Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

WDWJoeG

They've spent so many years devaluing their own back catalog that they no longer know what to do with anything that isn't those two.
And they kowtowed to their DEI department and slandered their all time classics. So idiotic, they should just put the following warning on everything made before 2020:

Attachments

• 5BFA0690-88B4-4FAD-A088-3896FBD093E0.jpeg
    5BFA0690-88B4-4FAD-A088-3896FBD093E0.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 59

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can see a time in the not-too-distant future where some of these studio-run streaming services start to disappear. Disney+ is probably safe because they have so much content that people want to watch. HBOmax will survive because it's essentially just HBO with some additional content and replaced an already-existing service. Peacock could last or it could go away, but I'd bet on it lasting. Paramount+? I'm surprised it's still around. Does Fox have a service? If so, the fact that need to ask means it's not likely to last. I'm not sure if Apple+ survives unless it's out of sheer stubbornness. Outside of Ted Lasso there really isn't much there that generates a buzz. And Discovery+ never should have been created in the first place.
Fox Entertainment bought Tubi.

Apple+'s game was initially not to rely on any studio or to go around buying content. And certainly, they have no back catalog. They thought that they could create must-see TV. That didn't work so well. They're looking to change strategy.

Forgot to mention Epix, which lost the Paramount content and was left with the deep library of MGM, but no ability to create a lot of new content. They were purchased by Amazon Prime.

Paramount can possibly survive if they can get all of Showtime and all the Viacom cable channel content on their streamer sooner than later.

Trauma

This is a disaster. They need to fire Chapek just to focus the blame on an individual, instead of the company at large.

I personally know 7 families that have canceled Disney + in the last week.

I’m not sure what is going to be required to win back consumers, but I am sure that without new leadership and direction the company is in serious trouble.

Jrb1979

This is a disaster. They need to fire Chapek just to focus the blame on an individual, instead of the company at large.

I’m not sure what is going to be required to win back consumers, but I am sure that without new leadership and direction the company is in serious trouble.
They made their bed and they should lay in it. For the supposed leader in the industry, they need to learn from what other amusement park companies are doing to win back guests.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

WDWJoeG

The fact that Chapek is still being kept in the basement is very telling - any other company that is all over the news would have the CEO front and center fighting this battle.

Unlike a president who can hide, but has surrogates in the media, congress, etc to fight their battles, this is getting really embarrassing for a public CEO.

Imagine if this was happening to Tesla (like his fight with CA that lead him to move to Austin) - Musk would be owning the conversation.

BaconPancakes

Oh noes not SEVEN!

BaconPancakes

Let me help you with this. Go look at a stock chart for Disney.

That is not a chart of a company that is having “unprecedented” success.

We can disagree as to why, but I think it’s difficult to dispute the company is currently failing.
Stock market means jack. It’s a fickle beach, and just reacts to what the latest news says. They’ll be back to where they were in no time, bookmark this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom