Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That’s STEWART….

he’s talking about this guy:

1627055683248.jpeg

aaronml

I don’t understand why everyone keeps underestimating Chapek. That includes Iger. I know he gets a lot of hate from fans but he did a great job from a shareholder’s perspective last year.
I’d expect that Iger knows Chapek better than anyone on this board, so I’m inclined to trust his judgement on this.

Beyond Chapek’s signature “charge more for less” move (which isn’t exactly sustainable long term), he hasn’t really done anything of significance since taking over as CEO that Iger or any other half-decent CEO wouldn’t have done.

Jrb1979

I’d expect that Iger knows Chapek better than anyone on this board, so I’m inclined to trust his judgement on this.

Beyond Chapek’s signature “charge more for less” move (which isn’t exactly sustainable long term), he hasn’t really done anything of significance since taking over as CEO that Iger or any other half-decent CEO wouldn’t have done.
Looks good on them

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I beg to differ…chapek has single handedly pre-emptively whizzed on Disney parks core fanbase without having strategy to mask it in place

takes skill
Does anyone else find it interesting that about a week after Zina Mucha announces she's out Insider releases a negative story about the current CEO? No evidence to say these are related, but I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat for a moment and say I find the timing interesting.
Yeah…chapek won that battle

Lilofan

Does anyone else find it interesting that about a week after Zina Mucha announces she's out Insider releases a negative story about the current CEO? No evidence to say these are related, but I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat for a moment and say I find the timing interesting.
As in a past James Bond movie, when M was not satisfying her bosses, she was called into a meeting by her boss to discuss her " retirement planning ".

el_super

Hmmm, super interesting article. Particularly fascinating to hear that Marvel (and ergo Kevin Fiege) were unhappy with the Disney+ play for Black Widow. Combine that with the dismal second weekend drop and you have a combo for a very unhappy studio. Which is especially bad news as it’s the current crown jewel of the whole content side of the company.

It seems strange that so much of this "article" was just focused on the current news over Black Widow. The Black Widow release being mangled could have easily happened under Iger, and seems to be more related to the current climate of in-person theaters and uneasy transition to streaming. It's happening everywhere in Hollywood right now.

Would't it be great if they both disappeared and they hired someone who came up through the park ranks and actually loves the parks and wants to see the parks at their best and not just a cash cow.

No such person exists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom