High School Musical 3?

souda

It's about time that the kids have something good to watch. Some of the cartoons out there are more violent than night time tv.

Madhatter06

I have to agree with you on this. It would seem it may be having this effect in the UK as the west end had its highest ever box office takings in this last year, however this has also been helped along by 'I'd do anything', 'any dream will do' and 'how do you solve a problem like maria?' tv shows (for those of you how don't know this programs think american idol but for musical theatre with the prize being the lead in a west end show!) Just a shame that going to the theatre is still way to expensive.

Yeah, they did "you're the one that I want" here for the revival of grease. And I agree about the price. I go to see a show for my birthday every year and the price for Little Mermaid was ridiculous. Saw Young Frankenstein instead which was amazing and a little less.

Anyway back on topic, I recently went back to my middle (junior high) school and each of the 3 choirs did at least one HSM song at their concert. So it's invaded the schools too! :eek:

When I go in January I'll be seeing the show I'm sure- my friend loves it. (yes she'll be 22 at the time, but hey monique coleman is 25ish)

Disney_Freak429

i am so excited. thanks to disney, im the only 17 year old who loves hannah montana, hsm, and ...THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!1

Minus the first part a bit & I have you beat by a few years :lookaroun I saw the JoBros for a 3rd time last Sunday it was another amazing show. To stay on topic though I heard "Now or Never" the first song from HSM3 & it was just sort of blah to me. Also to those who said Nick shows are a bad influence on kids :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: BRAVO to you for being on target with that. I was watching a certain Nick show one day & something was said where I had to do a double take like "they are teaching kids to say that & act that way" that was the last time I turned on that channel & I won't let any friends or family turn it on either. Nick is setting a very bad example for kids & teaching them more wrong then right.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My 19 year old is a fan, plays the music so much that Im glad when her sister turns up Trivium to drown the waves of blandness out. The only thing I can think, is that those times I dropped her on her head as a baby may have affected her worse than I thought.:shrug:

On the plus side shes not coming on this years trip so we can skip the horrors of the MGM show.

Castle Cake Apologist

What's really funny to me is that probably 60% of the people posting negativity in this thread have never seen more than ten minutes of any of the movies.

Facts speak for themselves:

High School Musical

* Disney Channel's most watched movie at its time, with 7.7 million viewers.
* DVD release created a sales record when 1.2 million copies were sold in its first six days, making it the fastest-selling television movie of all time.
* Won twelve awards, including Emmys and Billboard Music Awards.
* Soundtrack was the best selling album of 2006, certified 4x platinum in the U.S. (total worldwide platinum certifications: 29), reached the top sales spot on both Amazon and iTunes, produced 5 top 40 hits on the Billboard hot 100 chart, and was the first TV soundtrack to reach number one since Miami Vice.
* Worldwide soundtrack sales to date: 14,295,000+

High School Musical 2

* Broke the record for the most-watched cable telecast in history, with 17.3 million people watching the premiere broadcast.
* Soundtrack was the best selling album of 2007, remained at number one for 4 weeks, was certified platinum in its first week of release, won best soundtrack at the Billboard Music Awards, was the highest downloaded album on iTunes and Amazon, was the first album in over 2 years to remain at number one for more than 2 weeks, and is certified 3 times platinum in the U.S. (6 platinum certifications worldwide).
* Worldwide soundtrack sales to date: 11,620,000+

Just saying... ;)

haveyoumetmark

Just by that picture you have of that guy from Fall Out Boy I believe. You have made it apparent that you have a inclination to gobble up whatever is handed to you and catered by marketeers.

Just because it has made money and has won awards by teeming hordes of kiddies does not mean that it is good for everyone and I have infact sat down with my 7 year old sister and watched the second one and found it to be complete talentless garbage, much like your Fall Out Boy. But if it sells oh well. I can't stop them from making more...

Holy personal attacks, Batman! People take this stuff way too seriously. It was a low-budget TV movie that ended up a phenomenon. I don't think it was anticipated by anyone. Why people are so incredibly negative towards it is beyond me. What's with this personal vendetta?

As for complete talentless garbage... that's your personal opinion. You don't have to be a fan, but being that antagonistic... it's worrisome.

Lucky

High School Musical prints money. Disney fans who argue against it are ignorant. The only way to build and maintain the quality that we as nerds desire (and by we I mean the fraction of the fraction of the people that really care) and that is to make profits. HSM is a very basic formula that for some reason drives the kiddies mad. Its the people who complain about cutbacks and closures and then talk bad about one of the major money making devices Disney operates that drive me insane. This is exactly why I have such little faith in the online Disney community. The rampant blind sightedness and hypocrisy that fuels a legion of rabid mouse worshipers.
Great point. If you want Disney to have the revenue to build and maintain superior parks, you have to put up with an occasional HSM or Cinderellabration. If they didn't market heavily to young kids and their families, they'd be just another Universal.

WildLodgeFan

'Tis true! :lol: I've seen 3 year olds with halter tops and low rise short shorts! Oh yeah and they were rockin' out to HSM and their ipod!

:eek: I think I hit the floor - only my almost 16 year old has an mp3 player (Tinkerbell) in our house. The 10 year old is without one and probably will be until he is about 13.

Of course, this is the mom that didn't a buy a TV for the oldest until she was 13, and the same will occur for the youngest, though he desperately wants one. It's the one frustrating thing I have with Disney Marketing (and I am a marketer by trade). I dislike the Disney TV's marketed for young children. I know, I know, if there is a market demand for them, but honestly, why do toddlers and young children really need a television in their rooms? :shrug: Of course, that's my opinion, so please don't flame me to death. :D

WildLodgeFan

hsm4.jpg

don't front...you know you want to see this happen.

Great artwork! Love your vision. :D

WildLodgeFan

What's really funny to me is that probably 60% of the people posting negativity in this thread have never seen more than ten minutes of any of the movies.

Facts speak for themselves:

High School Musical

* Disney Channel's most watched movie at its time, with 7.7 million viewers.
* DVD release created a sales record when 1.2 million copies were sold in its first six days, making it the fastest-selling television movie of all time.
* Won twelve awards, including Emmys and Billboard Music Awards.
* Soundtrack was the best selling album of 2006, certified 4x platinum in the U.S. (total worldwide platinum certifications: 29), reached the top sales spot on both Amazon and iTunes, produced 5 top 40 hits on the Billboard hot 100 chart, and was the first TV soundtrack to reach number one since Miami Vice.
* Worldwide soundtrack sales to date: 14,295,000+

High School Musical 2

* Broke the record for the most-watched cable telecast in history, with 17.3 million people watching the premiere broadcast.
* Soundtrack was the best selling album of 2007, remained at number one for 4 weeks, was certified platinum in its first week of release, won best soundtrack at the Billboard Music Awards, was the highest downloaded album on iTunes and Amazon, was the first album in over 2 years to remain at number one for more than 2 weeks, and is certified 3 times platinum in the U.S. (6 platinum certifications worldwide).
* Worldwide soundtrack sales to date: 11,620,000+

Just saying... ;)

Exactly. I may not be a rabid fan of the HSM franchise (though, personally I like seeing musicals making a comeback), the reality is, Disney is a publically held business that reports to share holders. Share holders want dividends and maximum returns for their investments. If you have a winning formula, your best option is to hit it while it's hot and maximize the amount of cash that it can produce while it's in that hot zone. Which is why you see the ramped up merchandizing that you see for these franchises. The merchandising department realizes this and it's trying to maximize the window they have for these profits. Especially when the focus can switch fast with the introduction of the next great thing from a competitor.

Lucky

hsm4.jpg

don't front...you know you want to see this happen.
Nope, not college years. To save money, HSM4 and PotC4 will be filmed as a single movie, marketed to two different audiences:

High School Musical 4: Caribbean Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Curse of the Wildcats

Yankeeplex

If you don't have children, you would have no idea what this is all about. Not only does my daughter love the movies, but so do we. They are harmless, fun, and have music that you are constantly humming. We will definitely be going to the movies to see part tres.

WildLodgeFan

Nope, not college years. To save money, HSM4 and PotC4 will be filmed as a single movie, marketed to two different audiences:

High School Musical 4: Caribbean Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Curse of the Wildcats

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:You guys are killing me with laughter!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If you don't have children, you would have no idea what this is all about. Not only does my daughter love the movies, but so do we. They are harmless, fun, and have music that you are constantly humming. We will definitely be going to the movies to see part tres.

If you have children it may explain why you hate it so much.

Its just bland..............

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom