HM rehab news

pheneix

Nope...no rides in danger of killing guests at MK...

Eh... I'd say that Space Mountain and the Indy Speedway are pretty dangerous. Not by neglect, but rather by flaws in the design that no one saw coming back in the 70's.

Oh wait, those dangers are to cast members. They don't count. Nevermind... :animwink:

disnyfan89

I went to MK last night for a few hours and rode haunted mansion. I was suprised when I sat down because I was in a NEW Doombuggie. I also noticed that seven around me where also new. What really interested me the third speaker they installed. The spacing between doombuggies was also different. My friend who was with me and used to live in CA said she reconized the setup for HMH.

You may all take this with a grain of salt but Im sure the HM will be going down next month for refub. to prep and prepare it for HMH. This information coincides with info I posted late last year.

basas

I`d think they`d announce them when they are definite. There`s 3 players in the MK rehab game, and each one seems to keep shouting they have a reason to jump the queue. Plus a 4th one on the outside is being rather stubborn. Rest assured, when they form an orderly queue at least 2 should have their rehabs this year. Three at a squeeze but I`d be surprised. I`d also be surprised if more than one closed at the same time, unless we have a DLC style problem. Surely things are not that bad in the MK...

So Jungle Cruise, Mansion, and Space are the first three, right?

Who is the fourth? POTC again? Peter Pan?

Mansion Butler

I went to MK last night for a few hours and rode haunted mansion. I was suprised when I sat down because I was in a NEW Doombuggie. I also noticed that seven around me where also new. What really interested me the third speaker they installed. The spacing between doombuggies was also different. My friend who was with me and used to live in CA said she reconized the setup for HMH.

You may all take this with a grain of salt but Im sure the HM will be going down next month for refub. to prep and prepare it for HMH. This information coincides with info I posted late last year.

They've been putting in the new buggies here and there for over a year now, that doesn't mean anything. The spacing isn't (and can't possibly be) different.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If I recall correctly POTC was to go down again this year prior to the release of POTC3 movie in order to install more movie related animatronics and I believe the Black Pearl in the bombardment scene at the beginning.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Why would or should they do that. Close it down a year then the next year knowing that the new movie was coming and they would supposedly change it again. Sorry it doesnt sound feasible.

All the orriginal information that came out was that POTC was going to be a two stage rehab. Im not saying that its smart or they should do it. Im just saying that I had not heard that they had axed the second stage.

disnyfan89

They've been putting in the new buggies here and there for over a year now, that doesn't mean anything. The spacing isn't (and can't possibly be) different.
I could definatly touch the Doom-Buggie in front of me all through the attic before. Now I can't! I know it sounds odd but thats the truth!

I am also aware that they have been slowly switching out the buggies but this is the first time I have seen ones like this with the third speaker!

Mansion Butler

I could definatly touch the Doom-Buggie in front of me all through the attic before. Now I can't! I know it sounds odd but thats the truth!

I'm not sure why that would be. The spacing hasn't been changed and it can't be changed. You're talking to a cast member here.

Also, if you could touch the back in the attic before you could touch it everywhere. There are 160 buggies in constant movement, equedistant from eachother. The spacing doesn't change.

Mansion Butler

All the orriginal information that came out was that POTC was going to be a two stage rehab. Im not saying that its smart or they should do it. Im just saying that I had not heard that they had axed the second stage.

When the cast was informed of the rehab it was indeed a two stage rehab. The first stage was minor improvements (march) the second stage was putting in the new characters and effects (may).

Those where the two phases. It was open for april in between them. We were never informed of a third phase.

TP2000

When the cast was informed of the rehab it was indeed a two stage rehab. The first stage was minor improvements (march) the second stage was putting in the new characters and effects (may).

Those where the two phases. It was open for april in between them. We were never informed of a third phase.

At Disneyland they just kept it down for the entire time, even longer, spent a lot more money and got a lot more done with the Pirates rehab.

Perhaps the "next phase" for the WDW version was to simply catch up to what they did at Disneyland the first time?

There were rumors about an additional rehab for Disneyland's Pirates to install Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom animatronics. But according to Miceage that was shelved for now in favor of spending 15 Million dollars on redoing Tom Sawyer Island into "Pirate's Lair" in time for the third movie premiere hel at Disneyland on May 19th.

Mansion Butler

At Disneyland they just kept it down for the entire time, even longer, spent a lot more money and got a lot more done with the Pirates rehab.

There was the possibility of that at WDW, too. In fact, they didn't decide to open in inbetween until the afternoon that they actually opened it.

ToTBellHop

There was the possibility of that at WDW, too. In fact, they didn't decide to open in inbetween until the afternoon that they actually opened it.
Really? It was announced well before that it would open for spring break...notice right from WDWMagic:

17 January 2006: Pirates of the Caribbean rehab

Pirates of the Caribbean is set for some rehab work early this year. Whilst still not confirmed, it currently looks like Pirates will go down in March for some essential maintenance, will reopen for the busy Easter period in April, and will then close for some show rehab work in May and June. There is no information yet on what the show rehab will include, but there is the potential for some movie related items to be installed.

And then

8 February 2006: Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment schedule

To update the 17 January update below, it is now confirmed that Pirates will be refurbished in a 2 stage process. The attraction will be closed Wednesday, March 1, and will then reopen on Saturday April 1. During this first phase, there will be no noticeable changes in the show. Pirates will then close again on Monday May 1 and will reopen by July 7 2006.

disnyfan89

I'm not sure why that would be. The spacing hasn't been changed and it can't be changed. You're talking to a cast member here.

Also, if you could touch the back in the attic before you could touch it everywhere. There are 160 buggies in constant movement, equedistant from eachother. The spacing doesn't change.
It may be just the design of the new Doom-Buggies then that keeps me from touching the one in front! I also never really tried to reach out and touch the doom-buggie anywhere else on the ride. New or Old. Thankyou for your info though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom