Hint at a Tron presence in the parks

Exprcoofto

Which would be better,.

Tron light cylces on the Disneyland peoplemover track or in the WDW speedway?

Maybe both??

Closing in on 100...

The peoplemover track in Disneyland. I hate WDW's speedway, but it doesn't have the correct atmosphere for a light cycle ride, IMO. The peoplemover goes through tunnels which they can incorporate into the attraction.

Of course, I'd rather have the normal PeopleMover over it all. :D

RSoxNo1

Screamscape posted this rumor today for Disneyland:

It sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. It’s just a Blue Sky idea right now, but I’m told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.

This Booster Bike idea has come up on threads here in the past, some photos can be seen here:

http://www.coasterforce.com/index.php?categoryid=785

I know there was another bike/coaster concept where the track was hidden in a similar vein as Test Track and the vehicle could seemingly change elevation along the track.

EPCOT Explorer

Screamscape posted this rumor today for Disneyland:

It sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. It’s just a Blue Sky idea right now, but I’m told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.

This Booster Bike idea has come up on threads here in the past, some photos can be seen here:

http://www.coasterforce.com/index.php?categoryid=785

I know there was another bike/coaster concept where the track was hidden in a similar vein as Test Track and the vehicle could seemingly change elevation along the track.

It can go in out TL, too. Holy carp.

Exprcoofto

I think it would be cool to have some sort of thrill ride where the car design is based after the four wheeled "light vehicle" that is seen in the trailer. Not sure what/how the ride could be, but I think it'd be pretty cool. (this is in addition of the Flynn's Arcade theming for the basic boring Arcade that exists now)

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I think it would be cool to have some sort of thrill ride where the car design is based after the four wheeled "light vehicle" that is seen in the trailer. Not sure what/how the ride could be, but I think it'd be pretty cool. (this is in addition of the Flynn's Arcade theming for the basic boring Arcade that exists now)

Maybe an Indy-style EMV?

SirGoofy

Honestly, that trailer gave me goosebumps. I haven't been this excited to see a Disney movie, and this is the first time in a long time I'm actually excited to see a Disney movie.

And if this is as big as I think it will be, I really think we have a shot of getting our first grown up ride added to MK in 20 years.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
First, trailer looks great, second, it looks like it's creating a lot of buzz from what I'm seeing on youtube and twitter already, I think it WILL be popular

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Went to see Alice last weekend, Tron 3D trailer played before the movie. It completely missed IMO. It generated 0 excitement in the theatre, my fiance looked at me and said that looks so stupid. I just do not see this being an event movie that has staying power. I realize Tron has become something of a cult classic, but I do not think it has the Q rating to justify such a production. Hopefully I am wrong though, I would love to have a lightcycle ride in TL.

Yensid40

Went to see Alice last weekend, Tron 3D trailer played before the movie. It completely missed IMO. It generated 0 excitement in the theatre, my fiance looked at me and said that looks so stupid. I just do not see this being an event movie that has staying power. I realize Tron has become something of a cult classic, but I do not think it has the Q rating to justify such a production. Hopefully I am wrong though, I would love to have a lightcycle ride in TL.

:eek:

---

I am nervous... always skeptical of sequels. The being said, I will most likely be there on opening night with my father who has been an electrical engineer since the late 70's. When Tron came out he was in Heaven. It will be fun to see his reaction years later.

hrcollectibles

I wonder if they will count the Tron overlay on the monorials as the tron presence in the park or perhaps the tron attraction

I saw Alice in Wonderland last friday and there was also zero excitement in the theater. It visually it looks great.. But I am not a fan of the original (it actually put me to sleep)...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I wonder if they will count the Tron overlay on the monorials as the tron presence in the park or perhaps the tron attraction

I saw Alice in Wonderland last friday and there was also zero excitement in the theater. It visually it looks great.. But I am not a fan of the original (it actually put me to sleep)...

Exactly. For example, when the Toy Story 3 trailer came on, there was a lot of chatter in the theatre, you could overhear people all over talking about going to see it. Same thing when the Alice trailers first debuted. I don't know that that means anything, but right now aside from geek blogs, I see no excitement for this movie.

markjohns1

I'm not too worried about the anecdotal evidence of "no buzz" for Tron Legacy. For what it's worth, there was no audible buzz during the Toy Story 3 trailer when I saw Alice opening weekend. I guess that means it won't be successful? Avatar seemed to only be generating geek blog buzz too and that seems to have turned out okay.

Tron could be the basis for a very compelling park addition. A lightcycle attraction is a natural choice, and that Booster Bike concept sounds incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom