HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Asa

I am inclined to think that HKDL will probably open the land in stages, with one of the rides opening first before the other rides opening at a later time.

November is traditionally a low tourist season so I think it will be the perfect time to open new attractions.

kingo515

These things really made me very sad, and it also made me very speechless with the management of HKDL. I don’t know what to do, but I try to talk about what happened to HKDL last friday.
First of all, HKDL deliberately held a Duffy event last friday through the visit of high-level officials, and even invited popular local idols as guests. so that fans of the idols could be present, so as to create the illusion that HKDL usually has many tourists.
Not only that, HKDL also uses the idol's face and fame to promote duffy merchandise, I don't think this is what Disneyland should do, I feel so bad about it.
The most exaggerated thing is that HKDL deliberately increased the amount of fireworks released last friday, but it would reduce the number of fireworks in normal times to perfuse tourists.
I’m so speechless of HKDL's behavior. I really want to let Disney's senior management know the truth. HKDL's management will only make the park never progress. I really don't want to see my home park become like this…

hahahkoi

These things really made me very sad, and it also made me very speechless with the management of HKDL. I don’t know what to do, but I try to talk about what happened to HKDL last friday.
First of all, HKDL deliberately held a Duffy event last friday through the visit of high-level officials, and even invited popular local idols as guests. so that fans of the idols could be present, so as to create the illusion that HKDL usually has many tourists.
Not only that, HKDL also uses the idol's face and fame to promote duffy merchandise, I don't think this is what Disneyland should do, I feel so bad about it.
The most exaggerated thing is that HKDL deliberately increased the amount of fireworks released last friday, but it would reduce the number of fireworks in normal times to perfuse tourists.
I’m so speechless of HKDL's behavior. I really want to let Disney's senior management know the truth. HKDL's management will only make the park never progress. I really don't want to see my home park become like this…
But what can we do? Leave a comment on their Twitter and hope they can read it?

SplashJacket

What are the potential negative consequences of this? Disney execs believe the park has more potential than they really do? If that's the case, wouldn't they want even greater investment into HKDL?

kingo515

What are the potential negative consequences of this? Disney execs believe the park has more potential than they really do? If that's the case, wouldn't they want even greater investment into HKDL?
The biggest problem is that the management of HKDL knows what is lacking in the park, but instead of improving the problem, they just cover up the fact.
Ever since Mickey floral was converted to Duffy's, HKDL's decisions have upset local fans.
Local fans questioned that the management of HKDL is not familiar with the history of Disneyland and only knows how to make money.
I think only by changing the management of HKDL can the situation of the park improve, otherwise even if the park is expanded, it will not help at all.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

The biggest problem is that the management of HKDL knows what is lacking in the park, but instead of improving the problem, they just cover up the fact.
Ever since Mickey floral was converted to Duffy's, HKDL's decisions have upset local fans.
Local fans questioned that the management of HKDL is not familiar with the history of Disneyland and only knows how to make money.
I think only by changing the management of HKDL can the situation of the park improve, otherwise even if the park is expanded, it will not help at all.
What's lacking then to you? Extra pyro?

I feel like showing execs an enhanced show that's great with a packed park will only make them more likely to increase budgets and spur investment.

Rush

The biggest problem is that the management of HKDL knows what is lacking in the park, but instead of improving the problem, they just cover up the fact
I was under the impression that the park has been doing good lately at attracting and creating a local base and these types of events are some of their methods of achieving that. The use of celebrities in events and putting more into events where executives are present are regular things that companies, including Disney do all the time. So many good things are on the horizons for HKDL and I hope management can regain the trust of it's local base.

Edit;

The comment made me further wonder. Do you and the other local fans not like the Duffy inclusion in the park?

kingo515

What's lacking then to you? Extra pyro?

I feel like showing execs an enhanced show that's great with a packed park will only make them more likely to increase budgets and spur investment.
I don't think it's just a lack of material things.
HKDL is considered by local fans to lack the Disney spirit that other Disney parks possess.
For example, they believe that using idols to promote products is a publicity method used by ordinary shopping malls, not what a Disney park should have.

kingo515

I was under the impression that the park has been doing good lately at attracting and creating a local base and these types of events are some of their methods of achieving that. The use of celebrities in events and putting more into events where executives are present are regular things that companies, including Disney do all the time. So many good things are on the horizons for HKDL and I hope management can regain the trust of it's local base.

Edit;

The comment made me further wonder. Do you and the other local fans not like the Duffy inclusion in the park?
Of course there are many fans who like Duffy, and I don't dislike Duffy either.
But I and most of the local fans think that HKDL's replacement of Mickey's floral with Duffy's is disrespectful to the history of Disneyland, and we value the concept of "It All Started With A Mouse".
Regarding the fact that Duffy replaced Mickey, the local fans thought that the park was too eager for quick success and ignored the fans' feelings.

Is
Of course there are many fans who like Duffy, and I don't dislike Duffy either.
But I and most of the local fans think that HKDL's replacement of Mickey's floral with Duffy's is disrespectful to the history of Disneyland, and we value the concept of "It All Started With A Mouse".
Regarding the fact that Duffy replaced Mickey, the local fans thought that the park was too eager for quick success and ignored the fans' feelings.
Isn’t it just a seasonal overlay? Like after the whole Duffy’s event they gonna change it back to Mickey…?

Rush

Duffy events are directed and made for pass holders and not your regular visitor/tourist who are not familiar with the characters and their lore, which is why I'm pretty surprised to hear that the HK fans are feeling some type of what about it. I think HKDL is coming into it's own and forming it's own identity which is a great thing. I've read comments from Japanese and mainland Chinese Disney parks fans who are very jealous that Hong Kong is getting an entire season dedicated to these park characters.

Last edited:

hahahkoi

Duffy events are directed and made for pass holders and not your regular visitor/tourist who are not familiar with the characters and their lore, which I'd why I'm pretty surprised to hear that the HK fans are feeling some type of what about it. I think HKDL is coming into it's own and forming it's own identity which is a great thing. I've read comments from Japanese and mainland Chinese Disney parks fans who are very jealous that Hong Kong is getting an entire season dedicated to these park characters.
Where did you read the comments from JP and CN?

kingo515

Is

Isn’t it just a seasonal overlay? Like after the whole Duffy’s event they gonna change it back to Mickey…?
Yes, but some local fans feel that there are many other places in the park that could be used as decorations for Duffy's events, rather than changing Mickey's floral, even if it is seasonal.

Last edited:

kingo515

Duffy events are directed and made for pass holders and not your regular visitor/tourist who are not familiar with the characters and their lore, which I'd why I'm pretty surprised to hear that the HK fans are feeling some type of what about it. I think HKDL is coming into it's own and forming it's own identity which is a great thing. I've read comments from Japanese and mainland Chinese Disney parks fans who are very jealous that Hong Kong is getting an entire season dedicated to these park characters.
I understand that fans elsewhere will be envious of HKDL's Duffy event, in fact the Duffy event itself is definitely not a bad thing, local fans are just unhappy that Mickey's floral has been replaced.
HKDL is also aware of the dissatisfaction of local fans, and deliberately does not mention Duffy floral in publicity.
I'm also amazed how the local fans' perceptions can be so opposite to those here, it's funny to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom