High School Musical Transferring

xstechbabe

I highly doubt it. I was told it is the only place with the space...and the crowed to make it worth while...that is why it is there...and will be there for a long while...

darthjohnny

It would make a lot more sense for it to be over there but who knows. Wasn't the point for each land to have its own special show for the year of a million dreams though? Tomorrowland got HSM, adventureland got the pirate tutorial, frontierland got woody's roundup, and I can't remember if anything went into fantasyland or not.

Don't they have a Princess Class at Fantasyland now?

I agree. With the training camps and what not, a Space Ranger training camp would have worked. An intergallactic Federation show with various creatures. Plus any number of original entertainment with space travellers, an intergalactic travel agent, etc.

Isn't that what they are doing in Disneyland, now that they got rid of the Jedi Training Academy?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Who was the memo sent to?

Anyone who wants to see it at this point.. pull up Disneyauditions.com

Seking male pop vocalist for High School musical pep rally at Disney MGM Studious, audition at AK sherbeth road.. yadda yadda... Desire basketball skills.

Also seeking female pop vocalist for same show.

tirian

^^ This will be much better than the pep rally. WDW Entertainment is trying to bring as many new things in as possible right now.

dreamscometrue

Anyone who wants to see it at this point.. pull up Disneyauditions.com

Seking male pop vocalist for High School musical pep rally at Disney MGM Studious, audition at AK sherbeth road.. yadda yadda... Desire basketball skills.

Also seeking female pop vocalist for same show.

Thanks Merf!

metscool

Well what I heard today is that today was the last day for High School Musical in Tomorrowland. And IS going over to MGM. That is what I heard I am NOT telling anyone who I heard that from.

xxliz28xx

Yup it's true. I talk/see the HSM cast everyday because I work on Mickey's Twas, they share the same greenroom. It's moving to MGM in January, not sure where though. And yes, equity are not too happy about having to reaudition for their parts again.

kennygman

From touringplans website
High School Musical leaving Tomorrowland

The High School Musical Pep Rally is leaving Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom park in early January.

New audition notices have been posted for a version of the show to take place at Disney MGM Studios.

Details behind the decision for the move are unknown.

Posted 2006-12-02
http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=44

kcnole

Thank you suits. This show should have never gone into tomorrowland to begin with, but maybe they had to do some work before it could go into MGM. Who knows, I'm just glad to see it leaving Tomorrowland.

malice

This is good news. The show never belonged in Tomorrowland. I still can't figure how they ever approved HSM Pep Rally's first stage incarnation. :lookaroun It's just sad looking.

MKPEP.jpg

A nice improvement, *thankfully* the version I saw:
DSC03796-1.jpg

And over at California Adventure. The stage travels down the parade corridor and makes 2 performance stops at Sunshine Plaza and in San Francisco:
DCAPEP.jpg

EDIT: (PHOTO CREDITS) 1st pic is from laughingplace.com, 3rd pic is courtesy of Darkbeer, and the 2nd is my own

twirl2378

YAY ! They are bringing another show to MGM! The studio needs more love, :kiss: entertainment wise, since it is supposed to be all about entertainment.
It really sucks about the equity actors having to re-audition though. Good luck to all that are in the old cast getting your old parts back in the new location.

PKD

It is true that the show is closing in Tomorrowland. The last day is January 6th. The memo was sent out last night around 7.

Last month I mentioned how the ABC Theatre was getting a new lighting system and I mentioned it was the type for stage show (not just a basic on off setup)... this could be for the show. Either way, its installed now

The cast claims they were told ABC Theatre.

dixiegirl

Wow...I hope this is true.

:D

Me too, more reason for me NOT to go to MGM....Sorry I know I can't be the only one but I find Mgm So incredibly boring , I mean yeah we'll go there for aerosmith coaster and fantasmic...but i just find it so boring...

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Screamscape reported a rumor that HSM's Pep Rally may be moving to the ABC Theater at MGM. Can anyone/other sources confirm talks of this? It would seem to make sense given the popularity.

I SO CALLED THAT :sohappy:

And I so hope it comes true :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom