pic is awesome :eek:
I wonder what kind of ride they could build to differ themselves from other waterparks. Something really original and piratey. There's only so many times a person can float down a lazy river.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneyGrl85 said:
:eek: That pic is awesome :eek:
I wonder what kind of ride they could build to differ themselves from other waterparks. Something really original and piratey. There's only so many times a person can float down a lazy river.
thay could float on kegs of rum!!!! and yes, id be "that guy" trying to uncork the fake drums for a little taste :slurp:

watch for splinters

Poncho1973

CoryMitchell said:
Feel free to kick my shins all you like if it will make you happy. I feel bad that we claimed to have the image before anyone else when that wasn't true, but all I can do is correct the issue and give credit to the artist.

Can I kick you in the shins for all the rest of the crap you guys put up? The sewage flows REALLY deep on your site. I like to refer to it as the "National Inquirer" of Disney information. I can't really prove that Princess Di wasn't killed 3-headed aliens with laser-guided spears... but that doesn't make it true. Same with most of the "insider" stories, rumors and "unknown backstories on forgotten attractions" you post.

**edited to fix spelling**

jrriddle

ogryn said:
Tell Jim to keep these sort of articles up. I for one, like them, and even if they are just blue-sky, I still find some of it inspirational. (and as long as you correct your mistakes, that's fine... everyone makes them... )

:wave:

Definitely!

jcraycraft

yellowrocket said:
I agree. I was the one who called attention to the fact it was from a personal portfolio. I don't think anyone would have minded where it came from if the author hadn't been so high and mighty on himself. Insight and analyis of the picture is fine, but when someone boasts "Remember where you saw it here first, folks!" when, in fact, it *wasn't* where it was shown first, it just calls attention to the shallow esteem issue.

Yellowrocket.... nice catch !! But how and the world did you find artwork in the first place? Is there any more ??

yellowrocket

jcraycraft said:
Yellowrocket.... nice catch !! But how and the world did you find artwork in the first place? Is there any more ??

yeah, check out the guy's site. He has some really great artwork, from Islands of Adventure to Disney. He updates it pretty regularly. Actually Tokyo DisneySea owes a lot to the guy. He's very talented. There are some great sketches on there, if you spend enough time poking around.

http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/showdesign1.html

http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/showdesign2.html

http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/showdesign3.html

There's even a Journey to the Center of the Earth logo in French...
http://www.scottshermandesign.com/images_show/op4images/op4o3journeelogo.jpg
Is Journey to the Center of the Earth coming to Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris? Anyone? :slurp:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
yellowrocket said:
There's even a Journey to the Center of the Earth logo in French...
http://www.scottshermandesign.com/images_show/op4images/op4o3journeelogo.jpg
Is Journey to the Center of the Earth coming to Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris? Anyone? :slurp:

That will be tommorow's article ;)

Scott does some great stuff, and his artwork site has been the basis of quite a few rumors. I think Screamscape was one of the first places where I saw Scott's art mentioned, in relation to the Universal concepts.

trackbarroness

CoryMitchell said:
No, I wasn't the author. But as a member of the editorial staff for the site, and as the guy who talks to the public through boards and such, I will take the kicking. I must say that I felt good thinking that we were going to be the first ones to show the pic. It's natural in the competitive Disney internet community to feel that way. So, now we wipe the egg off our faces and move on.

If this park is ever built that would be awesome. Since your not the one who wrote the article why must I kick you in the shins? WDW has three water parks one not in use at this time so I believe it could be at River Country that will be changed so it will be put to good use. And yes I do have a vivid imagination. :wave: Happy New Year

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
everybody kick everybody in the shins......................... mine too for even mentioning such an act.

and meg, sweatheart, i wouldnt want to float on Mr. Depp, that pirate outfit looks like it really stinks! lol, but ill let you have my float, just share the rum!!!!

sillyspook13

Poncho1973 said:
Can I kick you in the shins for all the rest of the crap you guys put up? The sewage flows REALLY deep on your site. I like to refer to it as the "National Inquirer" of Disney information. I can't really prove that Princess Di wasn't killed 3-headed aliens with laser-guided spears... but that doesn't make it true. Same with most of the "insider" stories, rumors and "unknown backstories on forgotten attractions" you post.

**edited to fix spelling**
As my mom would say, "Don't hold back- it isn't healthy!" :rolleyes:

CoryMitchell

Poncho1973 said:

Thanks for your kind words. I work hard with Jim and all our other writers at Jim Hill Media, and to hear you call our work sewage really warms my heart. Please keep reading.

Lynx04

wdwmagic said:
That will be tommorow's article ;)

Scott does some great stuff, and his artwork site has been the basis of quite a few rumors. I think Screamscape was one of the first places where I saw Scott's art mentioned, in relation to the Universal concepts.

Yeah I remember that, it was about the JP Jeep ride. One of the things to remember about Imagineering is that they come up with hundreds of concepts, most of them never come to full fruitation, and majority of the time if they do pick a concept, it is never what the original concept papers look like. They almost always redesign it to meet what ever set limitations are given. They are always good to look at though.

AndyP

CoryMitchell said:
steve,
I know who the source is, I obviously can't say who, for job safety reasons. But, I'm confident in the source and the fact that the source didn't just pull the image from Scott Sherman's website.

Amazingly brave of your nameless friend to release the artwork to you so that you could put it all over the internet and say its a friend, especially when the artwork was already online. Whats he doing tomorrow, crossing the road ??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indy95

(Shin-kicking relents)

Disneyland can't build the park...they have their hands tied with DCA (for crying out loud it's vacuuming money out of that resort at an astonishing rate!)

There are so many great ideas for a park like this...slides in and around island forts, inner-tube rides past show scenes of town raids, a "water coaster" themed to an escape from the Black Pearl...ooooooo the mind boggles!

P.S. Cory, those stories are NOT sewage! Everybody else likes them. Believe me. Keep up the good work! (And more attraction-specific articles please please please!)

Scruffy

Oh, that Jim Hill. So good at telling lies that he builds articles around them. He basially takes public knowledge and makes a story about it. For example, the Disney Decade article. We all know about the Disney Decade, if I had the time I could write a story about how these never made attractions were to happen at WDW.

P.S. I feel sorry for Scott Sherman for being ripoff by Mr.Hill. One thing to take an artisit drawing, but to leave his name off it and later at the bottom tell people that he drew it. It was in very poor taste. I really hope Mr. Hill still away from Mr.Sherman's site in the future to make stories.

Legacy

Scruffy said:
Oh, that Jim Hill. So good at telling lies that he builds articles around them. He basially takes public knowledge and makes a story about it. For example, the Disney Decade article. We all know about the Disney Decade, if I had the time I could write a story about how these never made attractions were to happen at WDW.

P.S. I feel sorry for Scott Sherman for being ripoff by Mr.Hill. One thing to take an artisit drawing, but to leave his name off it and later at the bottom tell people that he drew it. It was in very poor taste. I really hope Mr. Hill still away from Mr.Sherman's site in the future to make stories.
If you think you could write the articles, then do it. Jim Hill writes some interesting stuff, and provides a different insight. So he brags a bit and gets some of his facts wrong... so what? The guy has a limited staff and writes a regular column based around facts. If you have a problem with it, either do better or don't read it.

I don't always agree with Jim, but I at least admire the heart he has for Disney.

CoryMitchell said:
steve,
I know who the source is, I obviously can't say who, for job safety reasons. But, I'm confident in the source and the fact that the source didn't just pull the image from Scott Sherman's website.

Isn't it amazing that 99% of all info from that site comes from "secret" sources? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom