Holding on for dear life on new Soarin

Bender123

I had really hoped during the refurb that could have fixed the warped screen.

Yeah...the worst is the Eifel Tower...It just kind of looks like it melted at the start of the scene.

On topic...
The movie seems "faster" and there are more "jump scare" transitions...I get the feeling that it makes it seem more extreme, but it isn't really doing anything new. Its all personal perception.

Mickey5150

Biggest issue with the curves is that the new video has so many buildings such as the Eifel tower or Taj Mahal that easily show curves. The mountains and deserts of California are naturally curvy so the effect wasn't as pronounced.

KBLovedDisney

More like holding on for dear life on ToT, MS, TT, SpaceM, SplashM, EE, and RnR.

Soarin though?...Really...Soarin?
KaajTi7.gif

Once maybe...

disneygeek90

Is the pre flight video the same as the original or has it been updated? :)
It's the same. While you are waiting for it to turn on while people are being assigned rows they have a few map-like "x marks the spot" to the country of places you will end up going. But the "little aviator" preshow video is the exact same.

nicb88

It's the same. While you are waiting for it to turn on while people are being assigned rows they have a few map-like "x marks the spot" to the country of places you will end up going. But the "little aviator" preshow video is the exact same.
Not quite the same.. They’ve edited out the word ‘Disneyland’ from the kid’s tshirt haha.

nicb88

Wasn't that changed when it was taken originally from DL to WDW?
From memory, I don't think so. I remember being confused as to why they had left it in the video! Not that it makes much difference either way. I've never ridden Soarin' at Disneyland, either, given it's the same ride on both coasts, so I haven't got it confused.

Fox&Hound

Make sure you have your heart medicine with you when you go on Flight of Passage.

Is FoP scary for those who have a fear of heights? I have not ridden it and have avoided any videos of it but was curious if you felt like you were going to fall.

I personally prefer Soarin 1.0 but both are fun :)

WannaBWendy

I completely agree with you! The video doesn't scare me at all! It's that durn lift that gets me! And my family always wants to be on the highest level so I leave grip marks in the metal hand holds like I'm a Terminator. Haven't been on FoP so if it doesn't lift I think I'll be fine. :bored:

disneygeek90

I completely agree with you! The video doesn't scare me at all! It's that durn lift that gets me! And my family always wants to be on the highest level so I leave grip marks in the metal hand holds like I'm a Terminator. Haven't been on FoP so if it doesn't lift I think I'll be fine. :bored:
What do you mean by if it "doesn't lift?"

disneygeek90

Probably meant when Soarin' starts, it lifts you X feet into the air. I don't think FoP lifts or does anything like Soarin'. Doesn't it just stay flush with the ground and tilt as needed?
Ohhh, I got ya. There's no lift remotely like Soarin. You are several feet away from where you begin. I think they maybe pull you out 6 feet from the starting pad and you will have drops of a few feet at a time. One of my rides I barely even paid attention to the ride as I was trying to look all around at the ingenuity of the thing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I had really hoped during the refurb that could have fixed the warped screen. I mean you really have to get the perfect seat in the middle for it to not be a distraction. It can be fixed. FoP doesn't have this issue.

Pro Tip: if they don't seat you in the middle, if you ask for the middle and they let you wait for the next group and put you in the middle.
It's not warped. It's the nature of Omnimax.

The issue is shooting too many scenes with clearly defined vertical lines.

correcaminos

Yeah not at all with this one. Even less so with the newer version. Sadly our first experience was on the end and that killed it for us.

Is FoP scary for those who have a fear of heights? I have not ridden it and have avoided any videos of it but was curious if you felt like you were going to fall.

I personally prefer Soarin 1.0 but both are fun :)
It wasn't for me. I dislike heights immensely (except in a roller coaster though) and this didn't bug me at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom