• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land?????

IMDREW

Advertisement
^ Good eye. For me, the flying buttresses spiraling up the main tower are by far the best aspect of the new castle, so I'll be disappointed if that aspect is reduced or diminished. It does look like they skipped one.
View attachment 407177

Edit: While the model has five, the latest front art shows three and it seems that is what is being built. I like the model's five better.
I thought maybe it's better for the nighttime show projections. Because they have three now instead of the original five, it leaves a bit more flat wall to project upon.. Still think the model version is better though, but it's something I can live with. I'm really loving how it's turning out!

ParkPeeker

The castle fits really well with their medieval festival fantasyland

source: Hong Kong Main Street Gazette l 大街小報 on youtube

All of you calling it Frankenstein castle, start calling it Quasimodo castle instead. This is Quasimodo castle and no one can tell me differently

RandySavage

The castle fits really well with their medieval festival fantasyland
I thought similarly seeing this pic:
Whether accidental or intentional (colors were likely the latter), I'm seeing a uniformity of feel.

And even if that uniformity is one of basic ornamentation or artificial surface texture, that consistency between the castle and Fantasyland is better than an inconsistency.

dennis-in-ct

I wonder if the DLR park would ever consider a similar treatment of their castle.
Would people allow Walt's original castle to be reworked? I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

thequeuelinelectures

I wonder if the DLR park would ever consider a similar treatment of their castle.
Would people allow Walt's original castle to be reworked? It wouldn't surprise.

I hold very very little sacred and don’t really care at all about persevering some perceived version of “Walt’s vision”...and even I would break out a sign to protest this. It’ll never happen.

IMDREW

The castle fits its surrounding much better then expected !
(on a side not, the lack of crowd in these pictures is really scary...)
Yeah, it's a really rough time for HKDL and HK in general. The tourism at the moment is next to nothing with the strikes going on.. I myself have decided to visit Shanghai instead of HK next year, cause I don't know what the political situation will be.

Top Bottom