High School Musical Transferring

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
Screamscape reported a rumor that HSM's Pep Rally may be moving to the ABC Theater at MGM. Can anyone/other sources confirm talks of this? It would seem to make sense given the popularity.

culturenthrills

That makes way more sense than Tomorrowland and it gets a dead building at the Studios back into use. It really sucks that we don't have anything like Tomorrowland Terrace out here. As much as DL Tomorrowland has its problems at least with the bands they would have at night the area felt really alive. That is one of my complaints at MK is almost all the entertainment ends at 6 whereas DL when they are open till 10 pm or later they have all kinds of evening entertainment. But yes, I think the show would work much better and make wayyyy more sense at the Studios.

Penndragon85

That makes way more sense than Tomorrowland and it gets a dead building at the Studios back into use. It really sucks that we don't have anything like Tomorrowland Terrace out here. As much as DL Tomorrowland has its problems at least with the bands they would have at night the area felt really alive. That is one of my complaints at MK is almost all the entertainment ends at 6 whereas DL when they are open till 10 pm or later they have all kinds of evening entertainment. But yes, I think the show would work much better and make wayyyy more sense at the Studios.

But remember Walt disney world has four theme parks, two water parks, Big downtown disney area to have entertainment. Where as DL is a bit smaller in comparison. But yes , I do agree with you I wish there was more small little entertainments on the side lines because it does bring it to life, but then you have to remember nighttime people are coming for the big things like Illumnations, Wishes, parades or dinner at WDW. But I do agree with you... and bringing the show over to DISNEY-MGM studios it will work well with the new branding :wave:

pheneix

I think I posted how disgusted I was that Disney didn't take advantage of this no-brainer decision two weeks ago. Oh, here it is:

High School Musical could have gone into MGM. It should have gone into MGM. There are two empty venues out there that are begging for this kind of show. For just a little more effort and a little more budget they could have made an entirely new attraction for that park. In fact, with the current wave that HSM is riding on it would have been a pretty big addition this fall.

Upon hearing this news I can only say "YAY!!!"

xtimMOOthyx

I got my hands on cast member guide for the Year of a Million Dreams, and the sketch for HSM Pep Rally shows Rock 'N Rollercoaster in the background.

Maybe they will use the plaza in front of RNR for the show in the near future? The plaza area IS supposed to be used for performances...

JCAEdge21

I got my hands on cast member guide for the Year of a Million Dreams, and the sketch for HSM Pep Rally shows Rock 'N Rollercoaster in the background.

Maybe they will use the plaza in front of RNR for the show in the near future? The plaza area IS supposed to be used for performances...

please no :( :( :(

Tim G

Screamscape reported a rumor that HSM's Pep Rally may be moving to the ABC Theater at MGM. Can anyone/other sources confirm talks of this? It would seem to make sense given the popularity
:eek: I can only confirm, that it's NOT true... :lookaroun

kcnole

It would make a lot more sense for it to be over there but who knows. Wasn't the point for each land to have its own special show for the year of a million dreams though? Tomorrowland got HSM, adventureland got the pirate tutorial, frontierland got woody's roundup, and I can't remember if anything went into fantasyland or not.

I'd much rather see it at MGM even though I think MGM relies way too much on shows as it is. What it needs desperately are more rides not another show although having this there wouldn't have hurt.

DDuckFan130

Would have been nice. But oh well. I did see the show last Saturday and enjoyed it very much. The lead girl and guy sang very well and although it doesn't fit, it still brought in a nice crowd who didn't care where the show was :lol:

the-reason14

I think it would be better at MGM too. Corrus, hopefully the reason why its not going into the old abc theater stage is because they have something bigger and better going in there, maybe:lookaroun . I dont know, but MGM does need something more than just some shows they need some rides and stuff to, they need to expand.

Someone said something about the year of a million dreams and the new entertainment that all the lands of the MK got, well couldnt T-land have gotten a Buzz lightyear type show or something? I mean Frontierland got the Woody thing, and they are like the oppossite, it would make more sense to do that and move HSM over at MGM. What did liberty square get?

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
I agree. With the training camps and what not, a Space Ranger training camp would have worked. An intergallactic Federation show with various creatures. Plus any number of original entertainment with space travellers, an intergalactic travel agent, etc.

boo52

It is true that the show is closing in Tomorrowland. The last day is January 6th. The memo was sent out last night around 7.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom