HM rehab news

darthjohnny

Warning!! take screamscape stuff with a grain of salt. Not all stuff from there is true. At all

Actually, most of the stuff from Screamscape is pretty acurate.

They always make it clear if the rumor is confirmed, or if it is just hearsay.

As for the Haunted Mansion, I do hope we can get the Madame Leota floatinge head effect. I really enjoyed that when I was at Disneyland. :)

soin2disney

Oh No...

Please tell me that the rehab is not going to start in April??? We are going to be there from April 14th-24th, and that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE RIDE...Does anyone know when it is suppose to start? :cry:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As of yet, no. It was Now, then March, then July...

`Other influences` are having an effect on the parks current rehab schedule.

soin2disney

other influences???

What are the other influences????? Thanks for the info. I love your avatar. Wish my mom and dad would have taken one of me in 1972...

tirian

As of yet, no. It was Now, then March, then July...

`Other influences` are having an effect on the parks current rehab schedule.

Yes, WDI has been "planning" this refurbishment since the PotC one was first announced! Plans have been drawn, changed, and trashed multiple times.

At one point, Entertainment wanted to make the old HM Fastpass area a Villains Meet-and-Greet. Obviously, that didn't belong in Liberty Square, and the concept was scrapped.

dxwwf3

At one point, Entertainment wanted to make the old HM Fastpass area a Villains Meet-and-Greet. Obviously, that didn't belong in Liberty Square, and the concept was scrapped.

Obviously not belonging hasn't stopped them before :lookaroun

Luckily Entertainment didn't win out on that one.

mikesoccer40

Dreaming of what they could improve

Just imagine what improvements could be made in the animatroics based on the additions to POTC. If you look at how Jack is in that ride and just imagine the bride moving more realistically, the dead coming from the coffin more fully and adding more movement, scare and menace to the grave yard.

The imagination can be pretty nice when you think of the improvements that could be made, while still holding on the overall theme and history.

Littlefitzy2004

The last time I went was in 05 and it looked like it was starting to show its age but at the same time i didnt mind. However im sure its due for nice lengthly rehab..

as long as its not when im there in april lol :animwink:

hokielutz

As long as it starts after my May visit... I'll be happy.
If it is closed when I visit... then I'm just going to have to take a long weeked trip back to ride it. :)

SilentWindODoom

Bad Tink. Bad, bad, horrible joke. Funny, but still horrible, bad pun. :lol:

Marni, are you saying that now the Mansion may not go down until after July? My mom just got the schedule for vacation, and, as she's ranked fourth in seniority in her new office, she had to wait until everyone else chose before being able to choose hers. August, which we'd planned, it out. We can either fit it in May and end on June 1 or September. I'm hoping that one of them won't be during the Mansion's rehab, and I'll push for that one.

If it's not open for my trip, it will be a grave disappointment. :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jfries10

Based on everyones experience and knowlwedge, when do you think Disney would officially annouce any refirbs? I will be there in late April and hope that I can enjoy those classics!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d think they`d announce them when they are definite. There`s 3 players in the MK rehab game, and each one seems to keep shouting they have a reason to jump the queue. Plus a 4th one on the outside is being rather stubborn. Rest assured, when they form an orderly queue at least 2 should have their rehabs this year. Three at a squeeze but I`d be surprised. I`d also be surprised if more than one closed at the same time, unless we have a DLC style problem. Surely things are not that bad in the MK...

The Genii

I went to Hong Kong Disneyland late last year and rode the new electric Autopia cars.

They are quiet, they don't stink, and they make the attraction much more pleasant.

Since there's no sound from the engine, they've got a fake space-ship like whirring sound hooked up with the pedal action that's kind of weird and neat.

Shaman

the problem with this statement is that rumors posted on those sites are by the site creators or people that are presumably "in the know" that post articles. on this site, rumors are posted/created by people like you and me, not the by the site itself (in the left column on the homepage). cant really compare since they are 2 different types of sites.

Exactly! :D
Other sites jump on every bit of info...hoping that out of the ten times they say something one of the items turns out to be true.

I went to Hong Kong Disneyland late last year and rode the new electric Autopia cars.

They are quiet, they don't stink, and they make the attraction much more pleasant.

Since there's no sound from the engine, they've got a fake space-ship like whirring sound hooked up with the pedal action that's kind of weird and neat.

That sounds cool. Hopefully WDW gets this, if in fact they want to keep the speedway.

What ever happened to the bull doze the speedway at WDW scenario? I thought Disney was looking into that? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom