Rumor Hollywood insiders say there's growing tension at Disney as CEO Bob Chapek chafes at Bob Iger's 'long goodbye'

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Somebody let “Bob” know a few things:

1. The new “bob” isn’t fit as a successor…but that’s what you get when you don’t find one (Roy 3:16)
2. It is a crossroads time for Disney…the media they live off is in transition and all 3 of “bob’s” big IP Buys are in a state of transition. Mostly million dollar wounds…but still.
3. “Bob” is a coward…quitting when the money people found out how bad the plague really was going to be…coming “back” in an ambiguous Public puppet master slot…then leaving…but still hanging around and controlling the board.

in or out, bub

4. the other “Bob” is a clueless Walmart manager. Guess that’s not a great idea, huh?

Last edited:

Rockishcoco

Hmmm, super interesting article. Particularly fascinating to hear that Marvel (and ergo Kevin Fiege) were unhappy with the Disney+ play for Black Widow. Combine that with the dismal second weekend drop and you have a combo for a very unhappy studio. Which is especially bad news as it’s the current crown jewel of the whole content side of the company.

Chapek has proved his ability to ring as much money out of the parks as possible, quality be dammed. But he still has yet to prove he has the insight or skill to run the content side of the company. I really don’t see him lasting long, especially if he keeps making his (powerful) subordinates and board members unhappy.

Giss Neric

I think a lot of countries still don't allow cinemas to be open or not as open as the US, that is why recent movies especially blockbuster Marvel ones are not as performing as expected. Also Disney+ is still not available worldwide like Netflix.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Would't it be great if they both disappeared and they hired someone who came up through the park ranks and actually loves the parks and wants to see the parks at their best and not just a cash cow.
i wish GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I often wonder about the alternate universe with Staggs. Amongst others.
it’s been an oligarchy for decades…when that is what is allowed - you will never get a good “internal”’candidate.

We had some great years under Iger….now for the dark times with chapek lol
But did we? I feel like this was being forewarned.
Would't it be great if they both disappeared and they hired someone who came up through the park ranks and actually loves the parks and wants to see the parks at their best and not just a cash cow.
So like…somebody who comes from the creative ranks….that maybe likes the parks as a showcase…who maybe saw the development/quality as a personal legacy…not just a stock portfolio item?

Lilofan

Matt Ouimet CEO of Cedar Point was a former DLR President that was liked. He went to greener pastures in the mid 2000 to join Starwood Hotels then during the recession was a victim and "left" Starwood, a few years later joined Cedar Point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom