Holding seats at QS restaurants

correcaminos

Anyone complaining about this is completely ignoring the fact that the "solution" would create even more problems.

Scenario 1: Mom, grandma, grandpa, big sister, and little sister sit at a table while dad and auntie order for the group.

Scenario 2: Mom, grandma, grandpa, big sister, little sister, dad, auntie, their backpacks, and their stroller all get in line and order as a group of seven all at the same time. Grandpa changes his mind about what to order seven times, little sister just pooped her diaper, mom and grandma are being passive aggressive at one another, and big sister is screaming because she's not allowed to eat just pickles for lunch.

I'd argue that scenario 2 is far worse. The people who send the bulk of their party to a table are not being rude, they're actually doing a courtesy for the other guests waiting in line.

This.
Eh we all order our food, but those who don't need to wait in line and take up a ton of space while waiting go get the table. Then one comes back to help with the food trays. Of course if it's just the 3 of us, 2 of us sit. Take turns washing hands and getting stuff. Then the other comes with the food and only has to wash hands as all condiments are there.

I think I like that scenario better than the one you listed. But I'm picky on letting people order ;)

Ricky Spanish

Oh, I was behind scenario #2 on June 11th at Columbia Harbor House.
Seven people in line-4 adults and three small kids.
When they finally got to the register to order, one male adult said, "OK, what should we order?"
Then they decided to look at the menus!
I got the evil eye from my wife when I slipped, "What the F**K".
My bad, but really?
Seven people in line and nobody decides what they want until they get to the register?

And my daughter was holding our table while I ordered.

jaklgreen

Oh, I was behind scenario #2 on June 11th at Columbia Harbor House.
Seven people in line-4 adults and three small kids.
When they finally got to the register to order, one male adult said, "OK, what should we order?"
Then they decided to look at the menus!
I got the evil eye from my wife when I slipped, "What the F**K".
My bad, but really?
Seven people in line and nobody decides what they want until they get to the register?

And my daughter was holding our table while I ordered.

This is a big problem with people now, not just at WDW. They seriously have no consideration for those behind them. I see it every day at work. And these same people that hold up the line because they don't decide what they want while waiting or before they get into the line, are the same ones who complain how long it takes. If you don't know what you want or if everyone in your party is not ready, DON'T GET INTO THE LINE!!!! The restaurant is not going anywhere. Just wait until everyone knows what they want. It is much worse outside of WDW when people are on their lunch break and only have an hour. Please be more considerate of those around you. We live in a society after all. And don't ask your toddler a million times what they want to eat. They are babies, they have no idea. Just order for them.

DisneyGigi

Two sides to this debate- do you want an entire family taking up space, where there is none, in the lines while ordering, slowing it down? Or Mom goes and sits with kids while Dad orders? If you are not eating, or not waiting for an order don’t sit but I see no problem with not having a party of 6 all wait in the crazy small spaces when waiting for QS food. If it is just DH and I, we wait together and find a table, if the grandkids are with us- one person goes with them to find a table, get napkins, high chair and such. Table vultures to me, are people who just want a place to sit or eat food they brought in the park. Not buying food- don’t sit. Eat your packed food on a bench.

harryk

Two sides to this debate- do you want an entire family taking up space, where there is none, in the lines while ordering, slowing it down? Or Mom goes and sits with kids while Dad orders? If you are not eating, or not waiting for an order don’t sit but I see no problem with not having a party of 6 all wait in the crazy small spaces when waiting for QS food. If it is just DH and I, we wait together and find a table, if the grandkids are with us- one person goes with them to find a table, get napkins, high chair and such. Table vultures to me, are people who just want a place to sit or eat food they brought in the park. Not buying food- don’t sit. Eat your packed food on a bench.
What bench? Have not seen many in any of the parks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Table vultures to me, are people who just want a place to sit or eat food they brought in the park. Not buying food- don’t sit. Eat your packed food on a bench.
Nature of the beast. This will continue to happen until Disney (a) stops people from bringing food into the parks, and/or (b) adds table management CMs to the staff (which they do during expected high crowd periods).

ninjaprincesst

This one is just not easy because I can see both sides, for example my Dad has a prosthetic leg and uses a scooter , yes he can stand and walk, but not for very long, and the QS places you have to park the scooter outside so it makes him having to stand until food is obtained a big issue. but on the other hand it's very frustrating to have two trays of food trying to balance and not spill when you can't find a table. I tend to prefer being able to get and save a table though in our case it just makes it easier , my daughter is skinny and fast so she can usually manuver and grab a table for us pretty fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom