HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Animaniac93-98

This is Quasimodo castle

No, THIS is Quasimodo Castle

RandySavage

The castle fits really well with their medieval festival fantasyland
I thought similarly seeing this pic:

Whether accidental or intentional (colors were likely the latter), I'm seeing a uniformity of feel.

And even if that uniformity is one of basic ornamentation or artificial surface texture, that consistency between the castle and Fantasyland is better than an inconsistency.

thequeuelinelectures

I wonder if the DLR park would ever consider a similar treatment of their castle.
Would people allow Walt's original castle to be reworked? It wouldn't surprise.

I hold very very little sacred and don’t really care at all about persevering some perceived version of “Walt’s vision”...and even I would break out a sign to protest this. It’ll never happen.

ParkPeeker

hkmsg has a bunch of new photos
EEKj-k6VUAAYGML.jpg

EEKkr9OU8AAoBrb.jpg

EEKjhvIVAAcixv4.jpg

the roof kinda fits with the train station.

IMDREW

The castle fits its surrounding much better then expected !
(on a side not, the lack of crowd in these pictures is really scary...)
Yeah, it's a really rough time for HKDL and HK in general. The tourism at the moment is next to nothing with the strikes going on.. I myself have decided to visit Shanghai instead of HK next year, cause I don't know what the political situation will be.

iluvTDS

Yeah, it's a really rough time for HKDL and HK in general. The tourism at the moment is next to nothing with the strikes going on.. I myself have decided to visit Shanghai instead of HK next year, cause I don't know what the political situation will be.
You probably should consider going elsewhere, maybe consider visiting Tokyo for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride? There is rising anti-western sentiments in mainland China with some reports of westerners being physically assaulted for supporting HK. IMO it is too risky to visit both the HK and Shanghai parks in the foreseeable future.

IMDREW

You probably should consider going elsewhere, maybe consider visiting Tokyo for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride? There is rising anti-western sentiments in mainland China with some reports of westerners being physically assaulted for supporting HK. IMO it is too risky to visit both the HK and Shanghai parks in the foreseeable future.
Oh I did not know that.. I'm going to Indonesia for my work and was planning to add a little stop there on the way back. Via Tokyo is considerably more expensive than Shanghai and HK (I live in the Netherlands), but maybe it would be wiser to avoid china for now. It's so hard to decide now, in a year the whole situation could be different, for better or worse.. Thanks for your reply btw!

halbjobri

hkmsg has a bunch of new photos
EEKj-k6VUAAYGML.jpg

EEKkr9OU8AAoBrb.jpg

EEKjhvIVAAcixv4.jpg

the roof kinda fits with the train station.

Is it just me or does it look like the Grauman's Chinese Theater? 😂
So excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom