HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

PymParty

I think that the building you circled on the right is only a hidden part of the show building for Iron Man Experience.
Lets hope we get DCA's massive e-ticket, I think it is the best we can hope for.
However, I think more shops and restaurants themed to Marvel will also open in 2023

thequeuelinelectures

It's funny that the conversation was always, "Will DCA get the E ticket from Hong Kong??"and now it's switched too "Will Hong Kong actually build DCA's E ticket??". I'd venture to say there is some story there related to the troubled development of this attraction but it's weird that the D23 presentation didn't even mention HK when it comes to this ride

HKDLer

I’m hearing rumours that a Star Expo theme Restaurant is coming in the future. Will this be a reimagined project?
79CD3908-3FAD-4106-BF70-6B0C9D920497.jpeg

Yes they will be retheming Starliner Diner (far right) into a Marvel restaurant.

“The building next to IMX” is part of the existing IMX building. They just drew some windows in the artist impression to make it look better. If you cut through the wall inside is the defunct fastpass queue (now utilised for priority/GAC admission) for the ride.

Regarding the 2021 reimagined project and 2023 Marvel ride, the HKDL management had signed a deal that would allow the Star Wars ip to be leveraged for five years since the Tomorrowland Takeover in 2016. Hence in 2021, Hyperspace Mountain and Jedi Training (which now occupies a parcel of Autopia) will end their operations to make way for a new overlay (hopefully not Marvel-related) and the commencement of the Avengers ride respectively.

HKDLer

Concept art for Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs:

hkdl2309498749583709283423.jpg
Extract from official press release:
The new “Frozen” area will feature a one-of-a-kind coaster called Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs that will take guests on a winding journey through Arendelle. Each experience on Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs begins when you visit Oaken’s infamous store. Then, Olaf and Sven help pull your sled to the top of the lift before sending you on your way.

From the concept image, looks like they’re adopting the same seat configuration (8 rows x 2 riders) as that of Disney’s other kiddie coasters, e.g. Gadget’s Go Coaster. It may still feature a unique layout but I don’t think we should expect something akin to 7DMT, given the space allowed.

According to the press release, to me it sounds like there will only be one lift hill throughout the entire ride. I hope the imagineers make good use of the lift and train holds for show scenes, like what they did for BGM, 7DMT and SDD.

MagicHK

RandySavage

That 3d scan/model is cool!

View attachment 403047

I wonder what the thought process at WDI was in making those narrow rear windows go up to the roof molding in reality, rather than end in arches as in the model?

The latter is something reflective of the castle's era, whereas what they changed it to is a visually modern method one might associate with an office building. Strange choice.

IMDREW

The new “Frozen” area will feature a one-of-a-kind coaster called Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs that will take guests on a winding journey through Arendelle. Each experience on Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs begins when you visit Oaken’s infamous store. Then, Olaf and Sven help pull your sled to the top of the lift before sending you on your way.

From the concept image, looks like they’re adopting the same seat configuration (8 rows x 2 riders) as that of Disney’s other kiddie coasters, e.g. Gadget’s Go Coaster. It may still feature a unique layout but I don’t think we should expect something akin to 7DMT, given the space allowed.

According to the press release, to me it sounds like there will only be one lift hill throughout the entire ride. I hope the imagineers make good use of the lift and train holds for show scenes, like what they did for BGM, 7DMT and SDD.
Oh no, I was hoping for at least a copy of 7DMT. Something less would be disappointing for me..

malice

Yeah, when I saw the new concept art I also thought it would be a minimally sized coaster a la Gadget/Barnstormer or Flight of the Hippogriff. At least the theming will be top notch. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s anything more.

ParkPeeker

The latter is something reflective of the castle's era, whereas what they changed it to is a visually modern method one might associate with an office building. Strange choice.
Looking at the 3D model, that middle part of the building sort of reminds me of the Empire State Building, or some type of skyscraper with that stacked box look, maybe that’s why? Who knows 🤔

ParkPeeker

Everyone says enchanted storybook castle is a hodgepodge just because it represents all the princesses, which always confuses me cause that castle is so uniform.

Castle of magical dreams on the other hand... they really wanted each representation to have it’s own character. They really did go all out. It’ll be interesting to see how it all comes together.

ParkPeeker

Ok, not gunna lie, I like the red white gold and greenish colors together. But with the bright aquamarine color... idk about that

Disneylover152

I don’t get it, they want to differentiate themselves with Shanghai, but now they are just copying them. Reddish castle, castle celebrating all the princesses. It doesn’t seem like they’re trying to differentiate the two...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom