Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2015

ChristianG

I was just chanting "we want Cinderella's Holiday Wish" in my head for about a minute. Anyways. Despite my dislike for all Frozen events, I'm happy to see Disney transitioning to the holidays (my favorite time of the year).

TTA94

On party nights after the 6:15 showing when do they turn the lights off? I'm assuming it's at 7 to help with getting the day guests out? I can't remember from previous years.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It normally sells out - it's a runDisney weekend. There will be a LOT of people here.

It's also usually on a Friday which I'm sure helps drive sales among locals (we usually go the first night when it's a Friday but are waiting until the second week and going on Friday the 13th this year).

I'm a little surprised it's a Sunday this year, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

emcclay

Friday I think? I could be wrong...

Also the tree is reported to be up at MK...

I'll be heading over there today. Yesterday, half the decorations were up. They usually wait on putting up the tree until after the taping of the parade, which is next week.

pajammies

I'm so happy, we will be there in a few days and I know I read that it usually goes up later, so I'm glad we will get to see it.
Out of curiosity, do you know if the parade taping affects our visit at all.
It looks like the parade is moving to 5:00 for taping days?? I question this because on this site it says 3:00 and Touring Plans says 5:00.
ETA: what times are they taping, all day?

Last edited:

bjm72385

I'm amazed every year at how quick they transition from the Halloween to Christmas decorations. I'm curious as to why the tree is already up if they aren't taping for the parade until next week. Could they maybe be taping at the opposite end of Main Street this year to change it up a bit? When I went back in 2012, we were there the Sun-Thurs after they finished taping and the tree was never up then, so we had a fantastic view of the Christmas parade coming down Main Street from the train station balcony. Looks like I may need to change our plans for this year lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom