Holding on for dear life on new Soarin

2thDr

My biggest gripe about Soarin' is that the seats have no back support. They cup your bum, but the back sits away from where the bum-cup is, and you can't lean against it.

Goofyernmost

My biggest gripe about Soarin' is that the seats have no back support. They cup your bum, but the back sits away from where the bum-cup is, and you can't lean against it.
Funny, I do! Not quite sure what you are referring too. Can't say it is the most comfortable seating every devised, however, the ride is short and I wasn't planning on taking a quick nap anyway. But, seriously, my back pushes against the back of the seat.

marialexus

This new version has received some mixed reviews, I on the other hand found myself holding on for dear life and getting nervous along with an adrenalin rush, something that has never happened before. Anyone else have the same experience?
I miss the original version. I still like it but the sights sounds and smells were better in the original. They just needed to digitize the video.

Texas84

The 'bum-cup' makes me feel like I'm being pushed out of the chair.
soarinseat.jpg

righttrack

I don't mind heights on coasters and anything that goes fast. I don't like the floating, slow feeling that you get on a ride like Soarin. To me it makes my fear of heights apparent. Granted when riding Soarin last I was 400+ lbs. Today I am half that size. My size always made me worry I'd break something on rides in general (I never have, but in real life, non Disney, I have)

Goofyernmost

I don't mind heights on coasters and anything that goes fast. I don't like the floating, slow feeling that you get on a ride like Soarin. To me it makes my fear of heights apparent. Granted when riding Soarin last I was 400+ lbs. Today I am half that size. My size always made me worry I'd break something on rides in general (I never have, but in real life, non Disney, I have)
Try it again now that you have lost weight... it is a completely different feeling and I found it also helps get rid of some of the fear of heights because you no longer feel like you may lose balance and fall. It is a new world of freedom. Congratulations on the weight loss. Time for life to begin again.

correcaminos

Congrats on the weight loss!

righttrack

Try it again now that you have lost weight... it is a completely different feeling and I found it also helps get rid of some of the fear of heights because you no longer feel like you may lose balance and fall. It is a new world of freedom. Congratulations on the weight loss. Time for life to begin again.

I do think that because of my size, I was pitched much more forward in the seat. An average person is mid-thigh before they reach the end of the seat. My crotch was really at the edge of the seat back then. Will try again. Thx so much you and helenabear for your kind words!

spock8113

I find myself the only adult using the center "Child strap".
I sacrifice comfort for presumed safety and still I get that slipping forward feeling but still FP it everytime!

Haven't seen the updated version yet so I assume the seats haven't changed?

Goofyernmost

I find myself the only adult using the center "Child strap".
I sacrifice comfort for presumed safety and still I get that slipping forward feeling but still FP it everytime!

Haven't seen the updated version yet so I assume the seats haven't changed?
As a new twist to the ride, they have rigged the seats to have the bottom fall out in random places causing the rider to plummet into the scene of hungry Lions. If you're lucky the fall will kill you!
The center strap will not help at all except for the Lions to use as dental floss.

Last edited:

spock8113

As a new twist to the ride, they have rigged the seats to have the bottom fall out in random places causing the rider to plummet into the scene of hungry Lions. If you're lucky the fall will kill you!
The center strap will not help at all.

My report card is in Roman Numerals etched in stone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom