High School Musical Transferring

RozFan

we've heard plenty of buzz that HSM is coming to the coaster courtyard. also the cart that did sell RnR merchandise now stocks nothing but HSM merchandise. :lookaroun

i guess with coaster going down for its rehab they are going to use the area for that?

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
we've heard plenty of buzz that HSM is coming to the coaster courtyard. also the cart that did sell RnR merchandise now stocks nothing but HSM merchandise. :lookaroun

i guess with coaster going down for its rehab they are going to use the area for that?

I swear someone in the entertainment placement department needs to be fired if this is true. (and, thanks for the info). This entertainment venue is proving popular. That means it could be a small draw. So, where do we place it? On a dead end off a dead end street that is already crawling with people?!? Furthermore, near the two signature attractions, both of which are not rideable by at least 30% of HSM's target audience and who are rideable by a significant number of guests that may find HSM a bit more than grating on the ears.

We have an entire half of the park that does not see nearly as much foot traffic that could use a boost. We have a large entry way that could use a nice spark ala the Castle Forecourt shows. Now, if this becomes a travelling show that goes from RnRC up to the main hub similar to what DCA's does, that's fine. But, a permanent placement at RnRC just seems like an entire waste of an opportunity.

cdunbar

I agree the location they are thinking is just basicly a diaster waiting to happen, I mean people are trying to get through to get to the rides and they have to wait for the show to end in order to get in line for RnRC, O that'll go over like a lead ballon! In addition to that I mean Im sure someone is going to end up getting hurt by trying to get through the crowd to one of the ques, and thats just what disney needs more bad pub..." This just in a little (insert gender here) was trappled by another MGM vistor at the Disney Park today, the child was just trying to enjoy their fav. attraction at the park the HS Musical show!" If they do this I'll be sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear about the latest in a row of diasters!

tirian

Frankly, I find the singing and overacting to be awful.

But I'm not a tween, and I know that my tastes have definitely changed since I was in HSM's target audience.

Parents also like the fact that HSM presents what is possibly the most wholesome high school EVER since "Leave It to Beaver."

MamaMunk

And over at California Adventure. The stage travels down the parade corridor and makes 2 performance stops at Sunshine Plaza and in San Francisco

I know this is a bit of an old post, but I have new info. There are postings around MK and other parks looking for drivers for the HSM float at WDW. Guess it's going to be a lot more like CA's than we thought!

PintoColvig

I saw the HS Musical show yesterday. It was what I expected: high energy songs from the movie. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. While it makes more sense for it to be at MGM than to be in TL, I'm thinking that there are way too many shows over there already. I'd prefer that they use the real estate occupied by ABC theater and Sounds Dangerous for a dark ride or two.

PyxiiDustt

But I'm not a tween, and I know that my tastes have definitely changed since I was in HSM's target audience.

Parents also like the fact that HSM presents what is possibly the most wholesome high school EVER since "Leave It to Beaver."

I completely agree with you - minus the singing part. I think everyone in the movie can sing, and for that reason, I like the soundtrack, but I think the acting is horrible and the plot line is so sickeningly saccharine that it makes me crazy :hurl: . But yeah. My 5 year old nephew and 8 year old cousin love it. But I don't really understand the craze behind it.

MMP

I saw the HS Musical show yesterday. It was what I expected: high energy songs from the movie. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. While it makes more sense for it to be at MGM than to be in TL, I'm thinking that there are way too many shows over there already. I'd prefer that they use the real estate occupied by ABC theater and Sounds Dangerous for a dark ride or two.

They won't be using that theatre for the show, it's going to be a traveling show similar to Blood, Sweat, and Shears. Most likely on a flat bed truck.

Shaman

I agree with both posts quoted. HSM belongs in The Studios...but not in the theater....use the theater for a ride.

dxwwf3

Well I was first introduced to this whole HSM thing on the Christmas Day Parade yesterday and it was exactly what I was expecting.....totally not for me. That's fine though. It is popular enough among the kiddies where it deserves a decent little show at MGM for a couple of years.

Darth Plank

Here are the results from my friends
25% Like It 75% Hate it So Disney won't do the ride. Maybe instead if they did they would close it down and replace it with Kingdom Hearts.Maybe they can have a ride or two about Kingdom Hearts.

Darth Plank

I got my hands on cast member guide for the Year of a Million Dreams, and the sketch for HSM Pep Rally shows Rock 'N Rollercoaster in the background.

Maybe they will use the plaza in front of RNR for the show in the near future? The plaza area IS supposed to be used for performances...
that would make the wait time 10 times longer than usal at RnRC :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom