HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Rush

I’m placing my bets on Space Mountain being the reimagined attraction.

Also, I will be honest, my latest visit to HKDL changed my perception of it’s Fantasyland. I think it’s quite nice, actually. The two gardens provide a lovely ambiance with the gorgeous greenery and topiaries, and work great as walkthroughs and locations for M&G’s. I find the theming around Mad Tea Party to be pretty, and i love that It’s a Small World has it’s own sub-area. It’s the land with the most well balanced attraction offerings and now that there’s Arendelle, I don’t think it’s in need of an aesthetic plussing-up either, considering the direction of that would likely be another fantasy-style village in the same vein as Anaheim’s. I would much rather they focus on Tomorrowland/Stark Expo and the plots connected to Toy Story Land and Adventureland.

denyuntilcaught

My attention is on the Marvel-themed area/attraction - because the R&D that's shared with another park (DCA?) means this may be finally getting off the ground in both?

IMDREW

Is it really true that they’ve so far only spent HALF of the total budget?!

Ive been hearing Space Mountain retheme or Philarmagic changing to a Peter Pans Flight. Though that one sounds more as wishful thinking.

Also that new parade thats coming.

Gusey

Project "Re-Imagine" seems to indicate an update to an existing attraction, rather than a new attraction. Does HKDL's Space Mountain need a re-track soon (when was the last one?)
The Jungle Cruise has recently seen an updated "Trapped Safari" scene, so any chance that it isn't the Jungle Cruise getting an update?

Rush

HKDL is set on differentiating itself from SHDL, hence why I don’t see them bringing in Peter Pan. I guess aside from Space Mountain, the “re-imagining” could be a new film going into PhilharMagic?

denyuntilcaught

Project "Re-Imagine" seems to indicate an update to an existing attraction, rather than a new attraction. Does HKDL's Space Mountain need a re-track soon (when was the last one?)
The Jungle Cruise has recently seen an updated "Trapped Safari" scene, so any chance that it isn't the Jungle Cruise getting an update?
That Trapped Safari scene, however lovely, probably cost like $7. I sense that wouldn't be enough of a wow factor to be included in this sort of presentation or be deemed a re-imagining?

IMDREW

I do wish they went with the quinjet version of the ride instead of the Spidey knock off. Will it still be multiverse king thanos? Or have they come to their senses?

Supersnow84

Paris gave up its share of the quinjet funding when it reduced the scope of WDS (or whatever its new name is) that’s also when they dumped the mini galaxy’s edge

If a quinjet is getting off the ground it’ll only be from DCA and HKDL

MatheusPG

Another 2 parks 👋
Paris, with this, plus the new version of Frozen from HK, Fantasmic at the lagoon, and a Pandora land or the small Radiator Springs area being planned for the Magic Kingdom, would make Walt Disney Studios Paris a really nice jewel at Disneyland Paris. I went for the 25th anniversary and loved all the rides and shows; overall, it was a great experience.

Ismael Flores

I wonder if Hong Kong will ever expand outside the original park. I am still surprised that they have not at least built up the walkway from station to the park or the park to the pier. Wasn't that area suppose to be their Downtown Disney area? It is still kind of sad that there is nothing along the promenade. A few good eateries and shops would be perfect.

Supersnow84

I wonder if Hong Kong will ever expand outside the original park. I am still surprised that they have not at least built up the walkway from station to the park or the park to the pier. Wasn't that area suppose to be their Downtown Disney area? It is still kind of sad that there is nothing along the promenade. A few good eateries and shops would be perfect.
I think that’ll be next, if the avengers ride that’s now being started can push the attendance into the realm of 8.5+ then there is definitely justification for a downtown Disney

You never know that may come sooner, I believe I read somewhere they expected everything they built thus far to cost more than the 48% of the budget they spent so they might have a spare billion HKD lying around to get a world of Disney a Starbucks and 3 restaurants

Rush

Tarzan’s Treehouse is currently closed and completely covered in scrims. Could it be the re-imagined attraction in question?

Edit; adding to the conversation regarding a possible Downtown Disney, I’ve changed my opinion and now think there’s really no need for it. The city is a short train ride away where there’ll be better shopping and dining, and the park barely operates all of it’s dining places. The only thing they can maybe justify building is a World of Disney, and even that is not really a necessity as mainstreet does the job right now, in addition to hotel shops for guests staying on property. Every resort is unique and Hong Kong is unique in that it might not ever need a R/D district.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m sure if it’s considered needed / profitable something would be built between park and station. They’ll have spreadsheets galore of demand / cost / percentage of guests who’d eat or shop outside of the park.

Supersnow84

The only problem with the “it’s too close to the city” is that it isn’t the most convenient since they don’t run through services from Disneyland to the main island so you have to do the connection at sunny bay

Honestly ikspiri is “less needed” because it’s literally only like 12 minutes from maihama to ginza

I definitely agree they have more data than we do but when I’m staying at the hotels I do wish I didn’t need to do the 35 or so minute double train ride into Hong Kong

Sir_Cliff

The only problem with the “it’s too close to the city” is that it isn’t the most convenient since they don’t run through services from Disneyland to the main island so you have to do the connection at sunny bay

Honestly ikspiri is “less needed” because it’s literally only like 12 minutes from maihama to ginza

I definitely agree they have more data than we do but when I’m staying at the hotels I do wish I didn’t need to do the 35 or so minute double train ride into Hong Kong
I would think, though, just having so many more people circulating through TDR on a daily basis would make a big difference regarding whether a retail and dining district separate from the parks would be viable.

My suspicion is that day guests more than hotel guests would determine whether a Downtown Disney-style area would work at HKDL. I'm sure the dining options in the park and the hotels themselves are more than enough to cater for guests on most if not all nights, so it would be more a question of whether they could get guests to spend more time and money by giving them somewhere beyond the park to dine and shop. Despite the recent strong numbers, it wouldn't surprise me if the numbers are still not there at this stage.

Aramar

I haven't been to HKDL yet, but I think a small Downtown Disney/Disney Village would be nice, even if it's just the basic: World of Disney, Lego Store, Pandora shop and Starbucks (or whatever brands are more popular there). Right now when the park closes you must go back to the hotel or go to the city since there's nothing else to do after taking pics of the beautiful fountain. Having a couple of shops and a place to have a drink would be good.

Is there any café or bakery in the metro station next to the park? It would be useful to have a place to have breakfast if you arrive before the park opens, for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom