HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Asa

New investments in HKDL are very unlikely in the near future. Even if Josh D'Amaro was hugely impressed, WDC cannot invest alone, they need to convince HK govt to invest an almost equal share as well, which needs to pass through LegCo and that, in today's political and economic climate, isn't going to happen. LegCo will quickly remind WDC the planned Avengers' Ride that WDC still hasn't got around to building for HKDL, but was already paid for.

Rush

It's been established that things are going to cool down expansion wise after Frozen opens. The only other thing on the horizons is the Avengers E-Ticket, which we have no clue when they'll start working on.

SplashJacket

New investments in HKDL are very unlikely in the near future. Even if Josh D'Amaro was hugely impressed, WDC cannot invest alone, they need to convince HK govt to invest an almost equal share as well, which needs to pass through LegCo and that, in today's political and economic climate, isn't going to happen. LegCo will quickly remind WDC the planned Avengers' Ride that WDC still hasn't got around to building for HKDL, but was already paid for.
Already paid for as in money sitting in escrow? Or funding commited to?

No Name

It's been established that things are going to cool down expansion wise after Frozen opens. The only other thing on the horizons is the Avengers E-Ticket, which we have no clue when they'll start working on.
I remember thinking a 2023 opening for the Avengers ride was too far away when they announced it in 2016!

Moon knight

Hong Kong teams want their own version of W.E.B : a Spider-Man adventure alongside a relatively cheap Avengers E-ticket attraction where Autopia once was.

Philharmagic should have been transformed, by now, into Peter Pan's Flight but, I guess, the new COCO sequence was enough to revitalize this attraction...

Some small-scale Duffy and Friends attractions have been proposed too (a little bus-bar dark ride, a permanent interactive walkthrough in Main Street similar to Toontown's, etc.). I just don't get why asian disney fans are so enamoured of those creepy characters (except Gelatoni).

hahahkoi

Hong Kong teams want their own version of W.E.B : a Spider-Man adventure alongside a relatively cheap Avengers E-ticket attraction where Autopia once was.

Philharmagic should have been transformed, by now, into Peter Pan's Flight but, I guess, the new COCO sequence was enough to revitalize this attraction...

Some small-scale Duffy and Friends attractions have been proposed too (a little bus-bar dark ride, a permanent interactive walkthrough in Main Street similar to Toontown's, etc.). I just don't get why asian disney fans are so enamoured of those creepy characters (except Gelatoni).
Totally bad news for me

IMDREW

Yes to Peter Pans Flight

PiratesMansion

They know they could just build Toy Story Mania in their Toy Story land and get a better ride than Webslingers, right?

Like...it's not exactly hard to build something better than Webslingers.

Moon knight

They know they could just build Toy Story Mania in their Toy Story land and get a better ride than Webslingers, right?

Like...it's not exactly hard to build something better than Webslingers.
W.E.B Slingers is far better than TSM. The ride has a more consistent storyline, a preshow and cool vehicles.

You guys shouldn't have it in DCA, in the first place because, just like the Pueblo Deco Tower of Terror, it was initially designed for WDS as a replacement for TSM in Paris since DLP teams didn't want to build TSM in Paris.

So, now the attraction does the job. Americans seem a bit childish to compare this attraction ,since day 1 to the E-ticket ride of IoA. W.E.B was never meant to be an E-ticket and has never been sold as such.

Some Europeans even call it " the best ride of the resort", you should realize how lucky you are to have a resort which opens new rides every two years or so cuz Disneyland Park (DLP) didn't open a true new attraction since 1995.

J4546

Most people I talk to (outside this forum) love Webslingers for what it is. Myself included, its a fun interactive dark ride that gets your heart rate up.

PiratesMansion

W.E.B Slingers is far better than TSM. The ride has a more consistent storyline, a preshow and cool vehicles.

You guys shouldn't have it in DCA, in the first place because, just like the Pueblo Deco Tower of Terror, it was initially designed for WDS as a replacement for TSM in Paris since DLP teams didn't want to build TSM in Paris.

So, now the attraction does the job. Americans seem a bit childish to compare this attraction ,since day 1 to the E-ticket ride of IoA. W.E.B was never meant to be an E-ticket and has never been sold as such.

Some Europeans even call it " the best ride of the resort", you should realize how lucky you are to have a resort which opens new rides every two years or so cuz Disneyland Park (DLP) didn't open a true new attraction since 1995.
Best ride in the resort for Webslingers is QUITE a take. I get that there's not much new at Disneyland Paris and the Studios, but still. That's just sad.

If you love Webslingers, great. I personally think that in DCA's case it's redundant in the same park as TSMM, and generally speaking not a big enough improvement on, say, Ninjango at Legoland to be worth anything or to be worthwhile of any significant hype. And since adding TSMM is basically the only obvious addition to TSL, I figure it'd suit Hong Kong better to add that and figure something else out for the Avengers that's better than Webslingers. Which, from my perspective, shouldn't be a hard task at all. And AntMan is RIGHT THERE in Hong Kong too-they certainly don't need two Marvel interactive rides basically right next to each other. They're not that different (and neither of them are particularly good rides IMO).

One person's "more consistent storyline" is another person's "TSMM is fairly honest about what it is, and Webslingers by comparison has delusions of grandeur."

And you can say that it's dumb to compare the two Spider-Man rides, but let's be honest; if WDW, tomorrow, opened an Indiana Jones-themed spinner, would people embrace it or be thunderstruck that they didn't just bring over the Indy ride from Disneyland? I suspect most people who had ANY knowledge of the DL Indy ride wouldn't be so forgiving. I will remain nonplussed that with all of Disney's money and resources, and access to arguably the most popular Superhero IP in the world, that Webslingers is apparently the best they can do, but perhaps that doesn't matter when the ride as it exists now is clearly "good enough" for some. YMMV.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom