High School Musical 3?

dandaman

-looks over shoulder-

Who are you talking to?

:lol:

Sorry, Jimbo, but for all of your great points, sometimes that sums up the others. :eek:

Regarding this particular point, Peter Jennings isn't in my face singing annoying songs and hocking his merchandise. (If he was, I'd be a lot more scared than just the HSM thing. :lookaroun) I honestly wouldn't even mind it as much if I didn't find HSM in half the current facets of entertainment.

wondersofdave89

High School Musical prints money. Disney fans who argue against it are ignorant. The only way to build and maintain the quality that we as nerds desire (and by we I mean the fraction of the fraction of the people that really care) and that is to make profits. HSM is a very basic formula that for some reason drives the kiddies mad. Its the people who complain about cutbacks and closures and then talk bad about one of the major money making devices Disney operates that drive me insane. This is exactly why I have such little faith in the online Disney community. The rampant blind sightedness and hypocrisy that fuels a legion of rabid mouse worshipers.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hi, Im ignorant, but if it looks like ertha, smells like ertha, chances are its ertha.

But then shallow and vacuous is exactly the target audience so I guess it hits the mark.

malice

hsm4.jpg

don't front...you know you want to see this happen.

cdunbar

hsm4.jpg

don't front...you know you want to see this happen.
O my, don't tell me that's for real. This is gonna turn into 90210, they were cool through high school and college, and then once they got out of college it was just totally fake! :wave:

mcstensrud

Maybe they could move the show to where The Indiana Jones Stunt Show is now:lookaroun.Because ya know it is closing :shrug:.Sometime.

Disneykidder

It's ok. The kids love it and I am not exposed to it too much. If I worked in DHS....yeah, I'd secretly burn the float at night.

My students love HSM and eagerly await to next movie. Disney is smart...they will make millions upon millions by having the last installment of the series via movie theaters. I'm sure it will eventually be replayed on the Disney channel but not for a while.

EpcotServo

Regarding this particular point, Peter Jennings isn't in my face singing annoying songs and hocking his merchandise. (If he was, I'd be a lot more scared than just the HSM thing. :lookaroun) I honestly wouldn't even mind it as much if I didn't find HSM in half the current facets of entertainment.

/agree

Chernabogfan

My kids liked HSM and are looking forward to the movie but right now, it's all about "Camp Rock" & the Jonas Brothers. You've got to hand it to the Disney marketing dept., they've got it down to an art form. The RIAA could take a lesson from these guys.

DisneyGigi

If you have a Daughter in the target age range then it can be a little overwhelming. I have to say though that mine has moved onto Hannah Montana for the moment so now I hear her songs in my head every night when I am trying to go to sleep! :brick: Very smart marketing though there is nothing in DD's room that isn't either HSM, Hannah or Jonas Brothers!

PotteryGal

DH and I were joking about how far Disney might take the HSM series: High School Musical 75: the Senior Years. The former Wildcats decide to put on a musical at the nursing home when gasp! Troy falls and breaks a hip!! What will they do???? :animwink:

More seriously, I don't really have a problem with HSM, the movies are innocent and well-done. I'm just tired of the over-marketing that takes place. Tends to dampen one's enthusiasm. :shrug:

bigedefd

DD LOVES HSM!!! She will be so excited to find out we are going to be at WDW when the new show opens on Oct. 24th. Can't wait to see her face when I tell her.

elisatonks

There was an article in USA Today ( I believe) awhile back about how HSM has brought the musical genre to a new generation. In fact it's being staged by more schools than some of the classics.

As a broadway babe I can only hope that they'll graduate from HSM onto other shows.

I have to agree with you on this. It would seem it may be having this effect in the UK as the west end had its highest ever box office takings in this last year, however this has also been helped along by 'I'd do anything', 'any dream will do' and 'how do you solve a problem like maria?' tv shows (for those of you how don't know this programs think american idol but for musical theatre with the prize being the lead in a west end show!) Just a shame that going to the theatre is still way to expensive.

maryszhi

i am so excited. thanks to disney, im the only 17 year old who loves hannah montana, hsm, and ...THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!1

Nicole220

DH and I were joking about how far Disney might take the HSM series: High School Musical 75: the Senior Years. The former Wildcats decide to put on a musical at the nursing home when gasp! Troy falls and breaks a hip!! What will they do???? :animwink:
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Love it!

mickeymagic92

although i dont mind the movies, what i do care about his how much influence it has on the company. i saw the first movie and thought i was pretty bad but not horrific. what is getting annoying, however, is the amount of merchandising that is out for it now

Sassagoula-Rvr

Disney has done a great job of marketing these I personally don't like them except I do have to say that Efron is a very lucky guy to be dating Hudgens. I wish the High School I go to had girls like her. :)

I can see it now...
HSM: 4...HSM: 5.....6.....7.....8.....9.....10.....11.....12......13.....14.....15.....16....17.....18....HSM: THE MUSICAL......HSM:19......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom