HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

RandySavage

Ok now I'm curious what it would look like if the red in that picture matched the gold at the top? Could you please make an edit with all the roofs gold?
First the matching reds...
Castle HKDL revamp 1a.jpg

then, all golds...
Castle HKDL revamp 1b.jpg

Last edited:

jaques21

its gonna look great! I was there 2 weeks ago and the castle they have now is SO SMALL, all I saw at the "marvel Land" was Iron man and the building that is housing Antman & Wasp, not sure its gonna be a marvel land since right next door to iron man there is the Space Mountain version of HK with Star Wars make over.

Ismael Flores

its gonna look great! I was there 2 weeks ago and the castle they have now is SO SMALL, all I saw at the "marvel Land" was Iron man and the building that is housing Antman & Wasp, not sure its gonna be a marvel land since right next door to iron man there is the Space Mountain version of HK with Star Wars make over.

The large property that was used for Autopia will be the location of more Marvel attractions. Post #6 and #18 give you a good idea of what it will look like and the land they will use.

here is a quick google map reference,

Blue Antman and Wasp Attraction
Red Iron an attraction
Green future Marvel Avengers attraction

MArvel.jpg

Last edited:

IMDREW

I think they're trying to avoid the typical blue castle rooftops with the new Frozen Arendelle castle coming right behind it. Would probably look too similar. I guess that's why they're going more towards the reds and golds for the main castle. IMO they should combine the reds and golds, but completely remove the blue if this is what they're going with.

Timothy_Q

I imagine it'll still be considered part of Tomorrowland

Brainleech419

The large property that was used for Autopia will be the location of more Marvel attractions. Post #6 and #18 give you a good idea of what it will look like and the land they will use.

here is a quick google map reference,

Blue Antman and Wasp Attraction
Red Iron an attraction
Green future Marvel Avengers attraction

View attachment 341235
have they started doing any work for 3rd attraction or is still the abandon autopia

Timothy_Q

thats a good question, i would thing land clearing probably started. that way then can open the attraction 2022. that seems to be the year that several construction projects are aiming for around the world
The avengers ride was initially marked for 2023, before all HKD projects got delayed a year.

So if the plan is 2024, I'd expect work to begin next year

IMDREW

Will the taller castle ruin the "grand reveal" that I assume currently exists? I've never been to HKDL, but if it's anything like Disneyland California, you don't get to see the castle until you turn the corner from Town Square onto Main Street.
Well... there never really was a “grand reveal” in this park. I remember my first time going there with my family, and when they turned the corner they started laughing at how small the castle was. So imo it’s going to fix the grand reveal instead of removing it.

jaxonp

Well... there never really was a “grand reveal” in this park. I remember my first time going there with my family, and when they turned the corner they started laughing at how small the castle was. So imo it’s going to fix the grand reveal instead of removing it.

The grand reveal of the small castle is that you cannot see it outside the park.

PymParty

Regarding the Avengers E-ticket coming in 2023, I was wondering how they will be able to build the show building as the train depot (circled red) is located next to the designated plot for the attraction (circled green), with the rail line serving the depot (circled yellow) crossing the plot in the centre of it. I think it would be too costly to move the depot and we can see that it is still there on the expansion map.
How can disney manage to build the land and attraction with out-of-theme train rails crossing the plot ? Note that the tracks are raised to pass over Autopia.
I hope they don't build a show building half the size of the original plan that fits only on one side of the track...
With Autopia it was easy, the rails were passing over the circuit...
Capture d’écran 2019-01-19 à 15.14.25.png
Capture d’écran 2019-01-19 à 15.17.28.png

RandySavage

^It's a good question. I think it they will re-route the extention RR track with a more extreme S-curve (similar to Star Wars Land) to maximize the area available for Avengers. It would still take up the Autopia area above and left of Space Mountain, but would give them the required space (the right half of your yellow loop to Iron Man) to fit the showbuilding.

BrianLo

The avengers ride was initially marked for 2023, before all HKD projects got delayed a year.

So if the plan is 2024, I'd expect work to begin next year

The presumption (although we don't know for sure) is that the Marvel attraction would still be expected for 2023. Most other projects were pushed back because of the delayed construction start time, which obviously does not effect this attraction.

I assume we'll see site prep starting later this year.

RandySavage

This twitter account, which looks to be the go-to for HKDL updates, mentions it's for Frozen:
https://twitter.com/hkdl_of_fantasy

They posted an interesting side view which shows the depth of the castle project:
Dxfdrp6UwAAXFVg.jpg

They also posted a pic of Arendelle. The tan buildings were extant. The rebar is just starting to go above ground.
DwUffmCUYAARBZz.jpg

credit: https://twitter.com/hkdl_of_fantasy

Last edited:

This twitter account, which looks to be the go-to for HKDL updates, mentions it's for Frozen:
https://twitter.com/hkdl_of_fantasy

They posted an interesting side view which shows the depth of the castle project:
View attachment 343129

They also posted a pic of Arendelle. The tan buildings were extant. The rebar is just starting to go above ground.
View attachment 343131
credit: https://twitter.com/hkdl_of_fantasy
but isn't wandering oaken changed to a roller coaster ride?

Ismael Flores

Regarding the Avengers E-ticket coming in 2023, I was wondering how they will be able to build the show building as the train depot (circled red) is located next to the designated plot for the attraction (circled green), with the rail line serving the depot (circled yellow) crossing the plot in the centre of it. I think it would be too costly to move the depot and we can see that it is still there on the expansion map.
How can disney manage to build the land and attraction with out-of-theme train rails crossing the plot ? Note that the tracks are raised to pass over Autopia.
I hope they don't build a show building half the size of the original plan that fits only on one side of the track...
With Autopia it was easy, the rails were passing over the circuit...
View attachment 341937View attachment 341938

depending on the attraction layout they can possibly leave the tracks in the approximate same location but at ground level.

build a long tunnel within the huge show building and the track and train would not be visible.
the new huilding also seems to extend over the track between space mountain and iron man.

Im guessing that small visible of track that passes thru the land will also go thru a themed tunnel in that area within the front of building.

something like what they will do with Tron at MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom